AP Price Increase?

Is it October 4 ? Finally got the Passholder website to load and saw this:

New Pass Options Are Now Available
We have introduced a new set of annual passes, designed to offer a wider variety of options and entitlements to better fit your needs. Some passes now even include Disney PhotoPass downloads—so your whole family can get in the picture.

Passes Purchased Before October 4, 2015
If you purchased a pass before October 4, 2015, your current pass has not changed and your existing Passholder benefits will remain valid through your pass expiration date. Please continue to enjoy your pass as you always have.

When it is time to renew your Passholder status, you may be asked to select one of our great new passes.

That's last years date....

I got my Target cards yesterday and was going to order my Annual Passes for our December trip yesterday but did not get a chance. Looks like I lucked out waiting until tomorrow, barring any price increase tonight ! Also saw the list of restaurants giving the 20% discount - makes the TIW card very hard to justify going forward and this may be the beginning of phasing it out completely...

So forgive me if we've already talked about this here, but I'm on a couple of threads that are discussing the new AP options....

Renewals. I can't find anything SPECIFICALLY stating we still get the 13 months, and other benefits. Looking at the website, it seems to talk about new purchases....point me in the right directions, please.

So forgive me if we've already talked about this here, but I'm on a couple of threads that are discussing the new AP options....

Renewals. I can't find anything SPECIFICALLY stating we still get the 13 months, and other benefits. Looking at the website, it seems to talk about new purchases....point me in the right directions, please.
The Sentinel reports it is for new purchases and renewals.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...nual-passholders-benefits-20160930-story.html

Capture+_2016-10-01-13-52-17.png

I pre-purchased APs last week - I hope I don't get screwed on this...

...I hope you got dinner out of it ;)

I see this around here all the
Time:
Never...EVER...preemptively buy passes. Don't pay them early to save a small percentage...take your chances and keep your money they don't deserve

Last edited:
It will be interesting what the prices are...

But from the rumors here it looks like that the outkicked their coverage last year with the new tact.

That would indicate two things to my tired eyes:

1. Purchases of APs dropped significantly...which was NEVER the plan. The goal was to float the balloon and see if they could sell the same or more at a much higher rate.

2. Advanced bookings don't look good...which is exactly what the whole picture has looked like for awhile now. That's the only time they give a crap
About APs...frankly.

It will be interesting what the prices are...

But from the rumors here it looks like that the outkicked their coverage last year with the new tact.

That would indicate two things to my tired eyes:

1. Purchases of APs dropped significantly...which was NEVER the plan. The goal was to float the balloon and see if they could sell the same or more at a much higher rate.

2. Advanced bookings don't look good...which is exactly what the whole picture has looked like for awhile now. That's the only time they give a crap
About APs...frankly.

I agree - my guess is they lost a significant # of AP holders. This is nothing to do with "45th anniversary special" but instead "Oh-uh, we've finally outpriced our customer base." Since they don't dare LOWER the AP prices, or eliminate the tiers, they thought they would drive people to APs some other way.

There's also a pretty likely chance that this is going to also allow them to get rid of the TIW card. A financial loss of sorts - but if it sells more passes at $750 a pop then they are better off for it.

Actually pre-buying the pass only lost me out on the extra month I won't be able to use anyways. Still suspect there will be at least one price increase between now and when I use them in November 2017. (From what I can tell, the only thing lost out on buying early is that extra month - the 20% discounts are good anyways.)

Yep, I saw that, I just didn't see anything on the official Disney Annual Pass page...maybe they will update it tomorrow.

Actually pre-buying the pass only lost me out on the extra month I won't be able to use anyways. Still suspect there will be at least one price increase between now and when I use them in November 2017. (From what I can tell, the only thing lost out on buying early is that extra month - the 20% discounts are good anyways.)
Hmm, well I'm a little upset about the extra month, hoping they will give me the date from when we activate not when it was purchased two weeks ago but probably not that lucky.
But the thing I definitely am hoping we don't lose out in is the 20% discounts on shopping! How do you know we'd get the discounts for that? Hoping you are right!

The 20% at restaurants would be good but we were planning on getting tiw and most of our adrs are not on the list like Tutto Italia one of our faves, 50's prime time, homecoming at DS, and others. Unless I missed them, I'll have to look again. Plus drinks so tiw over at least three trips is probably best anyway.

Yeah, that 20-percent restaurant list is a joke. I'm not eating at Electric Umbrella, ESPN Grill AT WWoS, or any of the places at the water parks, as well as some of the QS options at hotels. The only insight I can glean from that list is restaurants that obviously need boosts in attendance OR are tough sells to the mainstream without a discount (I'm looking at you, Skipper's Canteen and Tiffins - even though both are GREAT in my opinion).

I have a Platinum Plus pass (on the Florida Resident plan) as well as Tables in Wonderland. I'm glad I waited to see what would happen before I renewed my pass (Anniversary date Oct. 19) because I didn't want to pay twice in one month.

I think I'll hold out until Oct. 19 and then drop my pass down to a Platinum Pass and ditch TIW in favor of the $319 membership they're offering for all four Disney golf courses. I know it's not for everybody, but I'll get more value out of free driving range and greens fees when I play golf every day than I would with a 20-percent off dining/booze discount.

Yep, I saw that, I just didn't see anything on the official Disney Annual Pass page...maybe they will update it tomorrow.

I can confirm it's on renewals too. I can see one of my friends is up for renewal this month and it states it would be a 13 month pass. Also can change levels and still receive the extra month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter