Apple Scooter disaster!!

I had issues with Apple several years ago and came accross Walker Mobility. I have used Walker for years now and NEVER had an issue with their sccoters (we rent 2 at a time for me and my wife) and customer service is fantastic! After reading this thread concerning Apple I highly recommend Walker, although not on Disney's "preferred vendor" list (big mistake on Disney's part) I will continue with Walker for all my future scooter needs.
Next trip 5 weeks and counting...

I guess all companies have some bad ECVs. We used to use Walkers a couple times a year for my mom's ECV, but then one trip got a bad ECV that had a bad battery that just wouldn't hold a charge. It would run out of power after just a couple of hours in the parks. Now Walker's did come out and replace it promptly, so I would have no problem recommended them either. However, the last few years we have been using Apple Scooters and have never had a problem with them. Their prices are cheaper and my mom says she likes their scooters better. In fact, we have a reservation for their Go Go Elite for our upcoming Dec trip.

... I have used Walker for years now and NEVER had an issue with their sccoters (we rent 2 at a time for me and my wife) and customer service is fantastic! After reading this thread concerning Apple I highly recommend Walker, although not on Disney's "preferred vendor" list (big mistake on Disney's part) I will continue with Walker for all my future scooter needs. ...

After reading about Apple on this board over the last few years, I would not rent from them either. I am NOT a fan of Disney's preferred vendor policy at all. I feel they are trying to dictate to guests from whom they should rent a scooter. I am sticking with Walker!

It's been 4 days since the last phone call to apple. Still no follow through on their part! So far they have not refunded a cent! Their customer service is inexcusable.

They refunded $53. The original manager I spoke with said they would credit 2 days (that was after the second scooter broke...not the third). Not sure where they got that number from!! I'm still following through with my credit card company.

They refunded $53. The original manager I spoke with said they would credit 2 days (that was after the second scooter broke...not the third). Not sure where they got that number from!! I'm still following through with my credit card company.

I only got a 3day credit after I lost my whole friggin vacation due to a scooter and scooter accessibility

The most expensive per-day rental is $80 for three days. Eighty divided by three is $26.66; he rounded up to $27, times two days is $54.

We should have been refunded the $15 we paid for the sun shade that we had for a day. This whole situation is not right. They are not even at all apologetic.

The most expensive per-day rental is $80 for three days. Eighty divided by three is $26.66; he rounded up to $27, times two days is $54.

we rented the cheapest one for 10 days and it was 193 dollars and it ruined my entire trip

we rented the cheapest one for 10 days and it was 193 dollars and it ruined my entire trip

In a previous post you mentioned that it took up one day at EPCOT - how did that reflect to 'ruin your entire trip'? :confused3

In a previous post you mentioned that it took up one day at EPCOT - how did that reflect to 'ruin your entire trip'? :confused3

When the scooter malfunctioned and I felt myself slipping backwards my natural reaction was to jam my feet on the ground to stop myself. Well that jam flared my post op knee even more becasue i was nursing it from the first scooter accident within 5 minutes of arrival which wasnt the scooters fault but kinda could be because they have no warnings to warn you on certain potential hazards around the resort, I was in severe pain this whole trip. Missed the dessert party with no refund because by the night my pain was to bad to travel to parks. Missed all my fast pass plus for illuminations and the parade, we didnt even go to Hollywood studios had to waste that ticket to , because I spent alot of time heat ice and stimming in the bed. Thank God for the river roost I scooted there and at least they had great appetizers. I have been home 4 days and had to start physical therapy because im still not walking .......Maybe now you aren't so confused..... why you even care to question me on that comment is unusual to me anyways.. Peace

Schmeck-I agree, your trip WAS ruined. Their faulty machine caused you to injure yourself. You then could not tour due to pain. That means your trip was ruined.

My credit card company agrees 100% that our entire rental should be refunded. They called Apple with me connected on the phone. The guy was rude and dug himself a bigger hole. He couldn't even do simple math or answer where they got numbers from. So obnoxious. Its now being sent to a higher up at the credit card company.

Schmeck-I agree, your trip WAS ruined. Their faulty machine caused you to injure yourself. You then could not tour due to pain. That means your trip was ruined.

My credit card company agrees 100% that our entire rental should be refunded. They called Apple with me connected on the phone. The guy was rude and dug himself a bigger hole. He couldn't even do simple math or answer where they got numbers from. So obnoxious. Its now being sent to a higher up at the credit card company.

Apple billed me the day I got the scooter not at return so they got their money from cc company .. It was my trip that was ruined not schmecks ?. I should try to fight to get. Refund but I'm in so much stress no with my knees I can't concentrate

Oooh.. I am really nervous about this now. I booked Apple because so many people here spoke highly of them, but now I'm hearing bad news. We're going to be at WDW in less than 2 weeks.

:eek:

I'm thinking of switching to Buena Vista...

Oooh.. I am really nervous about this now. I booked Apple because so many people here spoke highly of them, but now I'm hearing bad news. We're going to be at WDW in less than 2 weeks. :eek: I'm thinking of switching to Buena Vista...
There is no way of knowing from any rental company all of them rent a lot of scooters so once in a while there will be a problem keep in mind Apple has hundreds of scooters and only a few complaints.

Oooh.. I am really nervous about this now. I booked Apple because so many people here spoke highly of them, but now I'm hearing bad news. We're going to be at WDW in less than 2 weeks.

:eek:

I'm thinking of switching to Buena Vista...

We've been using Apple Scooter for several years now and have never had a problem. Everyone we have dealt with has been very nice and the ECVs we have received have been in good condition. We used them for my mom's ECV this past May and currently have one reserved for our Dec 6th-16th trip, and will be using them again in early April. I have no concerns about them whatsoever. Every ECV company can have a bad ECV. In fact, we used to use Walker's Mobility all the time, until we had a bad experience with them. I've also read about bad experiences with Buena Vista, Randy's and Care on here over the years. Again we'll be getting an ECV from Apple in just eleven more days and are not the least concerned. Due to our past experience with them, we'd highly recommend them, despite the couple of bad reports that have been showing up on the DIS in the last week or two. I'm not saying those two people didn't have a problem with them, but when you consider the vast number of ECVs any company rents out, two bad reports would not be that unusual.

This makes me wonder. In October, I had a scooter from Apple that began to fail within the first hour of use. They did meet me back at the BCV within 2 hours of my call to them. I was told they definitely would take that battery out of commission. Now I wonder if it was just recharged and given to some other customers. Why would a company do that? I have another scooter booked with them for December. I think I may try a different company.

Most people who have problems with their scooters (no matter what company) will call and report that there is an issue, but some will not especially if it is only minor to them. If they turn in the scooter and don't report the issue, then how is the company who rented it supposed to know? They think it is fine and re-rent it. Then the next person gets the faulty scooter and the company gets a black eye for renting a faulty scooter.

I know this happens, because we inadvertently did it once with an Apple scooter. We had a scooter that would stop and start beeping. I had this issue once before with my own personal scooter and knew to just shut it off and turn it back on and it would be fine for a while. Since it didn't happen frequently, we didn't think much about it and returned it at the end of our stay and didn't report it. After we were home for some time I realized that we should have reported it so no one else got that scooter before it was repaired.

I think this is something that happens with the batteries too. People start having issues with the charge of the battery, but never report it and the rental company thinks there is nothing wrong and re-rents it only to be yelled at by the next person who gets it for renting a faulty piece of equipment (I believe most are kind and don't yell, but we all know that there are people who do).

Some of the blame for faulty equipment falls on our shoulders too. We need to report even minor issues to the companies so they are aware. They can't fix what they don't know is broken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter