AP qustion, help!

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm getting confused by the AP info on Disneyland.com.
Our family is moving to California in MAy, so the #1 priority is obviously to get an AP to Disney.
The southern CA AP is half the price of the regular, but looking at the calendar, it looks like you can never go on a Saturday, so if we wanted to go with DH, are we going to have to pay? It doesn't make alot of sense, or seem worth the savings.
TIA, if anyone has ran into the same problem!

You pay an additional $20 or $25 for a blackout day. The So Cal AP offers a chance for locals who stay away on the weekends to enjoy the park.

I have the premium, which includes parking & discounts. My dd has the premium because she goes a lot with her best friend. My ds has the deluxe because he's not a Disney nut like my dd & me, and just likes to go occasionally. He just schedules his visits around the blackout dates.

The So Cal AP wouldn't work for us because we live about 25 mins away by fwy, more with heavy traffic, and rarely go during the week.

Yea, reason the SoCal is so cheap is that it covers so few days...you can then buy the extra days, but I would think that would add up pretty quick.

FYI...we live over 1000 miles away from DL and when we bought our APs they tried to first sell us the SoCal at the ticket window...so obviously it has nothing to do w/your location.

The So Cal works for me because I usually go alone with my kids. DH does not care for DL at all. We go on the weekdays because I work part time on the weekends. I live 25 mins away too and carpool lane makes the drive more tolerable.

Yeah! My 600th post!

Blackout dates were a real turn-off for me. I bought the Deluxe because I hate going on the weekends so blackout Saturdays were no prob. The Premium was overkill for the 2-3 times a year that we go.

There are 2 socal APs both are blocked out Saturdays. the Select is also blocked out sundays, whereas the regular SoCal passport is not blocked out sundays. So if your husband can go on Sundays, I would assume the SoCal passport would be a better deal, and you would be saving $60 over the SoCal one.

Donna

We were just at DL/DCA and the block out ticket is now $30 :earseek: If you start with a SoCa pass and then find that you want to go in on a Saturday, you can upgrade to a Deluxe and then get in on that Saturday even if it is a blockout day for the Deluxe. In the past, we have found that this works out well for us...either upgrade on a blockout day or wait and renew our expired pass on a blockout day and then we get access to both park even though it is blocked out to passholders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter