AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I just sent an email to the AP dept about my request to have our AP frozen, or paused, so we can retain our approx 9 month time that's left on our AP, and then allow us to pick the time when we would like the AP to be active again.

I would suggest that others also pass along this message to Disney. Give us a third option. Choices: Extension, Refund, or a temporary Freeze/Pause. I honestly think that if that 3rd option was put in there, then there would be very few people that would choose the refund.

It can't hurt to have our voice heard.

Now for an email for Guest Relations/Customer Service. I'm having trouble finding one. Does anyone have their email?

Thanks!

I just sent an email to the AP dept about my request to have our AP frozen, or paused, so we can retain our approx 9 month time that's left on our AP, and then allow us to pick the time when we would like the AP to be active again.

I would suggest that others also pass along this message to Disney. Give us a third option. Choices: Extension, Refund, or a temporary Freeze/Pause. I honestly think that if that 3rd option was put in there, then there would be very few people that would choose the refund.

It can't hurt to have our voice heard.

Now for an email for Guest Relations/Customer Service. I'm having trouble finding one. Does anyone have their email?

Thanks!
guest.services@disneyworld.com

I emailed guest services requesting a 'freeze'. I live in NY which means I would need to quarantine for two weeks once I get there, and two more weeks after I get back.. making a trip to Disney pretty much impossible until the restrictions are lifted. I don't want to cancel my pass, but without a FREEZE option, I don't have a choice.

As much as this might annoy many locals (vloggers especially), I think a policy of freezing EVERYONEs pass, and issuing day tickets only might help Disney keep crowds down and be fair to all across the board.. I know something like this might be met with opposition though....
It would also might make things a little less confusing if they need to shut down again due to rising FL cases..

I just emailed and said that WDW AP holders should get the same treatment as those in Shanghai.

Does anyone know if online petitions get anyone's attention at Disney? This could be a good issue. Something like: "Treat Disney World Annual Passholders the same as Shanghai Disney Annual Passholders."

So after trying all day to get a hold of someone in the Ticketing department to see if there is any way we can renew our passes early since technically our 60 day window (from our current 9/5 expiration) is 7/7 so less than 2 weeks away. I finally got someone and the wait was practically zero when it finally rang through. She was super helpful and was able to get us the 3 passes. Granted we are going from a monthly payment to full payment but I'm ok with that because I'm now realizing what a hassle the monthly payment plan ended up being for us in the end. I was able to take the confirmation number and link the 3 passes and then had to assign two of the passes out to my husband and son. I was then able to make reservations for beyond 9/5 for the rest of our September trip, November trip, and January trip. Only took $1600+ to get around that limitation.

Don't feel bad. I shelled out full payment for 2 Platinum APs on Friday so that I could make park reservations for my husband and son in November 2020 and July 2021. They already have 10 flex-date park hoppers. Oh well. Most of the trip was already paid for.

For those of us fully paid Silver APers whose passes expired during the shutdown, we have another issue. My pass expired mid-May, so I lost about 8 weeks of my passholder year due to the shutdown. WDW added back those 8 weeks starting July 11, and gave me a new renewal date on September 7. However, since I am a Silver Passholder, I'm blocked out until August 7, which means I only got 4 weeks back compared to the 8 weeks I lost.

I called last week asking for the full 8 weeks of available park time. The 3 CMs I spoke with (over the course of 2 1/2 hours) were all sympathetic, but said there was nothing they could do - that the extensions were the extensions.

Has anyone gotten any help with this situation? It would affect anyone whose Silver AP expired during the shutdown and is blocked for the summer.

Has anyone effectively received a refund? Is it a gift card equivalent or cash?

I have a full paid AP but getting through phone line has been impossible...

It would be nice to have the freeze option..

Has anyone effectively received a refund? Is it a gift card equivalent or cash?

I have a full paid AP but getting through phone line has been impossible...

It would be nice to have the freeze option..
I have called and was told my refund request had to be “escalated” and I’d get a return call “Soon”. Days went by and I followed up with an email. I received a reply email telling me it had to be “escalated” and I’d hear from them “soon”....
I have not read of anyone fully paid getting there money back yet.... I am an out of state Platinum AP holder. We have 3 total so it’s a good chunk of money I’m requesting back.

I have called and was told my refund request had to be “escalated” and I’d get a return call “Soon”. Days went by and I followed up with an email. I received a reply email telling me it had to be “escalated” and I’d hear from them “soon”....
I have not read of anyone fully paid getting there money back yet.... I am an out of state Platinum AP holder. We have 3 total so it’s a good chunk of money I’m requesting back.
This is exactly my experience thus far as well...

Decided not to return to Disney at this point do want to cancel my AP. Have been trying at all different times including right at 7:00 am to call 407-939-7277. Constant busy signal. Do I just keep trying? Mine is a premium, fully paid.

thanks!

Decided not to return to Disney at this point do want to cancel my AP. Have been trying at all different times including right at 7:00 am to call 407-939-7277. Constant busy signal. Do I just keep trying? Mine is a premium, fully paid.

thanks!
That's the only way to get through. Or you can email them. They would probably get back to you within a week
The site says they'll have more info in July
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

As much as this might annoy many locals (vloggers especially), I think a policy of freezing EVERYONEs pass, and issuing day tickets only might help Disney keep crowds down and be fair to all across the board.. I know something like this might be met with opposition though....
It would also might make things a little less confusing if they need to shut down again due to rising FL cases..
Not a vlogger, just a local... yes, that would not work for me.

I only pay around $350 for my annual pass and go about 24 times a year. I've never paid $100+ for a day ticket, and I definitely wouldn't pay that for it during this partial opening with no fireworks, parades, etc.

One solution for all is not going to improve things.
However, I do see the benefit of freezing passes for others, and would support than adding that option for those who are interested.

are the days filling up. I am an AP but only me. I have separate tickets for the family and since we have owned a timeshare before we had kids we do not stay on Disney property. just curious to see that when it gets to them on Sunday if it will be a waste of time.
Same question!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter