APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

We were able to put a new order in, but some of the bands gave us error messages. Out already?
I was able to order a Castle one for me maybe 20 min ago, but then I moved to order my sons' AP bands and got one chosen, then tried for the second son and am getting an error for every band I try. So either they are selling out crazy fast, or there is something else going on also.

Reactions: TAK
I was able to order a Castle one for me maybe 20 min ago, but then I moved to order my sons' AP bands and got one chosen, then tried for the second son and am getting an error for every band I try. So either they are selling out crazy fast, or there is something else going on also.

We got the castle one and Spaceship Earth and it went through fine, confirmed and all. But now, errors, like you said. I’m guessing glitch.

We got the castle one and Spaceship Earth and it went through fine, confirmed and all. But now, errors, like you said. I’m guessing glitch.
Normally I would agree with you, but after last week everyone thought glitch and it seems they were just selling out. I guess we'll have to wait and see now, I'm glad mine (hopefully) went through, but I wish I had snuck my sons in before also!

I kept get getting an error this morning also, and for some reason my mde account always comes up as Canadian (I am not Canadian) not sure why. So I changed it to US like it should be and I was able to order both bands successfully. This was at about 0700. I got the Spaceship Earth and the Castle one. Maybe try and change your country to US if it’s not?
Good luck all!

I can get in, see all the options, and if you try to add one, it tells you to call guest services or try again. Maybe they are still rolling the code out.

Trying to order snacks and pirates bands, but keep getting the error when completing the transaction like everyone else. Called guest relations, holding for 33 minutes now.. est. wait time was 45 min when I called. Although I am not hopeful they will even be able to help, haha.

I really hope they get it together I’m dying to order bands for the 5 of us before my window runs out in 40 days ahhhh

I can get in, see all the options, and if you try to add one, it tells you to call guest services or try again. Maybe they are still rolling the code out.
I think this means they are sold out of that one. FWIW, a CM said that was correct when i called, and when she checked for me ones that gave me that error also showed out of stock in their warehouse for her.

About two hours ago I was able to choose mine, but when I moved on to my wife's, I could choose, but I'd get an error when I clicked to confirm the choice. I logged back in a few times since then with no luck, but the one I chose was still selected for me. Now though, I'm back to no selection and still getting errors.

About two hours ago I was able to choose mine, but when I moved on to my wife's, I could choose, but I'd get an error when I clicked to confirm the choice. I logged back in a few times since then with no luck, but the one I chose was still selected for me. Now though, I'm back to no selection and still getting errors.
I was able to choose my AP band and the order when through. I moved to the order that had my 2 sons on it and got one done, the second gave me an error to call them every time, and now when I look my only choices are the 8 free colors. They sure know how to be unprepared for releasing things, that's for sure.

I think this means they are sold out of that one. FWIW, a CM said that was correct when i called, and when she checked for me ones that gave me that error also showed out of stock in their warehouse for her.

It seems every one I check has the same message. Maybe they opened the stock this morning, and they were all taken within the first hour or two when they restocked. We're going in mid-July so hopefully they will show up but the counter on our page says 16 days which is more than 30 days before we go. Weird.

It seems every one I check has the same message. Maybe they opened the stock this morning, and they were all taken within the first hour or two when they restocked. We're going in mid-July so hopefully they will show up but the counter on our page says 16 days which is more than 30 days before we go. Weird.

That happened to me. I got one of the bands in the order done, move on to the second, and got the error to call with every band I put in. I was assuming I was just choosing popular ones, I didn't try to put in a band I didn't actually want and thought would be less popular and thus available to see if it worked. Knowing my luck that one would have gone through and stuck, so i didn't want to try LOL! Plus who am I to say which ones would be less popular. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

I suppose this is going to be like picking FPs or ADRs; you'll need to be online first thing in the morning to get the first crack at that day's stock before they run out.

I suppose this is going to be like picking FPs or ADRs; you'll need to be online first thing in the morning to get the first crack at that day's stock before they run out.
That could be it. However knowing how the rollout worked, it would almost be better (at least for their support staff) to wait until they have a larger inventory before releasing them, or they will be getting these calls every day they release small quantities.

I struggled with the evaporating pool this morning. Once I got my girls choices, I ran into a wall on three of mine. By the time I found one that stuck for me, one of theirs was no longer available. Final result, I got none.
Word of advice, know what one you want and a back-up because the window for ordering is so ridiculously small, enter it then keep your fingers crossed. What an awesome system.

I've received our upgraded bands on Friday, but have not been charged. There was a pending charge for a while, but it dropped off last week. Nothing has come through since then. :confused3
Same thing for us. Our bands are in transit and due to arrive Friday, but the charge disappeared from my CC. A strange way of doing things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter