Aquatica Trip Report - Cabana Rental etc.

rthib

Mouseketeer
Just got back from Orlando.

We decided to put our Super Grover passes to use again and spent the day at Aquatica.
Since it was Easter week, figured it would be worth it to splurge and rent a Standard Cabana for the day.

For some reason the Passholder discount was not working on website, so I called to make reservation and received 10% discount.

Once you get to the waterpark you go to reservations where they have your cabana number and info.
One of the interesting perks is that you get a 20% discount at stores but also a 50% discount if you make reservations the Seaworld Makahiki Luai that day (you can book for any day in the future, just have to reserve it that day)

The Cabana was nice and recommend if you have folks who like to get out of the sun. The one we had were located in an area between the wave pool and Omaka Rocks.
It comes with Two loungers, Two Chairs and two low beach chairs. Towels are provided as well as a refrigerator stocked with 12 bottles of water and a locker. Both were great as we all like to read our kindles and having them close by to read, but safe when went were away was nice. We were also able to store some fruit we brought along in the the frig to keep it cool.
It also has a ceiling fan that you can control..
One of the downsides to Cabana is that it is in a shaded area, great for keeping cool but for the girls who want a lounger to lay out they had to lay out almost in the walkway to find sun. Since it is private area, not much traffic but still a warning. Also, it is not very "beach like". More like being on a concrete slab in your back yard. Even though you are next to the wave pool, it is quiet in the area, so you can get in a good nap.
The family across from us had a baby and they were very happy to have a cool, quiet place for mom and baby to sleep.

As for the park, it is standard water park. The Seaworld touch is in my opinion very lite. From the site it looks like you will be surrounded by animals in the water park, but I saw very little. The dolphins were neat, but you do not see them at all in the waterslide. Once side is too shallow for the dolphins and the other, even if they happen to be close, you are spayed with water and the tube is a little hazy so you really can't see much. You can see them from a glass viewing window next to pool.
The lazy river that goes by the dolphins and tropical fish was same. You get similar view of dolphin pool as you get just by walking. As for the Tropical Fish, Imagine a large aquarium of fish like you see in a doctors office. Now put rocks around it. That is all it is.
So if you like waterparks it is as fun as any other water park.
If you have a pass that is free I would recommend, but I do not think it is anything special.

I also bought the Banana Beach Cookout all you can eat (you get a pass holder discount on this).
Food was what you usually see on the kids table at a buffet.
Pulled Pork, Chicken Tenders, Hot Dogs, Pasta, Pizza, Mac & Cheese, Brownies, Water Mellon, Rice Crispie Treats.
All pretty unremarkable.
You have to go to Cookout to eat or drink and can not take food out with you.
Sort of a pain.
It was ok for us as I was being lazy, so I would stroll over to snack every so often - but I don't think it is a good idea for most.

Again, plus side is that the area is pretty uncrowded, so it is a way to get some quiet.

Thanks, this is helpful. We are going next week and I am on the fence about the cabana!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Just got back so still fresh in my head.

Also wondering why I came back home, just saw that we may be under a freeze warning here in MN.

Thanks for the review. Is the locker inside the cabana? And I read that the cabana comes with a bottle of sunscreen, do they still do that? We have a "pool view"cabana rented for next month, is this the same one you got? Thanks

Thanks for the review. Is the locker inside the cabana? And I read that the cabana comes with a bottle of sunscreen, do they still do that? We have a "pool view"cabana rented for next month, is this the same one you got? Thanks

Didn't see any sunscreen and don't recall that being listed on items.
You get Sunscreen at Discovery Cove but I don't think you get it here.
We had our own so no big deal.

The locker is in the cabana. It is on top of the refrigerator.
There is a base, the a refrigerator (think Dorm room size with a glass door. A little larger but about that size, then on top of that is the locker.

The pool view ones were part of the same area, though they had a view of the pool.
In my humble opinion not worth the extra money.
They are a little louder and all you get to see is the pool.
You are not able to walk from the Cabanna into the pool, as you are located about halfway up the wave pool, about where the lifeguard sits.

I liked being away from the pool and the noise, but that's me.

We are renting one for our trip next month so mom and DD 2.5 can have a place to hang out :) One good thing is that I can get one just for us, we have a larger group going but only those with the wristbands can get in. My brother and his family can go rent their own :) I wish DC would do that, since we have all the tickets under one name we have to rent 2 there because we have more than 6 going with the baby. Doesn't matter if they don't use it :(

Didn't see any sunscreen and don't recall that being listed on items.
You get Sunscreen at Discovery Cove but I don't think you get it here.
We had our own so no big deal.

The locker is in the cabana. It is on top of the refrigerator.
There is a base, the a refrigerator (think Dorm room size with a glass door. A little larger but about that size, then on top of that is the locker.

The pool view ones were part of the same area, though they had a view of the pool.
In my humble opinion not worth the extra money.
They are a little louder and all you get to see is the pool.
You are not able to walk from the Cabanna into the pool, as you are located about halfway up the wave pool, about where the lifeguard sits.

I liked being away from the pool and the noise, but that's me.

Thanks so much! It will be nice to have a shaded area to go back to when my 2 year old gets tired.

Just got back from Orlando.

We decided to put our Super Grover passes to use again and spent the day at Aquatica.
Since it was Easter week, figured it would be worth it to splurge and rent a Standard Cabana for the day.

For some reason the Passholder discount was not working on website, so I called to make reservation and received 10% discount.

Once you get to the waterpark you go to reservations where they have your cabana number and info.
One of the interesting perks is that you get a 20% discount at stores but also a 50% discount if you make reservations the Seaworld Makahiki Luai that day (you can book for any day in the future, just have to reserve it that day)

The Cabana was nice and recommend if you have folks who like to get out of the sun. The one we had were located in an area between the wave pool and Omaka Rocks.
It comes with Two loungers, Two Chairs and two low beach chairs. Towels are provided as well as a refrigerator stocked with 12 bottles of water and a locker. Both were great as we all like to read our kindles and having them close by to read, but safe when went were away was nice. We were also able to store some fruit we brought along in the the frig to keep it cool.
It also has a ceiling fan that you can control..
One of the downsides to Cabana is that it is in a shaded area, great for keeping cool but for the girls who want a lounger to lay out they had to lay out almost in the walkway to find sun. Since it is private area, not much traffic but still a warning. Also, it is not very "beach like". More like being on a concrete slab in your back yard. Even though you are next to the wave pool, it is quiet in the area, so you can get in a good nap.
The family across from us had a baby and they were very happy to have a cool, quiet place for mom and baby to sleep.

As for the park, it is standard water park. The Seaworld touch is in my opinion very lite. From the site it looks like you will be surrounded by animals in the water park, but I saw very little. The dolphins were neat, but you do not see them at all in the waterslide. Once side is too shallow for the dolphins and the other, even if they happen to be close, you are spayed with water and the tube is a little hazy so you really can't see much. You can see them from a glass viewing window next to pool.
The lazy river that goes by the dolphins and tropical fish was same. You get similar view of dolphin pool as you get just by walking. As for the Tropical Fish, Imagine a large aquarium of fish like you see in a doctors office. Now put rocks around it. That is all it is.
So if you like waterparks it is as fun as any other water park.
If you have a pass that is free I would recommend, but I do not think it is anything special.

I also bought the Banana Beach Cookout all you can eat (you get a pass holder discount on this).
Food was what you usually see on the kids table at a buffet.
Pulled Pork, Chicken Tenders, Hot Dogs, Pasta, Pizza, Mac & Cheese, Brownies, Water Mellon, Rice Crispie Treats.
All pretty unremarkable.
You have to go to Cookout to eat or drink and can not take food out with you.
Sort of a pain.
It was ok for us as I was being lazy, so I would stroll over to snack every so often - but I don't think it is a good idea for most.

Again, plus side is that the area is pretty uncrowded, so it is a way to get some quiet.

This was IMMENSELY helpful. I, too, got the Super Grover passes for the first time. We are planning on going to Aquatica on Tuesday and the Luau on Friday. So, if I understand you correctly, I can book the Luau for Friday on Tuesday and get a 50% discount? That is a huge help! Were the water bottles included with the rental or do you get charged for each one you take?

Thanks again for this.

This was IMMENSELY helpful. I, too, got the Super Grover passes for the first time. We are planning on going to Aquatica on Tuesday and the Luau on Friday. So, if I understand you correctly, I can book the Luau for Friday on Tuesday and get a 50% discount? That is a huge help! Were the water bottles included with the rental or do you get charged for each one you take?

Thanks again for this.

50% - Yes, when you go pick up you Cabana info you can book the Luau then for the discount.
The water is included in the rental so they are free.
We took the extras home with us, saved a trip to the store.

50% - Yes, when you go pick up you Cabana info you can book the Luau then for the discount.

Fabulous! Thank you so much for your reply. Thinking the price of the waters, towel rental, locker rental, and finding chairs (and hoping nobody moves your stuff) would be negated by going for the cabana rental. Plus, if one of those storms roll through a great place to find cover. Guess I'll put that on my list of next week.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thinking the price of the waters, towel rental, locker rental, and finding chairs (and hoping nobody moves your stuff) would be negated by going for the cabana rental. Plus, if one of those storms roll through a great place to find cover.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Thanks OP for this great thread. I have been sitting on the fence as far as the cabana goes, but not I'm thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and reserve.

Wonder how fast they book up? Our trip is the last week of August.

I'm wondering how much the passholder discount is in August too...we are going to Orlando the 3rd week of August :)

My apologies if I have missed the answer to this question along the way, but is the locker that's in the cabana a "small" locker or a "large" one?

Crunching the numbers here.....

Assuming its a "large" locker, that's a value of $29.95.

Four towels would be a $16.00 value.

12 water bottles would be.....$2 each? (I am guessing here.....at a Canadian theme park, we are looking at between $3.50 and $4.50 for bottled water, but I know the US venues are much cheaper). So maybe a value of $24?

That's $70 so far. We would also save on in-park merchandise and food (20%) if I am reading the information on the site correctly.

The price of the cabana for our week is $99.99 per day. Add to the savings listed above the exclusive use of a private area, a safe place to keep our stuff, lounge chairs that we don't have to fight for, and shelter in the case of a mid-day rainstorm, I think I may be sold.

If my numbers seem off, someone feel free to correct me.

that's quite the discount for the luau

we've been mulling over a cabana rental too but found it confusing as to the different types/locations, this thread is helping alot:thumbsup2

My apologies if I have missed the answer to this question along the way, but is the locker that's in the cabana a "small" locker or a "large" one?

Crunching the numbers here.....

Assuming its a "large" locker, that's a value of $29.95.

Four towels would be a $16.00 value.

12 water bottles would be.....$2 each? (I am guessing here.....at a Canadian theme park, we are looking at between $3.50 and $4.50 for bottled water, but I know the US venues are much cheaper). So maybe a value of $24?

That's $70 so far. We would also save on in-park merchandise and food (20%) if I am reading the information on the site correctly.

The price of the cabana for our week is $99.99 per day. Add to the savings listed above the exclusive use of a private area, a safe place to keep our stuff, lounge chairs that we don't have to fight for, and shelter in the case of a mid-day rainstorm, I think I may be sold.

If my numbers seem off, someone feel free to correct me.

I was getting similar calculations. I believe it is the large locker but not positive. I figured between those and the savings for the luau (which we were doing anyway) we would actually make money by "renting" the cabana.

that's quite the discount for the luau

we've been mulling over a cabana rental too but found it confusing as to the different types/locations, this thread is helping alot:thumbsup2

I agree.

OP - do you know if the 50% luau discount is only with Cabana rental or with attendance at Aquatica?

I was getting similar calculations. I believe it is the large locker but not positive. I figured between those and the savings for the luau (which we were doing anyway) we would actually make money by "renting" the cabana.

I just called Aquatica and inquired about the locker size. "Jaime" at the call center says that she believes it is a small locker that is included in the standard cabana. Apparently there is also a second locker in the cabana with no lock (which would then just be unsecured storage).

She also confirmed that you can cancel without penalty 24 hours or more in advance, should your plans change or the forecast be infavourable. Less than 24 hours in advance and they will rebook you for another date at no charge.

OP - do you know if the 50% luau discount is only with Cabana rental or with attendance at Aquatica?

I called to book our cabana yesterday and was told that the discount is reserved for those getting a Cabana. Now for those planning on going, you can only book using the discount on the day you have your cabana and if they have availability. So if your going during peak times and if that dinner sells out then you will not be able to go :eek:

I think the Luau sounds like fun but we are going to wait until the Sunday we get there in May to book ours for that Wednesday night. It is a nice to do but not a have to do for us so we are going to take the chance and go only if we can get the discount.

I just didn't want anyone to have their hearts set on going and not be able to because all the seats were gone. I do not know if this sells out in adavance or how far out it might sell out during peak times. :dance3:

Bit the bullet and booked for the last week of August :banana: .

Now to keep those fingers crossed for pleasant waterpark weather :cool1: (read: no hurricanes!!).

I just called Aquatica and inquired about the locker size. "Jaime" at the call center says that she believes it is a small locker that is included in the standard cabana. Apparently there is also a second locker in the cabana with no lock (which would then just be unsecured storage).

She also confirmed that you can cancel without penalty 24 hours or more in advance, should your plans change or the forecast be infavourable. Less than 24 hours in advance and they will rebook you for another date at no charge.

I called to book our cabana yesterday and was told that the discount is reserved for those getting a Cabana. Now for those planning on going, you can only book using the discount on the day you have your cabana and if they have availability. So if your going during peak times and if that dinner sells out then you will not be able to go :eek:

I think the Luau sounds like fun but we are going to wait until the Sunday we get there in May to book ours for that Wednesday night. It is a nice to do but not a have to do for us so we are going to take the chance and go only if we can get the discount.

I just didn't want anyone to have their hearts set on going and not be able to because all the seats were gone. I do not know if this sells out in adavance or how far out it might sell out during peak times. :dance3:

Thank you both. That information is VERY helpful. We are going the week of May 14th. Not sure if that is considered "peak" time or not. I'm thinking we may take the chance on waiting until the day we get our cabana to book the luau. That is quite a hefty discount. I'm not sure if the luau sells out ahead of time but I have heard that they assign seating based on when you book.

Thank you both again. I appreciate you sharing the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter