• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Just got off with park reservations. It seems that AP can only reserve 3 park days at a time. I asked when this information was sent out to AP and she said she wasn't sure if it was. So.... if you are staying off site and are using your AP to get into the parks, you can only have 3 park reservations at a time. If you are planning on coming at a busy time like Christmas week, you may not get into the parks any more days than the 3 you book early.

There was an email that went out to passholders with the same information that's found here.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/
  • Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.

Just got off with park reservations. It seems that AP can only reserve 3 park days at a time. I asked when this information was sent out to AP and she said she wasn't sure if it was. So.... if you are staying off site and are using your AP to get into the parks, you can only have 3 park reservations at a time. If you are planning on coming at a busy time like Christmas week, you may not get into the parks any more days than the 3 you book early.

Sorry you missed it. But this has been the case since the parks reopened & the reservation system started. I got this email July 14th. The same email has the option to cancel your pass.

82912874-85E4-4212-B849-F37CC6DB8020.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally purchased 4 day hoppers and upgraded to Platinum Plus before we even went to parks. Activated passes on Feb 29th 2020. Used them for 4 days. Still no refund.

Originally purchased 4 day hoppers and upgraded to Platinum Plus before we even went to parks. Activated passes on Feb 29th 2020. Used them for 4 days. Still no refund.
So you didn't even get a partial refund which was issued around August if my recollection served me for the time the parks were closed? Have you tried calling the AP phone number and what did they say?

I also have not received any refund yet, "partial or full", for 3 out of state AP's. Originally purchased 10/27/19. I've called, emailed and done chat. Everyone says "processing". Passes still show in MDE with a date of 3/27/21. Credit card used to purchase is closed (by me) so should be getting a check. Requested partial refund back in June, for all 3, then remaining refund in August for all 3. I have 3 confirmation emails.

I just want my money back...

I recently was told that my refund check for the closure period should be expected the end of October through the end of November, instead of the originally-advised mid to late September. Due to the large volume of requests that need to be manually-processed, the refunds are taking longer to complete.

Cancelled our APs during the closure and just called the VIP Passholder Line to see if I am "eligible" to purchase new ones...

The CM was very nice. She confirmed our basic information and noted that we have a hotel reservation for June (this seemed to matter). Then explained that a team would evaluate our request and call us back. She said that she honestly didn't know how long it would take - could be two days, could be 10 days.

Its pretty bizarre the process is this clunky. Either WDW really wants to limit APs or they are incredibly disorganized - for their sake, I hope its the former.

Cancelled our APs during the closure and just called the VIP Passholder Line to see if I am "eligible" to purchase new ones...

The CM was very nice. She confirmed our basic information and noted that we have a hotel reservation for June (this seemed to matter). Then explained that a team would evaluate our request and call us back. She said that she honestly didn't know how long it would take - could be two days, could be 10 days.

Its pretty bizarre the process is this clunky. Either WDW really wants to limit APs or they are incredibly disorganized - for their sake, I hope its the former.
Do you think the hotel reservation works in your favor or against you?

Still no refund. After many calls to Chase and Disney I don't know what to believe. Disney says it was sent for refund end of Sept and they confirmed the last four digits of credit card it went to. Chase has no record of any refund coming from "Epcot". I can see on my online Chase account nothing and have confirmed with them over the phone as well. Disney says it can take 1 to 2 billing cycles but Chase says it goes in within 72 hours when someone credits/refunds to them. I got an email back from Disney after I reached out in that method as well as was given a canned response to call in. This is just maddening.

Canceled my AP a few days before the deadline. My AP was purchased Marathon Weekend. So I didn't have it too long before the parks shut down. I still have not seen my refund. I had completely forgot about it until the other day. I am guessing that they will be sending me a check since more than half of the AP was paid via gift cards, some cash, and then the balance on credit card. I did check my credit card just in case and there is nothing. This is definitely frustrating. If you are going to keep my money this long, pay me some interest on top.

Still no refund. After many calls to Chase and Disney I don't know what to believe. Disney says it was sent for refund end of Sept and they confirmed the last four digits of credit card it went to. Chase has no record of any refund coming from "Epcot". I can see on my online Chase account nothing and have confirmed with them over the phone as well. Disney says it can take 1 to 2 billing cycles but Chase says it goes in within 72 hours when someone credits/refunds to them. I got an email back from Disney after I reached out in that method as well as was given a canned response to call in. This is just maddening.

Argh, I'm so irritated for you! Just for reference, my refunds were on a Chase Southwest Visa. Showed up on my online account view on October 2nd, but the credits are dated September 29th.

Argh, I'm so irritated for you! Just for reference, my refunds were on a Chase Southwest Visa. Showed up on my online account view on October 2nd, but the credits are dated September 29th.
Glad you got yours. I called again and as usual got a completely different answer to where my refund is.. I am now being told that they have NOT sent out my refund to Chase yet. Even though the prior CM told me it was sent on 9/29 to Chase, it actually wasn't. The CM didn't know when I will receive it but that it's delayed but I will be getting a refund at some point. How comforting.

If your certificates are for renewal passes they will start on the date that your old pass expired, regardless of when you activate it. If you want to extend it to a new annual pass you will have to pay the difference between the renewal pass price that you paid and whatever the current AP price is when you activate it. Then you will have a year from that date.

Since your passes expired in December and your certificates were not active, I would not expect that you would be getting an extension. You might be able to ask for an extension, but I'm not sure it would be worth it in your case if the only trip you are going to use it for is the one in December. You'd be better off holding the certificate and upgrading when you arrive to a new pass with a full year.

Update on my renewal certificate. I had an AP that expired December 2019. I renewed but did not ACTIVATE it because my trip for March 202 was canceled. We arrived on 9.26.2020 and went to MK. The cast member treated my renewal voucher as a "new" voucher and now it expires 9.26.2021 I did not ask for it (I was going to ask to pay the difference to make it "like new") and he said it "on Mickey" and I did not have to pay anything.

Update on my renewal certificate. I had an AP that expired December 2019. I renewed but did not ACTIVATE it because my trip for March 202 was canceled. We arrived on 9.26.2020 and went to MK. The cast member treated my renewal voucher as a "new" voucher and now it expires 9.26.2021 I did not ask for it (I was going to ask to pay the difference to make it "like new") and he said it "on Mickey" and I did not have to pay anything.

My situation was similar. Expiring December AP renewed for then planned end of March trip cancelled with closure. Before you were there and talked to them was your AP showing as a renewal with an extended from December expiration date? Or no date at all? Thanks.

Got mine jan 12 used for 7 days. Did the request for refund on July 14. Called yesterday a very nice CM looked and said it was no longer in the “active” file, even though it still shows up in my MDE until June 2021. Hopefully refund will be coming soon.

I’m still confused how renewals get certificates. I have a platinum pass that I renew on line. I have never gotten a certificate that I have to activate. The dates just continue from the previous ones expiration date. Do certain pass types need to be activated? Or does someone get to request a certificate instead of automatic activation? Thanks

Just got my first refund check in the mail this week. I cancelled 5 passes during the same call on July 24 but one of them (a silver AP) was activated a month prior to the other 4 and that was the one we got the check for. I can't find the calculations I did but the check was about what I was anticipating based on the admission days remaining divided by total admission days permitted formula. Hopefully the others with come in the next couple weeks.

I’m still confused how renewals get certificates. I have a platinum pass that I renew on line. I have never gotten a certificate that I have to activate. The dates just continue from the previous ones expiration date. Do certain pass types need to be activated? Or does someone get to request a certificate instead of automatic activation? Thanks
We're DVC and have to activate passes in person (even renewals) to confirm that we are active members. (DVC members buy the passes at a discounted price.). We have to show ID and our DVC membership card. I'd assume Florida residents might need to do that too if they're not on a monthly plan? Usually renewals just continue from the expiration date though, no matter when you activate them. One year we had a February expiration, but it made more sense to just renew at the lower price (than buying a new pass) even though we were activating it in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter