APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Hope you all had a great on-plan weekend!

Happy Motivation Monday!

Post something that motivates you! This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

IMG_4573.JPG

I had a rough weekend. I eat good though. My hip has been hurting since October but only if I stretch it outward. Like if I sit in a butterfly position. On Thursday I was doing yard work and did a lot of squatting. This caused my hip to get worse and hurt while I was walking and also caused my back to hurt. So i took it easy this weekend and it feels better today but it feels really stiff and a little sore. I ma going to try to get some walking in and just really watch what i eat this week.

Motivation Monday:
My father, uncle and paternal grandfather all developed type 2 diabetes and associated peripheral vascular disease that resulted in them having a leg amputated in their later years. That motivates me to try and improve my diet and fitness now in an effort to avoid the same fate.

My inspiration/motivation this week is something the leader of the on-line course has said a couple times, "walk as if you are beloved". I've been using it to ask myself things like - if I was beloved (which to me in part means taken care of) would there be... a pile of dirty laundry in the bedroom, dishes waiting to be washed in the sink, etc, etc, etc. Somehow thinking in terms of beloved is resonating with me more than the thought of treating myself with respect, which is also part of the course. This is actually some art work from the gal leading the course:

upload_2018-4-16_7-41-34.png

We had another super wet weekend: Saturday there was almost 2 inches of rain, which is really high for us. Sunday was dryer but still yucky... and I really think that by mid-April I should be able to put my puffy coat away, but nope, still wearing it.

It was a good weekend food/health wise. I managed to do at least 14 hours of intermittent fasting each day, and noticed that I get physically hungry around 8:30am. I drank a green smoothie each day and ate mostly plant based. Yesterday I even roasted a ton of veggies and actually brought a lunch of veggies and rice with me to work today. It was the third weekend with kind of funky moodiness, but also the third weekend of wet weather and the third weekend of no special plans, so I need to make this coming weekend different.

Goals check-in: I've lost the 2 pounds that I keep gaining/losing/gaining, so that's -2 out of the goal of -5: I had low steps over the weekend so I am behind on my 100 miles goal and will need to do 10,000 per day this week to catch up. I also need to drink green smoothies every day this week to get back to my goal average of 5 per week... not a bad thing. I feel much better this morning, even after just two days of good eating, so that in itself is a good motivation to keep going.

@Oneanne do you mind me asking what is in your green smoothie? My kids bought me a smoothie maker for Christmas but I haven’t really used it much yet so looking for something to help me diet :)

@luvpoohandcompany I've been doing a combination of greens and fruits. For greens: kale, Swiss chard, spinach, cucumber, celery, cilantro or parsley, avocado. For fruits: apple, pear, lemon, lime, kiwi, banana. I also put in protein powder. I use water for my added liquid but you can use milk or a non-milk substitute. I just mix-and-match based on what I have on hand... it definitely tastes "green" but so much better than any prepared green drink I've ever bought. I've been doing smoothies, but I'm going to set my new juicer up tonight and start juicing as well. I follow Chris Karr on IG and have a couple of her books, but if you use Pinterest you can search on green smoothies and get tons of ideas. It's been a god send because it's the only way I'm ever going to get that many veggies in to my body.

Motivation: Well, I can't remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of smaller than a baby step, just moving your big toe forward! Some days it feels like that's what I do. Just give my life a little prod with the toe!

Saturday when we put the dresser in the car to take to DS1, we discovered that DS2 wouldn't fit! So we had to move the dresser back to the bedroom. I am crushed and trying to figure out when we can take it to him! Seeing my parents was great and they are home safe and sound. Mom is enjoying having a big house back instead of just an RV! We are all complaining about the rain. I am very sick of it and the snowpack is still below normal! ugh more drought

I was looking forward to running lots of errands tomorrow after work and planning all kinds of projects. Then I remembered I have a meeting and won't have time for any of my plans!! Well, we want a new scale, and I may have time to get one. DH says he wants something with bigger numbers so he won't have to put his glasses on to see it. Hmmm. Not sure they make something that big! :rotfl:

How you eat and elephant? “Eat the elephant one bite at a time”

well. please don't eat elephants! But you can only take one meal, one day and even one moment at time. Do your best taking in account everything else this moment is and it will build up

Catching up - motivational monday:

images

I need to remember this. Slow seems to be how it works for me. The scale moved up again... Ugh.

In other news I finally had the appointment with the endicrinologist again. I am totally healthy. No sign of being pre-diabetic at all. More the opposite. I tend to have rather low blood sugar levels. So, that's not why I have difficulty losing weight. Ultimately it appears to be just a question of what I eat and it seems that I eat too much. While I loved hearing that I am healthy, I am also a bit frustrated. But I guess if I want to see results I will have to make some uncomfortable decisions. Like starting to skip my lunchs with the colleagues and bring my own lunch instead. Having more control over my food appears to be something that I have to do in order to better control my input. I hate it if my weight loss infringes on my social life, but I can't run around and complain about not losing weight and then not do what is necessary to acchieve my goal.

Boohoo, I didn't accomplish 14 hours of fasting last night. I was late getting out of the office which meant the commute was during rush hour, and while still in the city a bus ahead of us made a turn too wide and ended up on the side walk with its front end almost against a tree. We have the articulated buses, and it was still bent around the corner with its hind-end blocking our street but the front end down a hill, and it couldn't get itself backed up and clear. Fortunately we were finally able to get around it and take the standard re-route, which goes down thru the stadium district... unfortunately people were already arriving for the evening baseball game, so that was also slow going. I was so grateful I didn't have any evening plans, but it did throw my evening timing off and it was after 8pm when I realized I hadn't had my smoothie, so chugged one down. And I have no idea how I got 8000 steps in yesterday - it was cold and stormy again, and I felt like I barely moved. It was a pretty good eating day, I had sugar in my breakfast, but no candy during the afternoon/evening so that's an accomplishment.

I made an appointment for eye brow micro-bladeing yesterday, something I've wanted to do for a while. My eye brows aren't in horrible shape, but when I was a wee lass the super thin brows were en-vouge, and after all that plucking they never fully grew back. I'm very excited about it, but also nervous because brows are so important.

Yesterday was crazy busy, here's to hoping today is a bit calmer! Happy Tuesday everyone!

Good afternoon! Traveled to Washington DC for a meeting today, and then had work AND had to finish submitting our taxes :badpc::scared:

Soooo......

Topic Tuesday!

Do you think tracking food is an important part of your weight loss journey?

For me, it's been really important. I've been trying to switch over to the Hunger Scale, but I still feel like it's important for me to journal what I'm eating and how much. I'm still tracking calories.

Topic Tuesday!
Do you think tracking food is an important part of your weight loss journey?

Tracking is very important... it raises your awareness and helps you make mindful choices. It also helps with accountability. I've been tracking off and on in my FitBit, right now (as in this week) I'm not because I'm more focused on plant-based than calories, but that's really a pretty lame excuse. When I did WW back in 2016 I tracked religiously and saw great results.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo Wednesday!
Tell us your successes this week! This could be a scale or non-scale victory, or just something that makes you smile to think about!

I'm back in the fitness center after my flu bout - Moving slowly, but moving! Met my step goals Monday and Tuesday, and only have 1500 left to meet today's. I'm traveling for work, and went to the hotel fitness center yesterday and this morning - used the treadmill for an hour each time! Also, eating on plan!

WooHoo... it's not raining! As a matter of fact, we're supposed to be in the clear for a while. Heavy sign of relief as I am tired of being wet. Come on Spring. I used to make my annual trip to WDW at this time of year so I could get warm and dry, and this year more than once I've thought "I could just jump on a plane...".

Oh, and still woohoo-ing about getting my brows micro-bladed!

I'm still thinking about what I want to do differently this weekend, next weekend I'm headed over to my Sister's at the beach for her birthday/housewarming party, so I don't want to do a road trip this weekend, but getting out some where for a walk would be good. Heck, just getting out of the house would be good.

Happy Wednesday everyone, make it a woo-hoo-able one!

Topic Tuesday:
Yes, I do track most of the time. I can get away with not tracking for a while if I just want to maintain my weight as I do have a good estimate as to what most food I regularly eat is worth, so I can easily estimate what I can eat in a day. But tracking also gives me the discipline to make more consious food choices most of the time. My big goal (and @HappyGrape is my big idol there!) is to track during vacation. I have gone from tracking the first day to tracking the first five days already. Need to get through a whole vacation at some point. But if I keep it up for more days all the time, I will at some point do it from start through to the end!

Wohoo Wednesday:
I made a really good and healthy choice at lunch today!! Remember how I was complaining about eating out for lunch and my difficulty with it. Today it was really easy to make the sensible choice, even though I wanted to the bad choice!

--

In other news my scale hates me even more today. Was up 1kg this morning!! But I did go for a nice run yesterday evening and I hope that it is just the after exercise water weight that I get sometimes (especially when my body is not used to regular exercise). Tonight I am going to do some DVD fitness program! Really enjoying getting more fit again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter