• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

I ordered 4 Magic Bands on Monday May 20 for our trip on July 7. When I looked at MDE 3 of us had the correct band showing but they 4th was just a white circle. I received a shipping notice a few days later showing delivery today. There was no charge on my credit card so I wasn't sure what to expect. The package just arrived and much to my surprise everything was correct - bands and printing on the back. MDE still shows the white circle for one of our girls but the serial number is correct. I still have not seen a charge to my credit card.
I had the exact same experience for our early July trip. All arrived as ordered, including the one upgraded band that was showing up as a white circle. That one was mine, so I didn't really care as long as the kids got the right ones. We had a pending charge on our card, but it disappeared and hadn't showed back up as of yesterday.

Same for us, except unfortunately we had one white circle and one showing a yellow band. it appears that if you see a white circle you are going to get the correct band that you ordered, and if you see a plain colored band that is what you are going to get (based on what I'm reading from following 3 threads about this lol)!

I didn't even get a shipping notice for our Thanksgiving trip bands but they arrived today. All were as ordered except DS15 who ordered a Pirates band and got plain gray. On hold with Disney now.

Did anyone who actually received a confirmation email that the upgraded bands had been ordered, but received a plain band instead receive any kind of communication from Disney that the band was no longer available, either before or after receiving the bands?

I got my package today but it only contained my hubs' rainbow band and my snack band is not there. I just checked my CC transactions and the Disney charge is no longer there as a pending charge, it has disappeared. At this point, if I don't get the snack band I'm okay with it since I still have my VB band as my go to. I just don't want to get charged for two bands when I only received one.

I have 10 days to customize my bands for my July trip. I'm not holding out much hope Disney gets it together with the upgraded bands by then, but I really hope they get the correct solid colors I chose or I am not going to be happy! It seems like they put zero thought into rolling this out.

Much to my surprise, our custom bands were in the mailbox today... with the box torn open... but luckily all looks to be okay. The charge is gone off my card though, so that’s still a mystery. On the bright side, we can use them for our trip next week even though this order was supposed to be for October!

Trip in 1.5 weeks. I did not want a new upgraded and just plain color bands. My order should have been processed and shipped out before this all happened, but wasn’t. When this launched it erased my old band requests so I had to go back in and reorder. Everything disappeared for awhile, but I received a shipping notice for the solid color bands yesterday. USPS says they should be delivered by Friday.

I'm currently on wait (passing 20 minutes) trying to talk to someone about my MB order. I just want to clear up this MB business. Is the band I want totally out or am I getting a second package?

We ordered our Passholder bands, and bands for our August and September trips. Haunted Mansion, Birthday, Moana, Snack, BB-8, and Darth Vader. All have arrived and all were correct.

I hope anyone who ran into trouble gets it straightened out!

We ordered our Passholder bands, and bands for our August and September trips. Haunted Mansion, Birthday, Moana, Snack, BB-8, and Darth Vader. All have arrived and all were correct.

I hope anyone who ran into trouble gets it straightened out!
I assume you ordered fairly early on Monday? I ordered late afternoon Monday and already they were out of one of the ones we ordered. We did get a HM, snacks, and Thanos, but no Sorcerer Mickey. I had planned on ordering out AP ones within the next day or so after that, but obviously that didn't happen. Since we don't actually need those I'm just holding off and waiting to see if they restock and possibly get different ones as well. If that happens I probably won't drag my feet that time.

I'm super confused by how Disney rolled his out. If I go into MDE to look at the bands I'm able to customize (both for my upcoming trip in July and my AP) and neither show the option for the premium bands. No rmally, this wouldn't bother me, but now there's no option to decline the MB. I called Disney and they confirmed that this is how the site is supposed to function.

So if you don't want your MB because you already have a million of the complimentary ones, you still have to order one so your travel companions can get theirs. But never fear! You can just give your unwanted one back to the front desk (that you're supposed to bypass if you did online check-in) so they can recycle it. :rolleyes2

I'm just going to check in regularly to see if the premium bands decide to reveal themselves and hope I don't get a blank page with "Your MagicBand Order." written at the top.

Got my bands today. All five are right. They continued to appear correct on the website so I was hopeful. Still waiting for them to restock to order our AP bands.

Have not checked my credit card.

This whole thing is so confusing. We ordered our 2 bands (snack & castle) maybe mid afternoon on 5/20, and I paid with my debit card, and the charge showed up pretty much immediately and email confirmation was received. I venmo'd my roommate for her half that day. After hearing rumors of issues, I checked today to make sure we still had them listed, and the order is there. Both of us can see the custom band in our active magic bands, but the charge has now dropped off my card just like others are reporting. I haven't gotten any shipping notification, but I wasn't expecting to because this is for our October trip. I guess I'll give it a week or so and then if the charge still isn't there, I'll venmo my roommate her money back. It's just so odd.
My nephew received ours for our November trip. Not sure how he got them so quick, I ordered for my June trip b fore him and I haven’t received those yet

I assume you ordered fairly early on Monday? I ordered late afternoon Monday and already they were out of one of the ones we ordered. We did get a HM, snacks, and Thanos, but no Sorcerer Mickey. I had planned on ordering out AP ones within the next day or so after that, but obviously that didn't happen. Since we don't actually need those I'm just holding off and waiting to see if they restock and possibly get different ones as well. If that happens I probably won't drag my feet that time.

Not that early; we kept getting error messages for the first part of the day. I’d say late afternoon.

We have two more trips this year and I figured I’d order those later, bc there were still some bands I was interested in. But by the time I looked they were sold out. Well, I’m just glad I got the ones I ordered. Hopefully they do restock and start the program again. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t. It probably costs them five cents to make these (I’m exaggerating for hyperbole but you know what I mean); even at a discount it’s a profit to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter