AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

After 2.5 hours I finally got through to the V.I.Passholder line. Wanted to renew 4 AP's. They extended one of our 4 AP's last week which really screwed me. The other 3 were not extended. I purchased all 4 of them at the same time. None of them are within the 60 day window so they wouldn't allow me to renew any of them. The CM said he was only allowed to put a note on my request saying that I want to renew all 4 AP's outside of the 60 day window. Kept referring me to check the web site for updates to the Annual Passholder renewal policy. He did suggest I change my room only resort reservation to a package with regular length of stay tickets, then upgrade them to AP's during our visit. I asked if they would honor the 15% discount I would have gotten if I was able to just renew the AP's within the renewal window and he did not know. This should not be this difficult. Has anyone been able to renew their AP's outside the 60 day window? I though I read they were allowing this.

Thanks for replying, I figured all of my questions just got lost in the issue of booking park days. I don't understand what you are recommending, though? That I take the refund instead of the extension on the 3 APs and then use the 7 day PHs to upgrade to gold APs/buy new gold APs for everyone?

Yes, although thats just what I would do to keep things simple.

that does make sense, the big unknowns are if they will let the 3 of us who need new passes (2 never had them, 1 expired last fall) to get new APs if they aren't actively selling tickets yet in August.

Right the negative is you have to wait until they reopen sales. The way I read their announcement it sounds like it's reopening on the 28th. You could check with them though.

I also just read about a different issue that I had never heard before. Someone said they were told they aren't going to allow upgrades from tickets to APs anymore!

If that turns out to be true we are just up a creek and out a lot of money with no passes if we keep the August reservation and 7 day PHs I'm not paying for those, and then still having to get gold APs on our next trip anyway.

Wow. I had not heard that. I have converted tickets to passes several times in the past. It's hard to imagine them not doing it anymore, but based on reports they do not seem to have everything together atm. I definitely had two totally different experiences when trying to resolve my last issue (first day was awful, 2 days later everyone I talked to was great and helpful).

I would definitely try to get it all done in one transaction so that you don't end up in a situation where things are worse.

This is getting too complicated and stressful, and this shouldn't be stressful. Plus, when i have talked to someone, no one had answers and/or I got different ones. Sunday I talked to the passholder line and the regular reservations line, and neither CM really knew anything about these issues. I felt like I knew more than them just from my years of planning disney trips. Yesterday I finally talked to IT, I didn't discuss any of this with her but she couldn't help with the park pass issue.

I totally agree. It's very unlike the experience we are used to.

Another idea that might be helpful / time saving. Instead of walking them through the solution, give them a goal, and ask them solve it for you. (e.g. I want APs for my whole family with the same date that allows me to go on this trip. I don't care how you do it, can you make that happen?) That way when they call their support lines they are asking that instead of some particular strategy that they might just get a no for. It will probably be difficult though until they open up ticket sales.

By the way, you mentioned not to worry because we have tickets and can get park passes. well, that's a big NOPE. I SHOULD be able to, but can only get one day no matter what I do. I talked to IT yesterday and they said it's a known issue, today I still can't and chat is not picking up, I'm on hold, and I don't think either of those will matter anyway because they won't be able to do anything about it.

Doh!

If you still have a landline, some of them support *66, which will callback when a busy line is free. Theres also a few auto redialers for android. On iPhones you can repeatedly hit the green dial button with no number on the keypad screen (the timing is ~ 3 button presses when you hear the busy)
You may have just changed my life - did not know any of this!

After 2.5 hours I finally got through to the V.I.Passholder line. Wanted to renew 4 AP's. They extended one of our 4 AP's last week which really screwed me. The other 3 were not extended. I purchased all 4 of them at the same time. None of them are within the 60 day window so they wouldn't allow me to renew any of them. The CM said he was only allowed to put a note on my request saying that I want to renew all 4 AP's outside of the 60 day window. Kept referring me to check the web site for updates to the Annual Passholder renewal policy. He did suggest I change my room only resort reservation to a package with regular length of stay tickets, then upgrade them to AP's during our visit. I asked if they would honor the 15% discount I would have gotten if I was able to just renew the AP's within the renewal window and he did not know. This should not be this difficult. Has anyone been able to renew their AP's outside the 60 day window? I though I read they were allowing this.

This is beyond upsetting. Our 60 day window wouldn't be until August to renew. We have trips booked in november, dec, january that I cant book park days for!! This does not seem fair to people who want to renew but dont have the chance! Please keep me posted with any news. I never once though it would be an issue of "not having valid tickets" bc we have had valid tickets for years bc we keep renewing! I cant believe they are not letting us even have the chance to upgrade early if it will effect our booked vacations! If we cant get the days we want, we will cancel everything including the AP. We have been loyal disney AP, DVC for years and this will really be the end for us.

This should not be this difficult. Has anyone been able to renew their AP's outside the 60 day window? I though I read they were allowing this.

Yes, but at first I got the run around. See my story/post here: here

One thing I forgot to mention. Part of my case was that I had an Aug expiration, so was only 11 days out of the window.

One thing I forgot to mention. Part of my case was that I had an Aug expiration, so was only 11 days out of the window.

They could solve a lot of problems if they just removed this whole 60 day window notion. It was fine before because FastPass was also 60 days, but with their open ended park reservation system they are disadvantaging AP holders vs regular ticket purchasers.

We have a similar issue. After reports of some people getting a renewal voucher, we decided to call and try our luck, yet we can't get through...not even put on hold. We'll keep trying...

One thing I did notice - online, when you go to the AP renewal page, it used to display your AP info and a "renew now button" which on Sunday, just directed you to some random page on the Disney website after you pressed it. Now, when you load the AP renewal page, you get the 7Ds and it says "we're working on it." I'm being OVERLY optimistic that they are trying to override the system an allow for renewals online again, regardless of extension date.

That is true wishful thinking, but hey - all we have is hope at this point.

We are within our original renewal window (July 8 expiration) so I'm hoping a CM will have mercy on us. If only we could get passed the busy signal...

We are within our original renewal window (July 8 expiration) so I'm hoping a CM will have mercy on us. If only we could get passed the busy signal...

You could also try the ticket inquiry line. 407-566-4985 Option 4. In my case I got someone instantly there, then 40 mins for an escalation which solved it for me.

Has anyone had success upgrading their AP right now? I currently have a weekday select, but want gold.

My passes originally expired on Sept. 8, so our 60 day renewal window would be July 8. I have a stay booked for July 14-19. I had planned upgrade prior to our July trip to be able to go to the parks... Currently can't make park passes because my pass it blocked out those dates, but they also won't allow me to upgrade.

I have three trips booked between now and January... I had planned to have upgraded to a gold pass for those trips (as they span over weekends), but now they are saying I have to keep my weekday until the new February expiration date?

Has anyone had success upgrading their AP right now? I currently have a weekday select, but want gold.

My passes originally expired on Sept. 8, so our 60 day renewal window would be July 8. I have a stay booked for July 14-19. I had planned upgrade prior to our July trip to be able to go to the parks... Currently can't make park passes because my pass it blocked out those dates, but they also won't allow me to upgrade.

I have three trips booked between now and January... I had planned to have upgraded to a gold pass for those trips (as they span over weekends), but now they are saying I have to keep my weekday until the new February expiration date?

No idea on the upgrade, but worse case when they reopen sales you should be able to buy a new Gold and get a park close partial refund on your weekday pass.

Last edited:
Is anyone else concerned that they may raise prices once you're allowed to purchase new AP's?

Its such a limited offering I don't see how they could. It'll be a long time before we're back to even getting what we originally were paying for. Increasing prices (imo) would only turn people away.

Its such a limited offering I don't see how they could. It'll be a long time before we're back to even getting what we originally were paying for. Increasing prices (imo) would only turn people away.

That's the point though. I don't think they are looking to service a large number of people.

Is anyone else concerned that they may raise prices once you're allowed to purchase new AP's?

It wouldn't shock me. APs are just a hassle for them right now. If someone really wants to go they purchase regular tickets.

At a minimum I would expect a price increase after September. Any ticket that gets you past that September 2021 date is going to cost more.

That's the point though. I don't think they are looking to service a large number of people.

I'm not so sure they will raise tickets or APs that much since any sort of modest increase would not make up for the loss in revenue from lost capacity. If you are losing money, might as well prioritize other factors: Keep customers happy, learn how to operate successfully in this new environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter