AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

Now that you mention it, I think I've heard of people hitting a max of 7 days regardless of the length of a stay (or AP), but again, it doesn't seem to be totally consistent.

The big issue is the lack of info on Disney's part. I would be willing to cancel a couple days of FP+ from my December trip to hold until March if I NEED to. But I don't know when the clock resets so I get another 7 days. I'd hate to give up a couple Soarin days only to find that the clock reset in February and I had all 7 days to use for my March trip.

The big issue is the lack of info on Disney's part. I would be willing to cancel a couple days of FP+ from my December trip to hold until March if I NEED to. But I don't know when the clock resets so I get another 7 days. I'd hate to give up a couple Soarin days only to find that the clock reset in February and I had all 7 days to use for my March trip.

There is no "clock reset" that anyone has seen. It appears to be completely based on how many days you've made FP+ reservations for that are outstanding. If you cancel one, you can make one, so long as you don't have more than 7/14 outstanding.

This actually makes a lot more sense than the previously rumored "X per quarter".

Disney probably hasn't announced anything as they have not officially activated Annual Passholders yet. Those than can do it is simply a side effect. As for multiple reservations, who knows?

Edit: Plus, in your case it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't be able to make FP+ reservations until after your December trip anyways (outside of 60 days), so you'd have to have used all your December FP+ first, freeing up the days to make more when available.

There is no "clock reset" that anyone has seen. It appears to be completely based on how many days you've made FP+ reservations for that are outstanding. If you cancel one, you can make one, so long as you don't have more than 7/14 outstanding.

This actually makes a lot more sense than the previously rumored "X per quarter".

Disney probably hasn't announced anything as they have not officially activated Annual Passholders yet. Those than can do it is simply a side effect. As for multiple reservations, who knows?

Edit: Plus, in your case it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't be able to make FP+ reservations until after your December trip anyways (outside of 60 days), so you'd have to have used all your December FP+ first, freeing up the days to make more when available.

So you think it may be a "rolling" total, and as I use a day, another one is available to book? That is an interesting idea. I think I will leave everything the way it is for the December trip and then try doing January again after I've used a couple days of FP+ to test this theory. If that works, then I will feel much better about the March trip when the parks will be busier. If it doesn't work, then I will still have the option of cancelling a day or two of FP+ on the December trip to hold until March.

So you think it may be a "rolling" total, and as I use a day, another one is available to book? That is an interesting idea. I think I will leave everything the way it is for the December trip and then try doing January again after I've used a couple days of FP+ to test this theory. If that works, then I will feel much better about the March trip when the parks will be busier. If it doesn't work, then I will still have the option of cancelling a day or two of FP+ on the December trip to hold until March.

All the evidence so far is it is a rolling total.

I can see nothing but heartache from speculation from this thread.
I liken it to ADR where people would book multiples, basically blocking out reservations that people ultimately will never show up. Hence now you are forced to reserve every ADR with a credit card.

The fact that Fast Passes are now treated as AAR Advanced Attraction Reservations, Disney could be in a position where in the case of unlimited days for Annual Passes to book FP+ could cause problems by people booking up FP+ and never showing up to the park.

Chances are much higher that a resort guest with room reservation will use booked FPs.

With the old FP system, your ticket wasn't valid to grab FP until it was scanned at the entrance.

Disney certainly has a problem with how to handle advanced FP reservations for Annual Passes that they will need to overcome. By rights as a AP member, I could spend every day in the park. Should that preclude me from getting a FP every day? It wouldnt in the old system. So why should it with the new system?

How are FP+ going to be handled in the long term for Non-AP and Resort guests who now need to book every aspect of their vacation ahead of time. Are daily adhoc FP going away?

There needs to be some kind of self replenishing bank for AP holders that you could piggy back off the quarterly idea.

For each quarter you are given X number of days. Lets say 7 days to come up with a number. For the quarter you can PRE book up 7 days worth of FP. As you check in the Front Gate another day added back to your bank. So you never run out, but precluding you from blocking out every day of the year.

Adding onto this, how do you deal with when a day you Pre book goes by and you don't check in? Do you get some kind of penalty or does they day as it passed just get added back in your bank for the quarter?
So working out quarterly it lets me book 7 days in Q1 and 7 days in Q2.

I can see nothing but heartache from speculation from this thread.
I liken it to ADR where people would book multiples, basically blocking out reservations that people ultimately will never show up. Hence now you are forced to reserve every ADR with a credit card.

The fact that Fast Passes are now treated as AAR Advanced Attraction Reservations, Disney could be in a position where in the case of unlimited days for Annual Passes to book FP+ could cause problems by people booking up FP+ and never showing up to the park.

Chances are much higher that a resort guest with room reservation will use booked FPs.

With the old FP system, your ticket wasn't valid to grab FP until it was scanned at the entrance.

Disney certainly has a problem with how to handle advanced FP reservations for Annual Passes that they will need to overcome. By rights as a AP member, I could spend every day in the park. Should that preclude me from getting a FP every day? It wouldnt in the old system. So why should it with the new system?

How are FP+ going to be handled in the long term for Non-AP and Resort guests who now need to book every aspect of their vacation ahead of time. Are daily adhoc FP going away?

There needs to be some kind of self replenishing bank for AP holders that you could piggy back off the quarterly idea.

For each quarter you are given X number of days. Lets say 7 days to come up with a number. For the quarter you can PRE book up 7 days worth of FP. As you check in the Front Gate another day added back to your bank. So you never run out, but precluding you from blocking out every day of the year.

Adding onto this, how do you deal with when a day you Pre book goes by and you don't check in? Do you get some kind of penalty or does they day as it passed just get added back in your bank for the quarter?
So working out quarterly it lets me book 7 days in Q1 and 7 days in Q2.

There does seem to be a lot of sorting out to do here regarding APs and FPs.

If it turns out that everything gets booked up before non-AP holding resort guests can book FPs, well, there are going to be a lot of package cancellations.

Is no one paying attention? :)

This is nearly a year old rumor, started by someone who isn't around any more, and the thread had been dead for 9 months until today.

There is NO PER QUARTER LIMIT. Of course things could change, but there hasn't even been an inkling of a per quarter limit on AP holders.

It appears that they will have a set limit of outstanding FP+ days reserved, regardless of ticket type, which may be 7 days. So that means that you can make an UNLIMITED amount of FP+ reservations, but only for 7 days at a time. Use one day or cancel a day, and you can make them for another day.

Is no one paying attention? :)

This is nearly a year old rumor, started by someone who isn't around any more, and the thread had been dead for 9 months until today.

There is NO PER QUARTER LIMIT. Of course things could change, but there hasn't even been an inkling of a per quarter limit on AP holders.

It appears that they will have a set limit of outstanding FP+ days reserved, regardless of ticket type, which may be 7 days. So that means that you can make an UNLIMITED amount of FP+ reservations, but only for 7 days at a time. Use one day or cancel a day, and you can make them for another day.

I am. ;)

To second doc, this entire thread is based on a completely bogus claim.

Oh goody! My favorite thread of the entire year! (and that's saying something......)

Does this mean I'm back to being a "superuser"? Last week it had morphed into "superplanner".

And just to add to the public service announcement......... this thread was based on unfounded rumor by a former poster stirring the pot...... :stir:

It IS a rolling total. I have made and used well over 60 days worth of FP+ since July. I currently am holding 5or 6 days worth of FP+, since I have FP+ booked for Tgiving and NYE and both days this weekend. Plus a day or two for other things.

Oh goody! My favorite thread of the entire year! (and that's saying something......)

Does this mean I'm back to being a "superuser"? Last week it had morphed into "superplanner".

And just to add to the public service announcement......... this thread was based on unfounded rumor by a former poster stirring the pot...... :stir:

I much prefer super user. ;)

~I only read the first post and skimmed over the last two pages. But, this is quite possibility one of the dumbest rumors surrounding FP+, that I have ever read.

~I am rolling. on. the. floor. laughing. It is so dumb. My shoes can come up with better concepts for FP+ than this. The fact that so many people reacted to this makes me laugh even harder! :rotfl2: Whoever started this rumor is just seeking to get a rise out of innocent posters and is probably sitting back laughing at them as they make haste to cancel their vacations while pitching a fit.

~The idea of Disney issuing 20 twenty Fastpass every three months is so incomprehensible and ludicrous. More than likely, Fastpasses will be limited per day and will not be any different than resort guests.

~According to the majority here, AP's weren't going to be able to get FP+ at all! It was only for deluxe/and or resort guests. Oh yeah, how much is this supposed to cost us again, lol?!
:rotfl:

~Why do you always have to mock my opinion? I had no intention of ever posting in this thread. I think FP+ is going to be even more fabulous now! That's my opinion and I won't ever mock you for yours, I don't even care, really. :goodvibes

~Anyway, I am so excited about FP+, it's going to be so fabulous. The system was very broken. If regular Fastpass was so great, why was there an overwhelming amount of people who hoarded fastpasses to use later in the evening! It wasn't perfect -- every single day this forum was cluttered with complaint after complaint from guests who experienced problems using late FP's.

~There were more and more ugly confrontations and late FP usage was becoming problematic. Disney had to issue a nationwide press release to all of the media outlets labeling Disney guests as line cutters and Fastpass abusers, they made the message very clear, that the practice of using late FP's was not appreciated.

~Fastpass+ will give me more options and more freedom in the parks to tour the way I desire. I don't have to worry about waiting until some unknown time for my return window, and then another unknown time to pull another Fastpass, etc.

~I love the fact that I won't have to criss cross the parks just to pull a fastpass, it's very time consuming and tiring. I will already have my FP's before I enter the parks. Now, I can spend more time doing the things that I enjoy! So far, I have not found anything logical to make me not want FP+. Actually, I'm even more excited about FP+, plus I can't wait to buy the cute RFID bracelets to coordinate with my outfits. Yay! :goodvibes

~Heck, I should just start a rumor about AP's getting 10 FP's a day, everyday for the whole year. Is that better? Anyway, this is just total nonsense. Unsubscribed....
:goodvibes
~Wow, it's almost been a year and sadly the conversation is still the same. Some things will never change, lol. This thread is no different than all the other threads on this board. :coffee:

I feel like you are arguing against an impossible scenario, unlimited same-day FPs, when no one is taking the position that unlimited FPs could ever exist. They certainly don't currently exist.

I am merely taking the position that same-day FPs certainly will exist in some form.

We have no way of knowing how many FPs will be left after preselection. We do not know how many FPs there will be in total nor do we know if any will be held back for same-day use or what FP rules will be in effect if same-day FPs are offered.

Under the current system, using your math, everyone isn't able to obtain a fastpass for their preferred ride, so I guess that I'm not seeing the issue. Just because every single park goer isn't able to obtain a FP (or FP+), doesn't mean that FPs won't (or aren't) offered.

In my mind, I was equating 'off-site' in his post with 'same day'. It was clearly a mental disconnect that I was having. Thanks for helping me clear that up.
We all already deal with this issue when getting an airplane seat assigned or a meal reservation or a golf reservation or a thousand other scenarios. Still, we fly, eat, and play.
Interestingly (or not), my family never misses Nemo and the Land, but almost never ride Test Track and only bother with Space about half the time or less. I have little doubt that this will change as the kids get older. My point is, not everyone has the same 'must dos'. My family is very likely to use our advance FP+s on parades, shows and characters (and IASW. My wife isn't leaving the park without riding that ride). Other families will concentrate on 'big three' rides and others will go after whatever their must-dos are.

Either way, they are going to run out of FPs (or FP+s) if every guest wants one for a particular ride. That mere fact hasn't stopped them from offering FPs previously and I don't see why it would necessarily forbid them from offering some amount of same-day FP+s in the future.

Regardless of whether same-day FP+s are offered, it's pretty obvious that the way you and I attack a park will be changed by FP+. We will almost certainly not be able to get as many FPs as before and definitely won't be able to get as many same-ride FPs as before. (The days of riding riding a headliner 5 times in one day without standing in a long line are gone.)

It is also certainly true that the company profits more per visit from a first-time or once-every-several-years visitor then they do from a frequent visitor as our closets are already full of Mickey Ts and hats so we don't buy them very often.

That being said, I don't see this change chasing too many of us (frequent guests) away. The last FP change didn't drive us off. The regular price increases don't drive us off. Massive increases in the price of airline tickets and gas diesn't drive us off. Many of us diehards are going to keep going and adapt to whatever changes come our way. Disney is our happy place.

I also suspect that for every one of us that reaches whatever limit he has and stops being a regular visitor, there will be a person who loves the changes and becomes a regular visitor.
~Wow. I didn't realize just how much I miss dadddio. OMG, his posts are the *best* posts in this entire thread! Awww, I miss him so much! :( Oh, yeah melodious and mickeyminniemom are fabulous, too! Very sharp ladies. :cool1:

What you should consider is reading up on more current threads. This thread died months before any significant testing for AP holders was done. :)

This was a rumor that has not come to pass.

Details are still sketchy at the moment as AP holders have not been able to make FP+ reservations outside of getting a reservation first, but once active, can continue to use FP+ outside of a reservation.

With a reservation, you can make FP+ selections for the length of your reservation (as long as you have an equivalent number of days on your tickets).

An AP holder outside of a reservation can reserve FP+ up to a total of 7 or 14 days of outstanding FP+ reservations. Once you use/cancel one, you can make another one. There is currently NO limit per quarter.

Some get 7 days, some get 14 - we haven't figured out why there is a difference.

Do you think the difference could be regular AP vs Premium AP?? I'm a PAP holder (DVC) and had no problem pulling 14 days worth during my last trip.

I see where you're going but you are then penalizing those of us who book a longer vacation. For us, the breakeven for an AP is 10 days so we usually schedule 2 nine day trips. So if we are limited to only booking 7 days at a time (yes we hit the parks every day) then I would be 53 days behind everyone else staying at that time making FP+'s if I have to wait til the end of day 1 to make FP+ for day 8. Not all AP holders are FL residents (we're from IL), we just make sure to plan our next trip 355 from our last one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter