April 2017

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
For a few years now I'm trying to get to Tokyo to see Disneyland and Disney Sea, but each year something comes up, like this year I'm buying my first apartment... very exciting, but it means no Tokyo this year. Now aiming for 2017: April, the week before Golden Week, as that is a quiet time (according to the internet). But how quiet will it be when Easter is quite late in 2017?

Easter is April 16-17. Which week will be better: April 17-21 or 24-28?

Last edited:
I'm planning a trip for the same time! I'm also hoping to avoid the crowds as they were pretty overwhelming during our visit last year.

I don't think Easter will be too bad. I'm not sure it is celebrated to any great extent in Japan and although the Easter decorations would attract visitors, the decorations normally go up weeks (if not months) in advance of the actual holiday, so anyone who wants to see them should have already been to the parks.

All that typed, I'll be closely following this thread to read other people's thoughts and suggestions for the best dates in April 2017!

Just like Agent 86 said, they don't celebrate Easter in Japan. You might see normal stores selling egg shaped candies, but nothing like Europe and North America where many travel around to see family or take a vacation. Schools and business year starts on April in Japan. They are so busy that no one takes extra days off to visit anywhere before the Golden Week (GW). Cherry blossoms will be over by then but the weather should be mild and great time to visit Japan. If I have a choice, I'll chose April 17-21 since GW usually starts on 29th.

For a few years now I'm trying to get to Tokyo to see Disneyland and Disney Sea, but each year something comes up, like this year I'm buying my first apartment... very exciting, but it means no Tokyo this year. Now aiming for 2017: April, the week before Golden Week, as that is a quiet time (according to the internet). But how quiet will it be when Easter is quite late in 2017?

Easter is April 16-17. Which week will be better: April 17-21 or 24-28?
Congrats on apartment .April loveley time to go you will love it lots of time to plan very exciting .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter