AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We're DVC and have to activate passes in person (even renewals) to confirm that we are active members. (DVC members buy the passes at a discounted price.). We have to show ID and our DVC membership card. I'd assume Florida residents might need to do that too if they're not on a monthly plan? Usually renewals just continue from the expiration date though, no matter when you activate them. One year we had a February expiration, but it made more sense to just renew at the lower price (than buying a new pass) even though we were activating it in April.

I'm glad someone finally answered the question about renewal certificates as it is something that I always wondered. Florida residents can renew online

I am a DVC member and I called to purchase new APs . We have an upcoming trip in the spring. They took my info and said someone would get back within 48 hours. That window passed earlier this afternoon. I wonder if yesterday doesn’t count since it was a holiday.

I’m still confused how renewals get certificates. I have a platinum pass that I renew on line. I have never gotten a certificate that I have to activate. The dates just continue from the previous ones expiration date. Do certain pass types need to be activated? Or does someone get to request a certificate instead of automatic activation? Thanks
I don't know if it matters but I am a DVC owner as of May 2019. We were Platinum AP holders, but when it was time to renew, we renewed to the GOLD AP because we bought into DVC. That is probably why there was only a certificate/voucher on our accounts.

I am by no means an expert on any of this, but I just know my experience ONLY>

My situation was similar. Expiring December AP renewed for then planned end of March trip cancelled with closure. Before you were there and talked to them was your AP showing as a renewal with an extended from December expiration date? Or no date at all? Thanks.
I had no AP only a voucher. We were Platinum AP holders but we renewed to the Gold AP since we became DVC owners in May 2019. Our original Platinum expired in December 2019.

Sorry you missed it. But this has been the case since the parks reopened & the reservation system started. I got this email July 14th. The same email has the option to cancel your pass.

View attachment 531603
Sorta related. We have AP's and a week long reservation in November. We are trying to book DHS. It is showing available for AP but not available for resort guests and the system will not allow us to book. Is this a glitch? Do I need to cancel my other reservations and book this one first? I am a bit confused. But as an AP holder, I should be able to book it, correct?

We're DVC and have to activate passes in person (even renewals) to confirm that we are active members. (DVC members buy the passes at a discounted price.). We have to show ID and our DVC membership card. I'd assume Florida residents might need to do that too if they're not on a monthly plan? Usually renewals just continue from the expiration date though, no matter when you activate them. One year we had a February expiration, but it made more sense to just renew at the lower price (than buying a new pass) even though we were activating it in April.

Thank you! That makes sense now.

I know that this has become more of a refund thread but if you are still an AP and visiting Epcot this net month
Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 14, an Annual Passholder-exclusive pop-up shop will open at Der Teddybar in the Germany pavilion. This limited-time shop will be open Mondays through Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to park close through Nov. 17.

Annual Passholders can shop a selection of new and exclusive logo product, as well as be the first to purchase select new merchandise prior to release to the public.

This location will only be open to Passholder Guests throughout the duration of this exclusive event. Annual Passholders must present their Annual Pass card or MagicBand as well as a valid photo ID to enter the event location.

I did a chat today regarding my refund. It was my first time contacting them, but the chat option came up right away so I thought, why not? I wasn't expecting much.

The chat was wild. They confirmed that my refund was "in the works," but then asked about my original form of payment and how I bought the pass. I said I bought it through Sam's Club and that the original form of payment was still valid.

They then indicated that I should "check with Sam's Club too" and that it'll be returned to my credit card. Of course, I was like ...what? Why would I contact Sam's if Disney is refunding me? Their response? "Just in case they have their own process." Okay, makes no sense, but sure.

There was some additional back and forth about a friend's pass (why do they always give me my friend's account information????? Though, I was texting with my friend at the time, so she was aware I was asking).

Finally, I asked if Disney would be refunding me directly or if they would be refunding Sam's who would then refund me. They said it should come directly from Disney (again, so why do I need to contact Sam's Club???? Also, how do you know what card I used on Sam's website????).

I asked when I should get the refund and they said no promises but they are now being told end of Oct.

Obviously take this all with a huge huge grain of salt because absolutely none of it makes any sense at all, but just wanted to provide the info I was given for those of you waiting on refunds from Sam's purchases.

I did a chat today regarding my refund. It was my first time contacting them, but the chat option came up right away so I thought, why not? I wasn't expecting much.

The chat was wild. They confirmed that my refund was "in the works," but then asked about my original form of payment and how I bought the pass. I said I bought it through Sam's Club and that the original form of payment was still valid.

They then indicated that I should "check with Sam's Club too" and that it'll be returned to my credit card. Of course, I was like ...what? Why would I contact Sam's if Disney is refunding me? Their response? "Just in case they have their own process." Okay, makes no sense, but sure.

There was some additional back and forth about a friend's pass (why do they always give me my friend's account information????? Though, I was texting with my friend at the time, so she was aware I was asking).

Finally, I asked if Disney would be refunding me directly or if they would be refunding Sam's who would then refund me. They said it should come directly from Disney (again, so why do I need to contact Sam's Club???? Also, how do you know what card I used on Sam's website????).

I asked when I should get the refund and they said no promises but they are now being told end of Oct.

Obviously take this all with a huge huge grain of salt because absolutely none of it makes any sense at all, but just wanted to provide the info I was given for those of you waiting on refunds from Sam's purchases.
Thanks for saving me precious life minutes.

Thanks for the info!!! I too am waiting for refund and had purchased from Sam's!
This is just ridiculous that they can't give a straight answer..... and can't seem to get it together in order to refund us!

Has anyone actually gotten the coveted call-back to purchase an annual pass? I reached the 48 hr mark...holding my breath....

I am a DVC member and I called to purchase new APs . We have an upcoming trip in the spring. They took my info and said someone would get back within 48 hours. That window passed earlier this afternoon. I wonder if yesterday doesn’t count since it was a holiday.
Oh I’m on day 15 or so. I call and they say they’re just backed up. I wouldn’t watch the clock lol.

Damn...waiting for a refund from Disney is 100x worse than waiting for a mail in rebate. During a time where we have AI and 5G technology, paper checks has to be on that the list of “Stupidest Things of 2020”

Damn...waiting for a refund from Disney is 100x worse than waiting for a mail in rebate. During a time where we have AI and 5G technology, paper checks has to be on that the list of “Stupidest Things of 2020”
hahahaha....... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Love this comment!!

Yikes, finally decided to call for the first time since I'm still waiting for the refunds after cancelling 2 APs via the form on Aug 5. They have no idea what is going on with the refund and basically can't tell me anything. My problem is I used a combo of gift card and credit card so I don't know how the refund will be applied and they don't either. They said I would probably get a check. My address has changed twice since we bought the pass and I never updated the address on the site until now but they can't tell me if they already tried to mail the refund or when they might send it. So I guess just continue waiting and if it was delivered to the wrong address then wait forever.

I was astonished with our annual pass refunds. We are out of state, I paid in full for 2 passes ~$1500 with dvc discount, if that's a thing (my wife just tells me where to enter the credit card info). We used the passes for 8 days for spring break before the parks got shut down. I got all of the money minus $40 refunded. We did 8 days of disney during spring break for $40. That number is nice until you factor in an $800 dinner at the restaurant on top of the contemporary, but I digress.

Yikes, finally decided to call for the first time since I'm still waiting for the refunds after cancelling 2 APs via the form on Aug 5. They have no idea what is going on with the refund and basically can't tell me anything. My problem is I used a combo of gift card and credit card so I don't know how the refund will be applied and they don't either. They said I would probably get a check. My address has changed twice since we bought the pass and I never updated the address on the site until now but they can't tell me if they already tried to mail the refund or when they might send it. So I guess just continue waiting and if it was delivered to the wrong address then wait forever.

I used combo to pay as well and am still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter