AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made peace with the lack of APs but it has changed what/how we are doing DVC. Instead of going to the parks we are swimming and playing board games. We are going to the community centers for those activities.

We did Universal APs last year but my kids are not thrill ride enthusiasts. We'll go back again once the littles are old enough to ride everything and be in love with Potter. I did one day at Discovery Cove and would do that again in a heartbeat. I don't think they do APs or that might be trouble for me. My kids might kill to go back to Legoland. We did that the first half of our March trip. I enjoyed the lack of lines and the ease of it but I don't see it being on my kids' radar after they get a little older.

We have 9 Gold AP vouchers stockpiled. I can't decide if I want to use them for a 2.5 week trip next April before their value is further eroded (by being forced to exchange them for whatever program is on offer) or hold on to them until we have time for a longer trip. What would you do?

My DFIL once to my DH that you don't lose anything unless you cash in your investment. Of course, there are exceptions to that like if a stock totally tanks but I think there is wisdom in what he was saying. Stocks go up and down and hopefully up again.
Sounds like a corollary to the adage that your home is worth only what you actually sell it for.

Yes indeed. I am sure that is part of it. Although I think it is a bit more substantiated than just rumor or pure unfounded speculation. Disney did completely shut off Magic Keys and their renewal language was pulled. We do have two reports re character passes that renewal is up in the air at least. But I understand how you meant it.

One of our earlier reporters said the CM told her she would not be able to renew a Pixie a year from now, but that was all she, the CM, was allowed to say right now. (I know, I had to go back and find the post to refresh my memory on exactly how she said it. It is getting hard to remember all the bits of data and exactly what was said.)

Another factor is people do not always ask all the questions in the right way to pinpoint the issue. Or they paraphrase what the CM said. I have thought of trying to call and ask myself, but first they verify me and what pass I have so I cannot really get to all the questions because my pass is not there yet.
I guess I do see CMs who state something as still a rumor.

In my case with Chat, I asked specially for my DDs boyfriend who has the Sorcerer pass and did mention I am hearing of a new program and those won’t renew. Chat just said yes, inside 60 days, he would. So again, any change is not yet being shared widely inside the company.

We have 9 Gold AP vouchers stockpiled. I can't decide if I want to use them for a 2.5 week trip next April before their value is further eroded (by being forced to exchange them for whatever program is on offer) or hold on to them until we have time for a longer trip. What would you do?

If it were me, I’d be using them. Any changes to current program should be known by then.

I did one day at Discovery Cove and would do that again in a heartbeat. I don't think they do APs or that might be trouble for me.
haven’t seen a DC AP offered. They do have the non dolphin swim passes

However, plenty of sales, including “blue friday” that pops up before traditional Black Friday. The deals have been declined in scope recently. We switched over to ‘fun cards’ last year during the sale, very reasonably priced.

Only thing there that really needs improvement is entering their parking lot, at times in the AM we’ve waited over 30 minutes In line Due to staffing issues.

if you do buy a SW AP, there are discounts On DC. also, very generous ones for active military on single day tix.

at times, for those of us not retired or active, they offer complimentary tix (SW, BG) that can even be used even during the upcoming 4th of July blackout dates

i do enjoy visiting SW to escape, if only for a half day lol
In my case with Chat, I asked specially for my DDs boyfriend who has the Sorcerer pass and did mention I am hearing of a new program and those won’t renew. Chat just said yes, inside 60 days, he would. So again, any change is not yet being shared widely inside the company
that is encouraging to hear some sort of program should be in place, thanks for sharing!

our next AP would be up for renewal mid April. Curious to see what will be offered.

nice to know that community members here, going before us, will share what they experience.

In December 2021, I was told by a CM at Guest Services that she wasn’t sure how long they would be allowed to convert the metals to characters.

We were going in to activate our platinum passes which turned into incredi-pass plus MM. She noticed we had more platinum vouchers linked and said that while they can convert them now, she did not know how long they would be able to do so. After that, the value you paid for the voucher would be applied to a new purchase, instead of a straight up one to one conversion.

Oddly she entered our unused platinum (now incredi-pass) vouchers into the system with a 2099 expiry date. But a few minutes after, the system showed an expiry date of Dec 13, 2022. Basically as if we had just bought it and had a year to use it. I was verbally assured by a separate CM that even after expiry I’d be able to use it no problem and wouldn’t have to pay extra for a new incredi-pass, or whatever it is known as at that time.

I called the AP line in May and they were able to “update” our vouchers in the system and now they expire May 25, 2023. Again, just as if I bought it and had one year to use it.

I do not know what any of this means. But to answer your question - I would see what happens closer to the April date. Maybe you book another trip. Or Disney announces what the program looks like and how previous vouchers would be treated as part of the program.

Doesn’t an unactivated annual pass lose the option to just activate it a year from purchase? After that you can only use them for credit towards a new pass or ticket?

Prior to the AP sales starting last September, the vouchers had very long expiration dates. My DD has a Gold renewal voucher we got just before the change that she has still not yet activated...was supposed to go a few times and work got in the way...and it expires in 2099. The goal is to get down there in Aug/early September, with her BF to get it done. Of course, it will then expire in October (her old AP expired Oct 2021), but at least she will have one and will renew at the same time...unless she gets some pixie dust and they give her a start date of the trip (they noted in her file she has been delayed and that if she didn't get there in time, they would honor it as a new AP, even if sales were suspended...as I tried to activate in May for her and they could not...don't expect the note to hold water...but it is there).

However, the new certificates...like my Sorcerer Renewal...does indeed expire 1 year after it was purchased...if I don't activate it by then...it will only be worth its value. But, those who have gold renewal or new Gold vouchers, have years to use them up.

I renewed my Incredi-Pass on May 31st, the first day it was up for renewal. Did I just make it in time? Or does this not count in what the discussion here is. I'm out of state.

Miffy, did you have a metals pass and at your normal renewal time, you renewed to to an Incredi-pass?
There might be rare Incredi-passes out there that were purchased based on converted tickets, in which case they would be backdated to the ticket date. In such a case, they will use the old metals pass renewal rules.
@Ms Bibbidi: I had to dig into my emails to find out the answer to this, which is:

On May 31, 2021, I renewed my Platinum Pass. The confirmation email for the payment calls it "Platinum Pass Renewal."

On May 31, 2022, I renewed my previous AP, which I'm assuming was still being called a Platinum Pass. My renewal email says "Disney Incredi-Pass" (the word "renewal" is not in the headline) so I guess that's what it turned into. I still got some kind of a discount. The renewal price was $1,175.76, which, btw, was what a CM had told me it would be when I was at WDW in March and was taking care of something else. I'm pretty sure this is 15% off what the regular selling price would be if they were selling them.

When I activated my Gold renewal certificate in September last year, it became the Sorcerer Pass as expected and my annual pass still expires on 7/31. On May 31st (60 days from expiration) I was able to purchase a renewal for that same Sorcerer Pass. If they have stopped allowing renewals of that pass, then it wasn't affecting my purchase on that date.

The new rule is no early renewals. Pretty ironclad.

But more important than that, there may be no renewals at all of any of the 4 tiers of the character passes.

I suspect you just asked about an early renewal and did not ask the follow-up question of whether Sorcerer passes would be allowed to renew in the normal 60-day window. That is a different question. The next question after that is will the Sorcerer pass still be available then. In other words can you renew into a Sorcerer. Yet another different question.

Most people following this thread are waiting until July 9th to see if Disney comes out with a new annual pass program. If I were in your shoes with a trip planned for October 16th, three days after your current Sorcerer expires, I would get back on the phone, call the passholder line and ask all of then I questions. Otherwise you will get there thinking you have 30 days after the current Sorcerer expires to just renew into another Sorcerer, but what if you cannot?

Come back and tell us what they say please.
When I called the other day and spoke to a CM at the AP line I was told that I would be able to renew on Aug 13th at my 60 ay window..so I'm assuming they aren't giving out false information???

But perhaps I should call back and get a 2nd opinion??!!

:confused3 :crazy2:

When I called the other day and spoke to a CM at the AP line I was told that I would be able to renew on Aug 13th at my 60 ay window..so I'm assuming they aren't giving out false information???

But perhaps I should call back and get a 2nd opinion??!!

:confused3 :crazy2:
I'd just wait. If they change the program before your 60 day window opens, then you'll be able to find out what your options are. Until Disney announces something, it's all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter