AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

A great deal (most) of the so-called "inside information" in this thread was fabricated and posted with the purpose of causing arguments on the board.

Example:
The assertion that "Disney does not like AP holders, and
wants to squelch AP holders' ability to ride major attractions" is ridiculous on its face.
But, it was posted to stir things up, as this board is ripe with...
(you guessed it) AP holders. ;)

While slivers of REAL information regarding FP+ contained in this thread MIGHT come to fruition, it is unlikely that most of the "insider information" had any resemblance to actual "secret plans" or policies being hatched by Disney brass.

At least one "agitator" responsible for stirring this pot of fabricated "policies" has been silent on this board for the better part of a month.
Only time will tell if that will remain the case.

A great deal (most) of the so-called "inside information" in this thread was fabricated and posted with the purpose of causing arguments on the board.

Example:
The assertion that "Disney does not like AP holders, and
wants to squelch AP holders' ability to ride major attractions" is ridiculous on its face.
But, it was posted to stir things up, as this board is ripe with...
(you guessed it) AP holders. ;)

While slivers of REAL information regarding FP+ contained in this thread MIGHT come to fruition, it is unlikely that most of the "insider information" had any resemblance to actual "secret plans" or policies being hatched by Disney brass.

At least one "agitator" responsible for stirring this pot of fabricated "policies" has been silent on this board for the better part of a month.
Only time will tell if that will remain the case.

I was thinking the same thing.... ;)

I've read about 50 pages and just don't have it in me to read another 40+, so sorry if this has already been addressed.

I'm not an AP holder*, but I don't see it as "unfair" that they should have more "chances" to ride a given ride. Arguments about ticket cost aside, you could look at it in terms of probability and statistics.

To make the math simple, let's specify that each person would only ride once per day. An AP holder has 365 opportunies a year to ride Space Mountain with a FP and the guest who is there for a week vacation has 7/365 chances to ride within a year. So, it's true that the AP holder has hundreds more chances to ride within the span of a year. You could extend this logic to say that the AP holder (assuming they always renew) would have tens of THOUSANDS of opportunities to ride in their lifetime, while the person who goes to WDW for only one week long trip in their life only gets 7/n thousand chances. That's just not fair, right? ;)

But just as, no matter how many times you flip a coin, the probability remains 50/50 to get heads EACH TIME you flip it, both guests have exactly the SAME chance of riding with a FP on THAT day. It's perfectly equitable. Just like someone said earlier (was it Robo? It sounded like the kind of sage wisdom that Robo would post)... equality of OPPORTUNITY, not equality of OUTCOME! Sure, it's possible that the once-in-a-lifetime guest might miss out on riding Space Mountain for some reason. Let's say all the FPs are gone by the time they get there. But to blame the folks who get to ride "ALL THE TIME" for uncaringly using up all the FPs rather than choosing not to ride to ensure others get the chance????

By that logic, those of us who vacation at WDW even once every few years should forego riding the rides at all. It's only fair to ensure that other guests get the chance. After all, they may never come back and we've been on those rides before. We have to spread the wealth, after all!

Ok, I'm stirring the pot too politically, but you get my point. Some here are pointing fingers at AP holders as being entitled or greedy for expecting the same perks in the park on any given day. But the converse argument is, how much is enough to sacrifice in the name of fairness? Maybe those AP holders should have to donate half of their days to those of us who can't afford an AP? Where does it end?

As far as the overall FP+ debate, I am ALL in favor of being able to reserve a later time (thus theoretically replacing the need to engage in the former practice of using late FPs). But, if current rumors bear out, the trade-off is not worth it... specifically limitations on how many FP+s you get and that they have to be spread among several "classes" of attraction, and you cannot get more than one for each attraction! Those limitations elimiate much of the benefit of the FP concept for a vast number of us.

* full disclosure: technically I AM an AP holder, but not for WDW... I'm currently living overseas and the cost of a DLP annual passport is less than the cost of four days' admission.

I've read about 50 pages and just don't have it in me to read another 40+, so sorry if this has already been addressed.

I'm not an AP holder*, but I don't see it as "unfair" that they should have more "chances" to ride a given ride. Arguments about ticket cost aside, you could look at it in terms of probability and statistics.

To make the math simple, let's specify that each person would only ride once per day. An AP holder has 365 opportunies a year to ride Space Mountain with a FP and the guest who is there for a week vacation has 7/365 chances to ride within a year. So, it's true that the AP holder has hundreds more chances to ride within the span of a year. You could extend this logic to say that the AP holder (assuming they always renew) would have tens of THOUSANDS of opportunities to ride in their lifetime, while the person who goes to WDW for only one week long trip in their life only gets 7/n thousand chances. That's just not fair, right? ;)

But just as, no matter how many times you flip a coin, the probability remains 50/50 to get heads EACH TIME you flip it, both guests have exactly the SAME chance of riding with a FP on THAT day. It's perfectly equitable. Just like someone said earlier (was it Robo? It sounded like the kind of sage wisdom that Robo would post)... equality of OPPORTUNITY, not equality of OUTCOME! Sure, it's possible that the once-in-a-lifetime guest might miss out on riding Space Mountain for some reason. Let's say all the FPs are gone by the time they get there. But to blame the folks who get to ride "ALL THE TIME" for uncaringly using up all the FPs rather than choosing not to ride to ensure others get the chance????

By that logic, those of us who vacation at WDW even once every few years should forego riding the rides at all. It's only fair to ensure that other guests get the chance. After all, they may never come back and we've been on those rides before. We have to spread the wealth, after all!

Ok, I'm stirring the pot too politically, but you get my point. Some here are pointing fingers at AP holders as being entitled or greedy for expecting the same perks in the park on any given day. But the converse argument is, how much is enough to sacrifice in the name of fairness? Maybe those AP holders should have to donate half of their days to those of us who can't afford an AP? Where does it end?

As far as the overall FP+ debate, I am ALL in favor of being able to reserve a later time (thus theoretically replacing the need to engage in the former practice of using late FPs). But, if current rumors bear out, the trade-off is not worth it... specifically limitations on how many FP+s you get and that they have to be spread among several "classes" of attraction, and you cannot get more than one for each attraction! Those limitations elimiate much of the benefit of the FP concept for a vast number of us.

* full disclosure: technically I AM an AP holder, but not for WDW... I'm currently living overseas and the cost of a DLP annual passport is less than the cost of four days' admission.
Thanks for the thoughtful post, but as Robo said a couple of posts back, the guy who said all the inflammatory things about Disney hating AP holders and AP holders' entitlement needing to be reigned in has basically been outed as a fraud. And that's why the thread went dark a month ago.

Thanks for the thoughtful post, but as Robo said a couple of posts back, the guy who said all the inflammatory things about Disney hating AP holders and AP holders' entitlement needing to be reigned in has basically been outed as a fraud. And that's why the thread went dark a month ago.

That's what I get for skipping to the end! :)

Perhaps the OP's information was inaccurate, but a number of people's responses to it seemed to indicate that they believed such a plan was only fair, which is what I was reacting to more so than the OP.

As I said, my bigger concern is with how the FP+ rules develop for EVERYONE. If it means we are limited to one headliner, that will stink. Even remaining within the FP window enforcement, we manage to FP just about every attraction that offers it. At a minimum, we use it primarily for the headliners since minor attractions lines are often not that bad in stand-by anyway. As I'm understanding the (admittedly rumored) guidelines, we would have to choose ONE of the headliners, stand in long lines for the other two, and "waste" our other FP+s on rides that we might otherwise skip or spend an extra 10 minutes in the stand-by line. I was initially excited about FP+ giving us the opportunity to reserve times in the afternoon/evening, but if we can only do that for a FEW rides per day and only ONE of our priority rides???? I'm not liking the way this is starting to sound at all!

There's no point in getting too stressed before official word regarding how FP+ will work is released.

There's no point in getting too stressed before official word regarding how FP+ will work is released.

I still can't believe Disney is being so parsimonious in it's release of information about the program. We've had nothing new in weeks. I notice on the 'official' Disney blogs any posts complaining about rumored changes or calls for new information are summarily deleted. They have to roll this out at some point and some advance notice would seem logical, not that this whole process has been anything close to logical.

I suspect (no inside knowledge of ANY kind!) 1) that response has not been the gushing love fest they expected and therefore requires last minute "fixes"

2) the website implementation has been a miserable failure, something they could get away with in the past but won't work now. If I have trouble with reservations, tickets, ADR's etc. online I can call, I doubt that will be feasible regarding FP+.

I still can't believe Disney is being so parsimonious in it's release of information about the program. We've had nothing new in weeks. I notice on the 'official' Disney blogs any posts complaining about rumored changes or calls for new information are summarily deleted. They have to roll this out at some point and some advance notice would seem logical, not that this whole process has been anything close to logical.

I suspect (no inside knowledge of ANY kind!) 1) that response has not been the gushing love fest they expected and therefore requires last minute "fixes"

2) the website implementation has been a miserable failure, something they could get away with in the past but won't work now. If I have trouble with reservations, tickets, ADR's etc. online I can call, I doubt that will be feasible regarding FP+.

Fully agree! :thumbsup2

doggydoc said:
"

This is my big worry!
Disney websites over the last 3 years time and time again have not be able to handle any kind of Limited edition or new hard to get ADRs..
People who thought they had there item or ADR, ended up not getting them..

I had my CC charge in two of these limited editions items and a conformation Number and they still, said I did not get one!
I did get my money back, but it would not have been a problem if disney site could handle to Amount of people and keep track of who's got what...
The sad thing is disney store would not let me place the order over the phone!! I found this unreasonable!

I expect FP+ to be the same!
I wish disney would just announce it 60days BEFORE they are rolling it out..
So everyone who has those dates can book peacefully, instead of the mad rush we saw with BOG ressies..

I wish CMs that do have some insight would simply wait and keep that info to themselves until it actually released. I know for fact that is what they are instructed to do.

A little knowledge can a dangerous thing, especially on Net forums.

As to why no further official word from Disney. Until they know they can release it and it work at least reasonably well, I don't think they will rush it. Also as everyone knows many are having problems with the website usage. Since that is an integral part to the program, that has to work better.

Disney has a severe problem with it's website because of go.com and how slow and cumbersome it has become. I cannot fathom that a FP+ on the web will EVER be a good experience or work well. Before anyone bashes me I'm Disney shareholder!

Disney has a severe problem with it's website because of go.com and how slow and cumbersome it has become. I cannot fathom that a FP+ on the web will EVER be a good experience or work well. Before anyone bashes me I'm Disney shareholder!

You aren't kidding!:guilty:

We are going for a 10 day trip in Feb. Considering getting to AP... guess we should wait until end of our trip since we get 30FP+ with our resorts ressies. We usually stay 9-12 days each trip... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

So you should be allowed to ride Space Mountain with little or no wait 20+ times in a year while a tourist should have to wait 2 hours or more to ride it once....?

Not so - I mean you are forced to choose a package of FP+ right so you must select 2-3 FP in addition to your one SM FP+... And if a tiered system is implemented at MK u really have wasted your FP+...

We are going for a 10 day trip in Feb. Considering getting to AP... guess we should wait until end of our trip since we get 30FP+ with our resorts ressies. We usually stay 9-12 days each trip... Hmmm

What you should consider is reading up on more current threads. This thread died months before any significant testing for AP holders was done. :)

This was a rumor that has not come to pass.

Details are still sketchy at the moment as AP holders have not been able to make FP+ reservations outside of getting a reservation first, but once active, can continue to use FP+ outside of a reservation.

With a reservation, you can make FP+ selections for the length of your reservation (as long as you have an equivalent number of days on your tickets).

An AP holder outside of a reservation can reserve FP+ up to a total of 7 or 14 days of outstanding FP+ reservations. Once you use/cancel one, you can make another one. There is currently NO limit per quarter.

Some get 7 days, some get 14 - we haven't figured out why there is a difference.

What you should consider is reading up on more current threads. This thread died months before any significant testing for AP holders was done. :)

This was a rumor that has not come to pass.

Details are still sketchy at the moment as AP holders have not been able to make FP+ reservations outside of getting a reservation first, but once active, can continue to use FP+ outside of a reservation.

With a reservation, you can make FP+ selections for the length of your reservation (as long as you have an equivalent number of days on your tickets).

An AP holder outside of a reservation can reserve FP+ up to a total of 7 or 14 days of outstanding FP+ reservations. Once you use/cancel one, you can make another one. There is currently NO limit per quarter.

Some get 7 days, some get 14 - we haven't figured out why there is a difference.

OK, here is what has happened to me just since October. I have the regular 4-park AP.

I booked a four night stay in October at BWV, my first resort experience with MB and FP+. I booked FP+ one day at Epcot to try it out.

I have a stay at BC booked for December. I booked FP+ for five of the ten days (intentionally - I like plenty of relax time). No problems yet. Total days used at this point - six, all during resort stays.

I will be doing a two night stay at the Dolphin during Christmas week, so I booked one day of FP+ that is not related to a resort stay. Total days used - 7, total days without a resort stay - one.

My January BWI trip window just opened a few days ago, and I went in today to start the FP+ for that trip. It is telling me that I can not book any new FP+ unless I cancel other FP+ I have previously booked. So it imposing a 7 day limit, even though I have only booked one day outside of an on property resort stay.

So in my experience, the fact that I have an AP is overriding the fact that I am staying on property. Not a huge deal for me, as I usually don't need FP on my January trips, and hopefully by my early March trip I would be entitled to more. However, if the fact that a person has an AP as their valid ticket is overriding the fact that they are booking FP+ during an on property reservation, then a lot of AP holders are going to be very upset. I also have no way of knowing when or if I will be entitled to more days. I can't find that info anywhere.

I can't speak for anyone else - I can just share my experience.

OK, here is what has happened to me just since October. I have the regular 4-park AP.

I booked a four night stay in October at BWV, my first resort experience with MB and FP+. I booked FP+ one day at Epcot to try it out.

I have a stay at BC booked for December. I booked FP+ for five of the ten days (intentionally - I like plenty of relax time). No problems yet. Total days used at this point - six, all during resort stays.

I will be doing a two night stay at the Dolphin during Christmas week, so I booked one day of FP+ that is not related to a resort stay. Total days used - 7, total days without a resort stay - one.

My January BWI trip window just opened a few days ago, and I went in today to start the FP+ for that trip. It is telling me that I can not book any new FP+ unless I cancel other FP+ I have previously booked. So it imposing a 7 day limit, even though I have only booked one day outside of an on property resort stay.

So in my experience, the fact that I have an AP is overriding the fact that I am staying on property. Not a huge deal for me, as I usually don't need FP on my January trips, and hopefully by my early March trip I would be entitled to more. However, if the fact that a person has an AP as their valid ticket is overriding the fact that they are booking FP+ during an on property reservation, then a lot of AP holders are going to be very upset. I also have no way of knowing when or if I will be entitled to more days. I can't find that info anywhere.

I can't speak for anyone else - I can just share my experience.

Now that you mention it, I think I've heard of people hitting a max of 7 days regardless of the length of a stay (or AP), but again, it doesn't seem to be totally consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter