APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

Yesterday I had planned to get the knee high grass in the backyard weed-wacked down and was thinking I'd rake it up today, but I got the whacking, the raking and a bunch of pruning done. I'm quite pleased with myself and I'm not so sore that I can't move today. Which is good because I do need to pick up all the things I clipped.

Other than that, after I sign off midday I'll head down to the mall to get some face stuff. Then I need to load up the car with the canopy my Sister wants to borrow and the donation stuff I'm going to drop off at the pet rescue place in her town, where both of the Girls came from.

And then tomorrow... road trip! I think I'll catch the 7:50am ferry and I should be at her place by 11-ish. Funny thing is both my Niece (her daughter) and I have to leave around 5pm which is right after the party actually starts but she knew it would be that way when she made the plans and we'll have the day to visit and help her get ready.

Weather today should be mostly dry and tomorrow mostly wet, then Sunday will be the best day so more out of doors time for me.

Hi:wave2:
I'm Chris, almost 56. I live with my DP in NC. We have 4 grown children and 4 grands between us. We have 2 :dog2::dog:Daisy and Lola. I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes this past Dec. I've already lowered all my numbers just through lifestyle changes. I walk everyday and try to make healthier choices. Still wanting to get rid of another 50lbs. Slow and steady is my motto. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome!

I'm Chris, almost 56. I live with my DP in NC. We have 4 grown children and 4 grands between us. We have 2 :dog2::dog:Daisy and Lola. I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes this past Dec. I've already lowered all my numbers just through lifestyle changes. I walk everyday and try to make healthier choices. Still wanting to get rid of another 50lbs. Slow and steady is my motto. Nice to meet you all.
:welcome:

Nice to have you in the group!

Welcome!!! Nice to meet you!!!

DB1229FD-DAA7-4AB4-A40D-65524A51A76E.jpeg

Happy Saturday to all my DIS friends!

I hope the weekend has started off on a positive note for everyone!!

Since this seems to be the endless winter for many of us I thought we could discuss summer plans!

Who has something planned? A wish list? Let’s dream about warm days and share what we are looking forward to!!

We leave June 1st for the longest vacation I believe we have ever taken- June 1st to June 10th. We are staying in Airbnb in Mount Dora area first. The house is on a lake and the hosts have canoes and fishing rods for guests! We will do at least one day at Epcot and see how DD does and then plan the rest of our days from there. After 6 nights there we move to Sebastian Florida. We have a beach house there for 3 nights! Excited to stay in 2 new places and experience new things!

We will meet our family at OC Maryland for 3 nights in late July. It’s a tradition for DHs family to vacation there each summer. We join them a few days every year so the kids can make memories together, they really have a great time.

Can’t wait to hear about everyone’s else’s plans and dreams for this summer!!☀️🍉🕶🏝

I know on the top of everyone’s list is WARM WEATHER!!! 😎

So far no really big plans for summer. I do have a room booked at the Washington coast around my birthday in early June. After I booked it I realized that isn’t the best time to be off because my project will finally be fully rolled out. But it’s at the hotel I always stay at and I know exactly which rooms I like and I couldn’t find availability at a better time, so I think I might do the work half day thing while I’m there.

Will probably go to my Sister’s for 4th of July, since you can see all the fireworks on the beach from her deck and don’t have to be in the crowd.

I’m thinking about a long weekend in August, but I guess I need to get on that to find a room somewhere.

I’m sitting on the ferry this morning, they were loading when I got to the dock, so drove right on. It is grey and drizzly, as predicted. Still looking forward to the drive tho.

We’re going to Cape Cod for a week in July. DD has her own room, and she has friends coming up for a couple of days during our trip. All of our rooms are directly on the beach just steps away from Cape Cod Bay. It’s the resort that my parents took us every summer during my entire childhood. I’ve been back to the same resort as an adult several times, but not nearly as often as I would have liked due to our Disney addiction. The owners have run it for over 50 years, and this special family are among a handful of people still alive that knew and loved my Mom and Dad. As we get close to the resort and get to the top of the hill and can see the resort, the bay, and Provincetown in the distance, I have a visceral reaction bursting into tears…
55C67DFB-4133-4933-AB7A-815418860D6E.jpeg

Reminder:
We need to schedule May’s hosts. Please sign up for the week that works for you.

5/2 - 5/8: Oneanne
5/9 - 5/15: ShannyMcB
5/16 - 5/22: Summer
5/23 - 5/29: PAsFab5
5/30 - 6/5: PollyannaMom

Last edited:
Summer oh summer. Right now the DSs will be doing camp for a week in June and maybe one in July. DS7 (birthday boy yesterday) and DD have extended school years due to their IEPs so they'll be in school a couple days a week for part of the day in July...it'll be good, keep them from getting bored and make more progress with their speech therapies.
In August we have a week booked in WDW so fingers crossed we'll be able to do that again.
I will take the week of the 9th if no one else wants it...will do my best to remember to post!

This summer we will be going to Cedar Point at least once. We are also going to National Harbor for a few days. My dad wanted to go on vacation with us. He has points so he got the hotel. It is a 3 bedroom at a gorgeous hotel. I am tasked with finding stuff to do. DD gave me some ideas and DS is supposed to but hasn't and I am sure he forgot. I want to plan something that each of us want to do. I found out DH has never been to DC as well. But I was told it also needs to be a relaxing vacation. If anyone has ideas of stuff to do please let me know. Also, what are must does in DC for someone that has never been? We are trying to keep things on the cheaper side since we are doing a WDW trip next year.

Thursdays event went great. It was a long day but we raised a ton of money. The event is called Bags and Bourbon. We do a silent auction of either new or gently used purses and also bourbon and some other experiences. Everything is donated. We do it every other year except the last one was in 2019. It got pushed back because of the pandemic. It is fun watching everyone bid on the purses. At the end of the night I was a runner and got the purses that people won. They are so excited when they won the bid.

Yesterday was a rough day. I needed to send letter (really emailed them) to the students that have been selected for a scholarship. Nothing went right. I should have had them out first thing in the morning but it was more like noon before they went out. I couldn't get into the bulk email that we use, then the contacts wouldn't upload, then the site to book appointments did not work. Then I realized that I forgot to link the names to the email so all the letters went out as Dear (First Name). Thankfully they let us go at 2. My day just needed to be over

5D71A239-7659-462C-9EFB-590FA5B29953.jpeg
Self Care Sunday

As we begin to wrap up the weekend and start a new week let’s take a moment to reflect on how we can show ourselves some grace during the upcoming week.

I think it’s important to recognize that we are each trying our hardest, in all areas of our lives and we need to find balance, which often means letting some things go.

I found myself worrying about housework and laundry because I have had no time for any of that so far this weekend. I will have a few hours this morning to do the most important things but everything else will have to wait and I am ok with that.

I had commitments yesterday and today, all day, both days. I have a party for my dad this afternoon and I am going to enjoy my time with him and my family, not worrying about what is “not done”!

Give yourself the self care of Grace and Forgiveness today! Your awesome and your doing a great job ❤️

@piglet1979, my best recommendation for DC on a budget is that the Smithsonian museums and National Zoo are free!

We also really enjoyed a Monuments by Night tour (I don't remember the ticket prices) but DS was much older when we went, and it might not work for with little ones.

We also helped out with a charity event last night, and it was good to be back to it. We don't have final numbers yet, but the raffles seemed to go really well, and the comedians were great!

@PAsFab5, your comments about balance and grace are just what I needed this week. Thank you!

Last edited:
I absolutely love today’s topic. I am working on these things lately because the perfectionist in me gives me a lot of unnecessary stress. I am still dealing with headaches, although not as severe as before. I’m close to running out of chiropractor appointments partially covered by insurance, so I stopped going. I bought new bed pillows and a neck massager to self-treat the shoulder and neck tightness which leads to the headaches. Now to conquer the stress behind it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter