• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Well, the latest posts in this thread inspired me to check our credit cards, even though we didn't use one for our APs. We purchased PH tickets on Park Savers and then upgraded those to (out of state) APs at DHS and paid entirely with gift cards for the upgrade. So, thought for sure we'd be waiting for a check. Quite surprised that we had a $3K+ credit on one of DH's credit cards. We have used it for Disney things before (he paid for Run Disney with recently), so maybe they just use whatever they have on file. We used the Disney chat feature to cancel on 8/11, by the way.

The amount we received matched the "estimate" we requested from Disney ($1165.77/each), but it's a bit short of what I calculated using their formula. I'm not going to complain, though, as we upgraded to APs just 8 days before the parks closed, so got a full trip out of them and got back our entire investment as well (because we'd started w/discounted PH and gift cards).

I had the exact worry about days used. That is NOT how any that I’ve seen have been posted. Usage days in their calculation formula refers to available days to use. We had the same type you had (almost the exact expiration and paid what you did). My refund is within dollars of yours (not leaving it out intentionally just don’t remember specifically to the dollar). Your calculation is accurate as of what I experienced as of yesterday.

I had the exact worry about days used. That is NOT how any that I’ve seen have been posted. Usage days in their calculation formula refers to available days to use. We had the same type you had (almost the exact expiration and paid what you did). My refund is within dollars of yours (not leaving it out intentionally just don’t remember specifically to the dollar). Your calculation is accurate as of what I experienced as of yesterday.
Meant this to reply for Seeing the Sights post but it didn’t quote correctly

I don't think anyone is lying. I think they are scrambling and overworked. Their response has not been optimal but I think they are trying. It's a huge project.
Disney stated customers would receive refunds by late September.
We are going into the 2nd week of October and many customer not only have no refund, they have no information from Disney.
Disney JUST STARTED PROCESSING REFUNDS ON 10/1 - After the “Late September” timeframe they promised - and yet they didn’t notify any of those impacted.
They have had MONTHS to rectify this “huge project”.
Disney has dropped the ball. Disney is not “trying”. Trying would have been open and honest in their communication with their consumers - not leaving them in the dark.

Canceled 7/29 via the link in the email. Refund credited back to original form of payment 09/29.

Gold AP
Purchased January 12, 2020 $744.44
New expiration date including the 117 days: May 9, 2021.
Refund amount $603.07

We are going into the 2nd week of October and many customer not only have no refund, they have no information from Disney.
Disney JUST STARTED PROCESSING REFUNDS ON 10/1 - After the “Late September” timeframe they promised - and yet they didn’t notify any of those impacted.
Disney has dropped the ball. Disney is not “trying”. Trying would have been open and honest in their communication with their consumers - not leaving them in the dark.

Actually people here, including myself, have posted that they cancelled either through the 07/14/2020 email link or by phone after those emails went out, and a refund was posted to their credit card on 09/29/2020. So while I understand your frustration, your facts are incorrect.

I had a refund for an AP that expired during the closure (May 24) pretty quickly (July 6). I requested full cancellation for 2 other APs while that was still not an option and I am still waiting for those (purchased for other family members through Sam's Club).

I feel the offer of a refund for unused days since parks closed is fair. They are refunding huge amounts of people who purchased their passes for different amounts, from different places, using different forms of payment. And some of them have changed their minds about cancelling, both ways. So I'll cut them some slack for now.

My update for those still waiting...
  • Purchased (2) adult 5 day PH on 02/11/20 for $1224
  • Uprgraded to AP on 03/06/20 for $1321
  • On 08/11/20 requested refund & cancellation via e-mail link
  • On 10/01/20- credit of $1231 recvd on my CC (original form of payment for both transactions
I am disappointed in the amount of the refund, as our activation date was so close to the shutdown. Still not sure what formula they used, or if that refund is for one of the AP's, and the 2nd one is still in process. I may try to call. Two e-mails to them have resulted in canned responses.

• On 10/01/20- credit of $1231 recvd on my CC (original form of payment for both transactions
I am disappointed in the amount of the refund, as our activation date was so close to the shutdown. Still not sure what formula they used, or if that refund is for one of the AP's, and the 2nd one is still in process. I may try to call. Two e-mails to them have resulted in canned responses.

You can look at the formulas I posted in post # 4109 on page 206 and see if that helps.

I got a refund this AM posted to my CC for 334.47 x2 for 2 out of state platinum passes. They were originally set to expire 6/27/2020. Originally we had planned on going in October 2020 so we did not request the partial refund and took the extension. The more we thought about it we decided to cancel October trip and when the option came for a full cancellation we took it.
I by no means am trying to be greedy, but I’m wondering if the amount of the refund I got today was for the closure period not the full cancellation? Was there any official word if you could get both the partial refund and the full cancellation refund? Has anyone gotten two separate transactions/ amounts back?
I’m just wondering so I can plan ahead. We are planning a trip for next year and obviously we will have to buy tickets. Thanks in advance for your responses.
This is the exact date my families’ APs were set to expire. We were out of state Platinum Plus. We bought before the price increase though. I’ve calculated that we should get back about $1200 for the 4 of us for the closure period. This looks about right to me (depending on when you bought/what you paid).

Actually people here, including myself, have posted that they cancelled either through the 07/14/2020 email link or by phone after those emails went out, and a refund was posted to their credit card on 09/29/2020. So while I understand your frustration, your facts are incorrect.

Nope, my facts are correct. Simply because you received a refund does not invalidate the facts I provided. Which, incidentally, were provided by Disney. They just began processing “another round of refunds on 10/1, later than they had anticipated“.

Well the three other people that got AP's the same day as I that were in my party and canceled after me, have been refunded. But still no refund on mine. I called again and was told yes the pass has been cancelled and I will receive a refund but they can't tell me if it will be by check or back to the original form of payment, and can't tell me when as they said it is still showing processing but that is all they can see on their end. This has been a debacle.

I got a refund this AM posted to my CC for 334.47 x2 for 2 out of state platinum passes. They were originally set to expire 6/27/2020. Originally we had planned on going in October 2020 so we did not request the partial refund and took the extension. The more we thought about it we decided to cancel October trip and when the option came for a full cancellation we took it.
I by no means am trying to be greedy, but I’m wondering if the amount of the refund I got today was for the closure period not the full cancellation? Was there any official word if you could get both the partial refund and the full cancellation refund? Has anyone gotten two separate transactions/ amounts back?
I’m just wondering so I can plan ahead. We are planning a trip for next year and obviously we will have to buy tickets. Thanks in advance for your responses.
So, a full refund as I understand it gets you a refund to your original expiration date. $334 seems right to me for a ~3.5 month refund. Of course, it depends how much you originally spent on your pass.

Our family had 4 annual passes and the original Annual Pass expiration date was 4/22/2020. Due to the closure, we lost 37 days of use of the passses. We had purchased our annual passes by upgrading from our 9 day park hopper tickets to the DVC discounted platinum pass. We paid $254.54 to upgrade per ticket, and the original 9 day park hoppers cost $543.15 each. On 10/1/2020 we received a credit card refund with four separate credits of $82.60 each. With 37 days of lost use of the pass, I had expected a roughly 10% refund of the upgrade fee we paid. Does Disney use the full purchase price of the park hopper and the upgrade fee to the platinum pass to calculate the refund?

For those who received refunds, are your passes still showing in MDE or are they gone? I asked for the closing period refund but did not cancel my pass. We got the partial refund, & our passes still show in MDE with the extension. I am still worried they will cancel the whole thing.
Ours are gone

Hi

I wanted to give an update now that I have called to cancel our passes. We never received the email that went out with the online cancellation option.

I waited on hold for maybe 15 minutes and was connected to someone, but they were in reservations despite me calling the AP line. The woman even commented that she sees I came through the AP line. She took my name and what I was calling for and transferred me to the AP dept and advised I would be on hold probably 45 minutes.

Maybe 40 minutes later a woman named Harlowe answered and already knew my name. She was super helpful. She cancelled both mine and my husband’s passes. While we were on the phone I received an email confirmation. She said Scott’s would go to his email (he hasn’t received it yet).

She explained the calculation roughly as the remaining days left on the pass from mid August to expiration. Our passes were due to expire in October 2020 but the extension (for park closure) applied brings the expiration to February. So roughly half since that’s about 6 months. The total for the 2 passes was about $2,400 so I will expect about $1,200 in September.

I mentioned that I had a Disney Gift Card that was used for $150 of the cost of passes but that gift card was thrown out after buying the passes. She said that portion would probably be sent in a new gift card. The balance (about $2,240) was on MasterCard which I still have but it has a new expiration date (she said that’s not a problem) and that portion of the refund will go there. She is noting in my file that the gift card doesn’t exist anymore and said they may just put the refund back on the credit card instead of sending a gift card.

It all went very smoothly on the call. Harlowe was great so if you call and she answers you will feel well taken care of. Now we just wait until September and hope that we receive the refunds as expected.

And the bigger hope is that there is a vaccine for COVID19, we stop the spread, and we all stay safe and healthy.

Noreen

Hi

I wanted to come back and give an update.

I checked my credit card online this morning and noticed two credits on my MasterCard for equal amounts totaling about $1,300. They were posted 9/29/20. The vendor was listed as ”Epcot Guest Relations Lake Buena Vista FL”

Based on the rough calculation used it looks like they put the full refund on the credit card used for the majority of the purchase, rather than sending me a new gift card for part of it. I prefer it this way so am happy they just put it all on the credit card.

I’m glad I have received the refund after the long wait. I hope everyone waiting starts to receive theirs too.

Stay safe and healthy

Noreen

Did you just get back ONE credit? Maybe another is coming. We had 7 APS , some cancelled, some partial refund. We got back a separate credit for each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter