April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

Screenshot_20240408_192148_Chrome.jpg
I came across this quote while looking for a topic to discuss. I feel like with all the awe surrounding the eclipse yesterday we need some levity today. Challenging everyone to spend some time away from doom-scrolling today and find a fun spring or health related quote to share for this topic Tuesday.

Welcome @Newsies seize the day! Sorry couldn't help myself! That song is on my exercise play list :)

I love it!!!

14769586-767e-4ff2-8496-6039032f6044_text.gif

Many, many great memories seeing this show on Broadway back in 2013-2014 (hence my user). Always thrilled to meet someone who even knows what Newsies is!!!

Hi! I've been lurking on WISH threads for a little while and I'd love to join in now. I'm Kait, I'm 26 from NJ. I've had a complicated and challenging journey with my weight for as long as I can remember, but last year I was referred to a special weight management program facilitated through my primary care health org, which I started last month after spending some time on a waiting list. With the tools and goals they've given me, I'm making progress already, but I still have a long road ahead of me. I have two main goals for April:

1. Meal Prep lunch 3 days a week. Last month I broke the cycle of waking up to go get coffee and a donut/pastry/bagel before work most days, which has been a huge win for me, but I still order takeout for lunch when I'm in the office and I don't make the best choices when I do so. Trying to meal prep the first 3 lunches of my week, this is hard because I have a terrible relationship with cooking and food but I'm doing my best every day to get better. I really want to fall in love with cooking!

2. Walk every day (at least 20 minutes). I started doing this last month and fell off the wagon after 3 weeks because the weather got bad, I got busy, whatever excuse you can think of -- but it's getting nice again and I'm going to jump back into it.

Overall, I'm feeling very motivated to continue taking little steps towards my bigger goals and hoping to keep up my momentum by joining the community here on the WISH board.

:welcome:

It sounds like you have a great plan!

The eclipse was awesome yesterday. We were in the path and it was really cool to be apart of it. We had awesome weather too. They were predicting cloudy and raining up until a few days ago. It rained in the morning and then by mid-day it was sunny 70 and rally no clouds. It was perfect. It did get could during the eclipse. The news said it dropped 11 degrees in a town 15 minutes away from us. It didn't get as dark as I thought it would be. Maybe a late sunset. You could see the orange on the horizon. It got quite too for a bit until we hit totality and then everyone around us started yelling and people were setting off fireworks. I was so annoyed. You were supposed to be able to hear crickets and stuff but no one was quiet to be able to hear it. Still it was one of the greatest experiences to be apart of it. DH even said it was cooler then he thought it would be.

Hi! I've been lurking on WISH threads for a little while and I'd love to join in now. I'm Kait, I'm 26 from NJ. I've had a complicated and challenging journey with my weight for as long as I can remember, but last year I was referred to a special weight management program facilitated through my primary care health org, which I started last month after spending some time on a waiting list. With the tools and goals they've given me, I'm making progress already, but I still have a long road ahead of me. I have two main goals for April:

1. Meal Prep lunch 3 days a week. Last month I broke the cycle of waking up to go get coffee and a donut/pastry/bagel before work most days, which has been a huge win for me, but I still order takeout for lunch when I'm in the office and I don't make the best choices when I do so. Trying to meal prep the first 3 lunches of my week, this is hard because I have a terrible relationship with cooking and food but I'm doing my best every day to get better. I really want to fall in love with cooking!

2. Walk every day (at least 20 minutes). I started doing this last month and fell off the wagon after 3 weeks because the weather got bad, I got busy, whatever excuse you can think of -- but it's getting nice again and I'm going to jump back into it.

Overall, I'm feeling very motivated to continue taking little steps towards my bigger goals and hoping to keep up my momentum by joining the community here on the WISH board.
Welcome from another non-meal-planner-or-cooker!

Not exactly a quote, but I recently saw this recipe in my IG feed, and as a non-cook it looks like something simple enough that I might actually make it. Plus, how much more beautiful can food be? One of my favorite meals while in Morocco was a cold roasted carrot salad, so this brings back sweet memories.

1712680159053.png
https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/05/roasted-carrots-with-avocado-and-yogurt/

It sounds like you have a great plan!

Thanks so much!

Welcome!!!!! I have loved Newsies since I was younger and watched the movie. My mom, sister and I went to see the play when it came here a few years ago.

Thank you!! Huge Newsies fan, so glad you love it too and that you got the experience of seeing it live!

Welcome from another non-meal-planner-or-cooker!

Thank you very much! Non-meal-planner-or-cookers of the world, UNITE!

welcome!!!! I believe I used to stalk your trip reports-LOL! Glad to have you with us! I hope you and your family are doing well!!

welcome!!!! I believe I used to stalk your trip reports-LOL! Glad to have you with us! I hope you and your family are doing well!!

Hey there! This is so nice :) We're all doing very well and appreciate the well wishes. Thank you for reading my TRs-- they were very special to me and I'm going to write one for my upcoming May and September trips as well!

We are covered with a heavy overcast this morning, and we're about as far away from the path as you can be in the continental US, so I think at most we will go from dim to dimmer.

The Bird cruise Saturday was canceled because of not enough people, so I switched over to the Gray Whale tour. We did find a Gray whale and spent quite a bit of time watching it because it was feeding in one area. We also saw some Steller Sealions and had some Dall/Harbor Porpoise swim along side the boat. On the way back the captain had the boat running parallel to a couple adult male Orcas which was one of the best sightings I've even had.

Saturday evening I saw the movie 'Wicked Little Letters' and it was so good. Love Olivia Coleman, and the other two female leads were also great. I think I may go back and see it again.

Sunday self-care... loved everything on the list. My big self-care was to go soak-and-sweat in the evening and man what a difference it has made, as I feel like I have a new body going in to the week.
Whale watching is my favorite activity. As a child, we rarely saw any, but the waters have become healthier, and now we see humpback whales, seals, and even dolphins. I find it to be so exciting.

For safety reasons, we watched a live feed of the eclipse on our Promethian board rather than outdoors. Curious kindergartners don't always follow directions, and we couldn't have anyone endanger their eyesight. We saw the eclipse in Mazatlan, Mexico, and it was a beautiful sight.

The temperatures got up to the 70's yesterday, so I wore a new summer dress and got a lot of compliments. It looked good, but it will look so much better in a couple of months with less weight around my tummy.

I am off today for Eid. This is our first year of honoring this holiday which is the end of fasting during Ramadan. I have one student from Pakistan who celebrates it. She arrived in Kindergarten reading fluently and adding & subtracting numbers. She is very articulate, and she was able to explain the holiday to our class. Then, she presented everyone with goodie bags filled with candy. I love learning new things, and having such a multicultural class, I am constantly expanding my world view.

I am using this day to get things done around the house. It
will be nice to do what I need to do while DD and DH are at work. It's a practice run for spring break next week when I have some deep cleaning planned.

I dropped another two pounds, and I am approaching a weight not seen in 25 years...I can't wait for the day I see this new number on the scale!!!

Whooohooooo it is NOT raining! I was under the impression that it was to rain non stop for the next 3 days but I woke up to a sunrise and no rain so far so HOORAY!!!

Whooooo hoooo foster dog is making progress!! I took her for her first walk yesterday. It went ok, she’s very nervous and worried about everything. We walked this morning and she did better. She’s sleeping on the sofa (photo to share the cuteness) for the first time, which is great progress. Since she came to us Saturday she was too nervous to sleep anywhere but her crate. Yesterday when DH came home from work she jumped for joy, barked and cried for his attention. We both almost melted.

image.jpg

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!

Happy Wednesday!

WooHoo - my cousin from out of town is visiting for the week, so I'll probably get to see her a few times while she's back. She comes back 4 or 5 times a year, so I see her quite a bit, but it's always a nice treat!

WooHoo - middle DD called to talk last night. She never calls, so it was great hearing from her!

WooHoo - since I've started being mindful of my eating again, I'm still on a downward track. Today I was officially down a bit over 10 pounds which was my first goal. I will have many 10 pound goals, but I've now tackled one of them!

WOO HOO! I got the unpleasant chores done! It’s amazing what I can accomplish when nobody is under foot.

WOO HOO! The remainder of my day is appearing to be quite relaxing. It’s been challenging at school with all of the erratic student (and even faculty) behavior…caused by the eclipse?!!! I really needed this mini break.

Woohoo... we are also having some sun this morning but the forecast says it won't be that ay all day. As a matter of fact it is forecasted to be partly cloudy for the foreseeable future, but on the flip side that means party sunny so I'll yay for that.

Woohoo... my pumpkin starts are doing great and I took the cloches off them for the first time this morning, and they might stay off with no stormy weather coming soon.

Woohoo... I'm still over the moon with how much better I feel after the soak-and-sweat on Sunday. I really do need to start doing it on a regular basis.

Didn't happen to log on to the thread the last couple of days, so catching up...

The eclipse was cool! We were in the 92% zone here, so it didn't get really dark, but we had great weather and got to look at the cool "bite" out of the sun with eclipse glasses and a pinhole viewer.

:welcome: @Newsies!!

Challenging everyone to spend some time away from doom-scrolling today and find a fun spring or health related quote to share for this topic Tuesday.
1712770196505.png

WooHoo Wednesday - I'm doing well getting back into my treadmill routine after resting due to a cold last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter