AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

I still don’t have mine but maybe they are getting overwhelmed with requests?
I think that might be the case, I’ve been on hold for a while now trying to get mine switched from will call to digital. Also still waiting on the second e-mail, hopeful there are no issues!

You can't reasonably just compare how many days or trips you'd have to make with an AP in order to save money over buying tickets. There are many other discounts you get with an AP. Dining, resorts, memory maker etc. If you factor it all in, even with a single trip, longer stay, it makes sense over a regular ticket. If you're off site, don't use memory maker, don't do a lot of dining or special events- and AP has always been hard to justify. AP's are intended for those who make multiple trips in a year. I think Disney is seeing just how much money people like me are saving (literally, thousands of dollars in a year) and are closing that gap a little. I can't blame them.
You have written several posts claiming that you have saved thousands of dollars a year, I just don’t see it. Are you calculating the memory maker value with each trip? Are you calculating what you would have spent on tickets for each individual trip past your first 2?

I too have a platinum pass and have 4 separate week long trips planned with it but I have “saved” around $300 on meals and merchandise. I don’t calculate the mm in because I wouldn’t have purchased it. I don’t calculate the my 3rd or 4th trips tickets because I wouldn’t have gone if I didn’t have the AP.

Okay, I have been bothered by these increases all day. DH and I were going to upgrade our tickets that we have with our September package to annual passes as were are going in February and then possibly next summer. I have done the math and tickets for September and February combined equals less than the pass, so unless the option of great discounts come along with it. I will honestly reconsider a third trip with in the year. What is also painful for us is that we are from Canada the exchange for us equals around $1800 per pass. There is an awful lot we can do with that amount of cash.

Anyone thought of expressing their opinion with Disney? Who would we send and email to??

I think that might be the case, I’ve been on hold for a while now trying to get mine switched from will call to digital. Also still waiting on the second e-mail, hopeful there are no issues!

Ughhhh

Keep me posted!

Could you PM me that work site please?!
You can check with your HR department. I work for a State agency in Fl and right now the tickets are showing old prices plus discount.
Adult tickets

FL Weekday Select: $318.30+tax
FL Select: $437.99+t
Silver: $477.99+t
Gold: $583.99+t
Plat: $718.99+t
Plat Plus: $813.99+t

I see this as a crowd control method, not financial. Yes they'll make more money, and yes costs keep increasing for the mouse, but the theme parks make a very healthy return on revenue. They didn't need the increased revenue from this. This to me seems like nothing but trying to control the crowds IMO.
It won't control the crowds. 52M people visit each year. Many save up for years. Some come every year, some come every other yr. Increasing prices just makes folks rethink the timing, so instead of each year, or twice a yr, they do once a yr or every other yr. But then next yr, there will be more than enough people coming that yr, that will opt to do the same... so they just stagger their vacations a bit farther, but ultimately, it won't cause too much of a dip as each year you will have people saving for years, or have new children, etc and want to come.

You might get 1or 2 M less a yr, but that is staggered all year long.

Sure looks that way. You need at least two trips if you're a FL resident and get the Gold but at least 3 trips if you're not a FL resident (and have to get the Platinum AP) in order for you to "break even".
.....I'm not sure I see a benefit in purchasing an AP anymore.

Find a Castmember and befriend then to get you in!

but I remember complaining when my annuals (seasonal one) went up to the $300 range. I opted to drop them then, and I just get my CM friends to get me in know, without abusing them too much. :D

Some come every year, some come every other yr. Increasing prices just makes folks rethink the timing, so instead of each year, or twice a yr, they do once a yr or every other yr.

That is crowd control....

Instead of 1 person visiting 6 times over 6 years they visit 3 times over 6 years. Meaning less people in the park.

Do you happen to know how long it takes for 2020 hoppers to be available? I'm afraid Disney is going to increase those prices and I want to buy! :)

No clue but possibly ask in the ticket thread that is on this board. There likely is someone in there that knows.

The metal detectors will be modified to also perform a Wallet Weigh In
They clearly are valuing their more endowed customers and not trying to hide it:
- Ticket price increases
- Paid after hours events
- Paid fast passes at 90 days for very expensive club level rooms

Seems like they are modeling after the Apple approach to things. Sell less but at a higher price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter