AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

You can't reasonably just compare how many days or trips you'd have to make with an AP in order to save money over buying tickets. There are many other discounts you get with an AP. Dining, resorts, memory maker etc. If you factor it all in, even with a single trip, longer stay, it makes sense over a regular ticket. If you're off site, don't use memory maker, don't do a lot of dining or special events- and AP has always been hard to justify. AP's are intended for those who make multiple trips in a year. I think Disney is seeing just how much money people like me are saving (literally, thousands of dollars in a year) and are closing that gap a little. I can't blame them.
Not one single person is saving "thousands of dollars a year" having an AP. :rolleyes: No matter how the Disney apologists try to spin it, AP discounts are not that great.

They will push it as far as they can and see if the market can withstand it. I renew every December, we will see when the time comes. Does anyone know the renewal prices? Thx
What's the percentage discount for the renewal rate, does anyone remember?

And I just found it -- roughly 15%, for anyone who's wondering. 15% off the new rates, I assume it's still a thing?
Are the renewal prices listed anywhere?

My Platinum AP is available for renewal and the price is $1012.82 ($951+tax). We're out of state AP holders who usually go every summer but time the trips so that the second falls at the end of the AP, and this increase will price us out. Unfortunately, that also means no more spur-of-the-moment "hey, there's a cheap flight; let's go to Disney!" trips since those only happened because of the AP.

At least with Disney tickets, you are getting more rides along with the price increase. Probably not worth it to most people, but it's better than what a lot of other corporations are doing. Comcast, for example, keeps raising the cost of my cable package without actually giving me any extra services.
We all have the option of saying no to going to the parks. My wife and I had that conversation just this morning.
DH and I did, too and now I get to decide if I want to do a long weekend in August weeks before GE opens. Right now, I'm leaning towards no.

I don't know. If you're offsite and have an AP you get free parking and dining and merch discounts. Who knows if Disney will continue to have good discounts on resorts? We are considering only getting one AP in the future and staying offsite. Not sure we'll do that now, but that was our plan.

That was my point really. It's not just a matter of comparing the price of an AP to the price of the number of days ticket you would need. There are a lot of other discounts that come into play. If those discounts don't factor in for someone, then it's more difficult to justify an AP. I don't look for much in the way of AP discounts right after SWGE opens, but I think we'll see them again in 2020. Time will tell. I wouldn't buy an AP right now if room discounts were the deciding factor. I never would actually unless the discounts were already out.

We are planning two trips in a calendar year, but not quite enough days to justify AP for all of us. I was going to get an annual pass for one of us anyway for the perks and discounts, but that increase - YIKES! No way it's worth it now.

That was my point really. It's not just a matter of comparing the price of an AP to the price of the number of days ticket you would need. There are a lot of other discounts that come into play. If those discounts don't factor in for someone, then it's more difficult to justify an AP. I don't look for much in the way of AP discounts right after SWGE opens, but I think we'll see them again in 2020. Time will tell. I wouldn't buy an AP right now if room discounts were the deciding factor. I never would actually unless the discounts were already out.

Yep. I saved more renting DVC points for next month and the AP discount was pretty decent. I never bought APs for that reason, though.

I'll be honest, while the price increase hurts, I still plan on renewing next month. We go too often and enjoy the parks too much to not have one.

I was just on the phone yesterday with the pass holder people to discuss our AP upgrade for our trip in August. Now that it'll be $900 more for our family, I don't think it'll be happening. Now I've got to decide if it is worth it for just one of us to get it for the discounts. We have plans to go in January for a long weekend and again in June. Thinking I should go ahead and book those now before daily ticket prices go up again, because we all know they will.

What I'm concerned about is the price of rooms and food (dining plans) going forward. Disney has shown their hand now.
I checked this morning for the same period in March 2020 that we went in 2019 and the hotel cost (Boardwalk) has gone up significantly. Even if I get a 35% AP discount I can no longer do it. Very sad day.

Guest (non-DVC) & Member (DVC Blue Card) Prices for new/renewal:
View attachment 409917
What about gold renewal for FL Resident Gold same as DVC gold?
FWIW paid 550.61 for renewal with tax in November (there was this increase plus one earlier in year since then) just looking to see how much I’ll need barring the normal October increase also happening

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but can out-of-staters buy the gold version of the annual pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter