Aquatica Trip Report - Cabana Rental etc.

Received an email reply from SeaWorld with the official size of the lockers (among a couple of other things):

"Thank you for contacting our SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment family of parks. We appreciate your questions; they are valuable in helping us improve our high level of service that we strive to provide.

1. Our cabana lockers are 19 inches deep, 2 ft wide and 21 inches tall.
2. Our cancellation and refund policy is as follows: we will provide a full refund with a minimum of 24 hours notice of the date of the scheduled cabana rental. We will also be able to rebook your reservation if you notify us within 24 hours of your scheduled cabana rental. Unfortunately, there will be no refund in this case or if you do not arrive at your cabana on your scheduled date or if you notify us after the date of your rental.
3. The 20% discount you receive is on merchandise items only and does not include culinary purchases"

So now we know! :)

I'm wondering how much the passholder discount is in August too...we are going to Orlando the 3rd week of August :)

Discount is 10% off whatever the rate is for that period.
The rates change based on time of year (and popularity).

As for the Luau, I would risk it.

In my opinion it is good but not great.
Food is ok (Dessert is just aweful) and the show is fun.
Food is not a buffet, they bring you a plate with all three foods just like at a regular meal (or any large event).
It is indoor, so you lose the Luau on the beach feel.

It was worth it for 50% off price, but definitely not worth it at full price.

Discount is 10% off whatever the rate is for that period.
The rates change based on time of year (and popularity).

As for the Luau, I would risk it.

In my opinion it is good but not great.
Food is ok (Dessert is just aweful) and the show is fun.
Food is not a buffet, they bring you a plate with all three foods just like at a regular meal (or any large event).
It is indoor, so you lose the Luau on the beach feel.

It was worth it for 50% off price, but definitely not worth it at full price.

Thanks for your advice. I think I will take your advice and chance it. I agree, that is a pretty hefty price tag (full price) for the luau. We have a bunch of restaurant.com gift certificates for Orlando area restaurants and have the 99 cent kids meal at T Rex/Rainforest so we have a backup if the luau is full.

Thanks for your advice. I think I will take your advice and chance it. I agree, that is a pretty hefty price tag (full price) for the luau. We have a bunch of restaurant.com gift certificates for Orlando area restaurants and have the 99 cent kids meal at T Rex/Rainforest so we have a backup if the luau is full.

If you have kids, I would skip the luau.
Only once chance to get up. Otherwise kids will have to sit and be quiet for a long time.

We enjoyed T Rex, ended up making two stuffed Dinosaurs at the Build-a-Dino workshop.

If you just want some shade, there is also the option of reserving an umbrella and two chairs. Depending on when you go, it can cost as little as $19.99. We're doing this on our upcoming trip in a couple of weeks. DH has no interest in water parks and will just sit and read. Last year we arrived mid-day and walked all around the park looking for a shaded area, so it's worth it to us to pay a few dollars and have a reserved spot. We never stay more than a few hours, so we wouldn't get much use out of the cabana.

If you have kids, I would skip the luau.
Only once chance to get up. Otherwise kids will have to sit and be quiet for a long time.

We enjoyed T Rex, ended up making two stuffed Dinosaurs at the Build-a-Dino workshop.

I do have children, a DD9 and DS4. Do you happen to remember how much the stuffed Dinosaur was?

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions. It is very much appreciated.

I do have children, a DD9 and DS4. Do you happen to remember how much the stuffed Dinosaur was?

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions. It is very much appreciated.

$18-20 if I recall.
But lots of accessories and clothes you can buy.
They also have a Camo Dino that I saw a bunch of boys get.
My wife got dotty.

If you want to look ahead you can go to
http://www.buildadino.com
or to keep from spoiling the surprise wait until you get there.

Also, if you can not get an advance reservation, try calling or walk-up, they usually have reservations.

It is a Build-A-Bear, so you pick out, stuff and give it a name.

If you just want some shade, there is also the option of reserving an umbrella and two chairs. Depending on when you go, it can cost as little as $19.99. We're doing this on our upcoming trip in a couple of weeks. DH has no interest in water parks and will just sit and read. Last year we arrived mid-day and walked all around the park looking for a shaded area, so it's worth it to us to pay a few dollars and have a reserved spot. We never stay more than a few hours, so we wouldn't get much use out of the cabana.

One thing of note is that you have to have a chair for each person, so if you have three people, you can not rent just two. You have to buy two sets.
If you have just two folks, I recommend the chairs (closer to all-you-can-eat food), but three or 5, cabana is probably better deal, especially if you need locker.

$18-20 if I recall.
But lots of accessories and clothes you can buy.
They also have a Camo Dino that I saw a bunch of boys get.
My wife got dotty.

If you want to look ahead you can go to
http://www.buildadino.com
or to keep from spoiling the surprise wait until you get there.

Also, if you can not get an advance reservation, try calling or walk-up, they usually have reservations.

It is a Build-A-Bear, so you pick out, stuff and give it a name.

Thanks...AGAIN. ;)

I didn't realize it was the same franchise as Build A Bear. My children have Build A Bear gift certificates...I wonder if they will honor them? Thinking I will bring them just in case. This is something my DS4 will really want to do.

We went April 18th

Arrive about 10 minutes early but lines were not long. Soon as we got in we headed over to get our wrist bands for the cabana I rented. We also signed up for the family picnic. The one thing about the picnic everyone had to get the same meal. We ordered sub, brownies and we could get either water or soda. They also offered 50% off Seaworld's Luau. The catch is you have to take advantage of the 50% off that day. You could go anytime during your stay but you must book it that day. We booked it for Thursday.

The Cabana was quiet and well shaded. It came with 6 towels,12 waters, a locker and a fridge. Well worth the $. We had a meeting point if we got separated,wanted to read and a place to eat without crowds.

Pic of Cabana
1ee1f155.jpg
415c6b9c.jpg

Went down the slide with the dolphins. Nice marketing gimmick but only rode it once. Didn't really see the dolphins but there is an observation area

5e889965.jpg

Went down a few slides and the lazy river on tubes. Our favorite was Rollin Rapids using the life vests

780f8a76.jpg

I will say this about the Luau and this is my opinion

The food sucked and the entertainment was just OK. My wife's opinion was it was not worth if it was 75% off. The couple we sat with left as soon as they tasted the food.

We just it back from our trip today. We got there early and was ale to get in and get our wristbands and had Cabana 3. So FYI I suggest trying for the really high number ones. Ours backed up to the road so while baby napped all I heard were trucks :(. But it was great to have and everyone had a blast.

They did not count the baby in the head count so my brother and his family was able to join us. This gave us a great meeting area and we had a blast. Very slow day so not very much of a wait for most slides. We had 14 waters and took many if them home.

We were going to do the all you can eat deal but heard several ppl complaining about it and just went to the grill instead. Forgot about the picnic or we would have preordered it instead.

When we go back again I would get the cabana again no problems :)

There's a lot of conversation about the cabanas, so i'll ask here.

According to the Aquatica web site, they have pool view cabanas that have a view of the wave pools. So they obviously must be near them. Where are the standard cabanas located? Are they scattered throughout the park...or are they also near the wave polls but don't face them?

We went three times last August and rented a cabana each time. I think the Aquatica site has a map showing where they are located, but to the best of my knowledge, all the standard and pool view cabanas areas are on the outside walls of the two wave pools. One area to the right and one to the left of the wave pools. The only difference between standard and pool view I could see was the view. I did not see any other cabanas in these categories while at the park or on its map. I think there are three deluxe cabanas on the island in the middle of the two pools.

we rented a pool view cabana last summer and it was fantastic! A pool view cabana faces the wave pool. If you don't get this category of cabana you are still located near the wave pool but further in from the gate/entry with no view (just a walkway and other cabanas and trees/shrubbery). All the cabanas are situated around the two wave pools. The island inbetween both wave pools has the premium cabanas. I enjoyed the pool view. I could sit in my cabana but have a great view of my girls playing in the wave pool. Or I could just pull one of my loungers/chairs right up to the rope area looking out into the pool. It was a short walk from the cabana entrance. The fridge was nice to have, and large too, filled with 8 (I think) Aquafina water bottles. The large locker with key lock came in handy too. And you get 4 towels. We picked up lunch at one of the service counters and brought it back to the cabana and enjoyed our meal there under the nice ceiling fan. I even had a nap!

The only negative was that it started to thunder around 3pm, and because there was thunder/lightning, we were told we couldn't stay in the shelter of our private cabana because of the metal poles! We had to leave the cabana and seek shelter in the buildings. But the entire park can't possibly fit in the few buildings, and I saw tons of people standing under umbrellas all over the park!:confused3

We were there on an overcast day. I would imagine being at Aquatica on a sunny day, it probably would have made a bigger difference for us. If you don't get a cabana, you can find lots of large umbrellas/loungers on the beach by the wave pools. very easy to do if you go first thing in the morning.

I know you can't bring alcohol into the park and you can get beer on site at the restaurants, but will the servers bring you beer to the cabana or no?

I know you can't bring alcohol into the park and you can get beer on site at the restaurants, but will the servers bring you beer to the cabana or no?

We rented a cabana twice on our August trip. Neither time did the cabana attendants offer to bring food or alcohol to our cabana for us. There was usually only one (occasionally we saw two) attendant for our group of cabanas at any given time, so it would be difficult for them to bring beverages to individual families with such little staffing in this area. The cabana staffers were more there to ensure only cabana guests get access to that area, and provide directions and general assistance when necessary.

Now at Discovery Cove, its a different story. You have a personal cabana person assigned to you, and they take care of your every whim. They definitely DO bring you alcohol to your cabana!

We rented a cabana twice on our August trip. Neither time did the cabana attendants offer to bring food or alcohol to our cabana for us. There was usually only one (occasionally we saw two) attendant for our group of cabanas at any given time, so it would be difficult for them to bring beverages to individual families with such little staffing in this area. The cabana staffers were more there to ensure only cabana guests get access to that area, and provide directions and general assistance when necessary.

Now at Discovery Cove, its a different story. You have a personal cabana person assigned to you, and they take care of your every whim. They definitely DO bring you alcohol to your cabana!

Thanks Gina - we went ahead and booked the premium cabana at Aquatica (this one) for our day in April.

Enjoy your day in one of two premium cabanas located on the island between our two wave pools. These cabanas feature upgraded furniture on this private island. This exclusive area can only accommodate a maximum of four guests per rental. Price includes a maximum of 4 guests total.

Hopefully we'll get some special service with the premium but it won't ruin my day if we don't! We did Discovery Cove last time we were there, that was before they had the cabanas, but I found that the day was so full with us being in the pools that we probably wouldn't have used them much anyway. We're planning on a full day out with about half in the pool and half spent lounging this time!

Even if we have to get our own beers, looking forward to the privacy and a place to go "hide" from the infinite kiddos :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter