April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I envy all of you who are packed and ready for our wonderful adventure. We haven't started packing, in fact Bob needs to go shopping this weekend for new dockers. I don't know if I have anything I can fit into so you might be seeing me in a mumu the entire trip. But that is ok, we'll just go with the flow. We were talking to someone from Kauai this morning and listening to our Hawaiian music all day. WE ARE READY even if we end up wearing PJs.

Safe trip to all of you on your way.

Val & Bob

We have larger size clothes as you know from shirt orders so if you need a temporary cover-up while yu do laundry just holler. Between us I think we will fill cabin's walk-in closet :sad:

I think I asked this before but can't recall if I read the answer of not...do we get extra luggage tags from the porters when we arrive at the port? Two luggage tags just isn't enough!

Yes you can...our TA checked on that because we have extra with medical stuff this time plus you are right 2 for one person isn't enough sometimes.

Have you seen him in his 'whites'? :love:

Yes! :love: :lmao:

He did a great job in November taking care of our crowd. I think the vegetarian in our group had some better meals than we did.

My husband, feels sometimes the same way. He has had a special cake done for her and sent to our stateroom. My husband kept negotiating with DD for some. :lmao:
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free Chocolate Cake, was simply delicious.
This is why and for so many other reasons, I have never cruised with any line other than DCL.

Shoot, I rarely don't take a vacation that is not in someway relative to Disney. I feel safe, and I know that our money is very well invested and even if something may go wrong, I know for a fact, that if I let them know, they will try their hardest to fix it or do better on another occasion. In a world, where the word service has come close to extinct, you can still count on Disney to deliver the Dream or your Fantasy! :thumbsup2 Now if they can only build a resort in PR. It would be complete!

Simone got him a wonderful curry dish one night. He also brought out a fabulous cheese tray/appetizer the night of my birthday dinner and champagne for a toast. My six year old niece was wild over one of the French cheeses and asked her mom "How old do I have to be before we can go to France?" :lmao:

Hopefully we have both hit the target age :lmao:

I should have kept reading before I posted.........that's good to know. :)

Thank You again for all you have done for this group ! I hope you can find some time to relax on this cruise !!! :)

I will be wearing my shirt when we board Sunday. I will also be wearing it to dinner the day we have the group photo. Good luck with the standby.pixiedust: Although it was years ago I had a REALLY bad experience with flying standby and wouldn't wish that on anyone.

There might be one or more people trying to take that early shuttle. :rotfl2:

That sounds like me ! :rotfl2: The only problem with that is the lack of sleep can get me sick real quick. Hopefully I can nap on the plane. :thumbsup2

That's what I'm hoping to do as well. It's been a long time since I stayed awake for 24 hours. I'm definitely going to need a nap. hahaha.

Thanks, Alex but the link that you sent me can not be edited as far as I can tell. I was hoping Eric could change the link to edit!

No you are right, it is not set up so that anyone other than I can edit it. If you want changes or alterations made, you need to contact me through PM or by emailing dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com I intentionally set it up this way after seeing how having free editing privileges screwed up the original roll call list and it's critical that the lanyard list not suffer the same fate because Jason has it set up to populate the lanyards themselves as a mail merge program from the spreadsheet....so if someone goes in and accidentally messes up something it could potentially alter ALL the lanyards.

No you are right, it is not set up so that anyone other than I can edit it. If you want changes or alterations made, you need to contact me through PM or by emailing dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com I intentionally set it up this way after seeing how having free editing privileges screwed up the original roll call list and it's critical that the lanyard list not suffer the same fate because Jason has it set up to populate the lanyards themselves as a mail merge program from the spreadsheet....so if someone goes in and accidentally messes up something it could potentially alter ALL the lanyards.

I thought so Eric. Sent you a PM with our room number.

Just quickly checking in so I don't have 20 pages to read when I come home on Sunday.

We will be wearing our shirts on embarkation day too

I have been reading comments about extra time in Hilo but for the first time looked at the times now listed for our ports and I am thrilled we will be in Maui and Honolulu until 10:30 instead of 7:30 that's 3 extra hours! Also noticed for those with early flights home we now are listed to docked back in LA at 9:30 instead of 9:00..

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Just posted this on the FB page as well.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I just joined D23. I am going to take a tour of the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank on Saturday morning at 9:30 AM. Cost is $60 and I can have one guest accompany me if there is still room on the tour. If anyone is interested, in this tour, please let me know. First one to say yes and pay WINS!!

What a wonderful experience!

I think I asked this before but can't recall if I read the answer of not...do we get extra luggage tags from the porters when we arrive at the port? Two luggage tags just isn't enough!

Yes.

Shoot, I rarely don't take a vacation that is not in someway relative to Disney. I feel safe, and I know that our money is very well invested and even if something may go wrong, I know for a fact, that if I let them know, they will try their hardest to fix it or do better on another occasion. In a world, where the word service has come close to extinct, you can still count on Disney to deliver the Dream or your Fantasy! :thumbsup2 Now if they can only build a resort in PR. It would be complete!

Absolutely Agree!

No you are right, it is not set up so that anyone other than I can edit it. If you want changes or alterations made, you need to contact me through PM or by emailing dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com

PM sent - although WHEN you're going to find time to edit all those :confused3

Hope the sun shines on you today - on this your wedding day!

When and how do I find out what group I am in for the FE? Can anyone help?

Wait until the navigator comes out later today - you'll be able to look it up.

Val & Bob, HAPPY SHOPPING!

We also are wearing our shirts on Sunday - right through dinner - it will help us identifying other DISers.

Happy Day, All!

Most people should have their copy of the Navigator now. I got an error message that the email could not be delivered. The people in question were newgeneb. If you could PM or message me your email addresses again this would be appreciated. If you thought that you had signed up, but have not received a copy or have just decided that you would like one, it is not too late. I can still send this out until Wednesday at 15:30 UK time after which I probably will no longer have computer access. Just fill out the form at this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1fVlVBbDV4NWhwVVBqU2w3QkFiRFE6MQ

Corinna

Most people should have their copy of the Navigator now. I got an error message that the email could not be delivered. The people in question were newgeneb. If you could PM or message me your email addresses again this would be appreciated. If you thought that you had signed up, but have not received a copy or have just decided that you would like one, it is not too late. I can still send this out until Wednesday at 15:30 UK time after which I probably will no longer have computer access. Just fill out the form at this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1fVlVBbDV4NWhwVVBqU2w3QkFiRFE6MQ

Corinna

Not so mini "Mini Navigator" Just put a copy on my ipad2 and iphone and they look great. (iPad version definitly best.) You did an excellent job. I am sure most people will not be able to thank you enough. So much information in such a compact document. Thanks a million.:worship:

Not so mini "Mini Navigator" Just put a copy on my ipad2 and iphone and they look great. (iPad version definitly best.) You did an excellent job. I am sure most people will not be able to thank you enough. So much information in such a compact document. Thanks a million.:worship:

I am glad you like it.

Corinna

Wow - Corinna - fabulous job. I am reading it on my Iphone - amazing. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Only 8 days to go:banana:

Corinna-

:worship::worship::worship:
I just opened up the Navigator. WOW-a wealth of information all in one place. Thank you so much. Can't print it up yet-the family is still asleep! You deserve a few DOD's. I hope you get a chance to relax on this trip. You have quite a few jewelry workshops going on as well.

Corinna-

:worship::worship::worship:
I just opened up the Navigator. WOW-a wealth of information all in one place. Thank you so much. Can't print it up yet-the family is still asleep! You deserve a few DOD's. I hope you get a chance to relax on this trip. You have quite a few jewelry workshops going on as well.

For me relaxing is getting to do the things I enjoy.

Corinna

Ditto ditto ditto......:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter