Are Entertainments rates out yet?

mep319

<font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c
Haven't been on the Universal boards lately and was wondering if the entertainment rates for 2004 out yet?? I heard it should be happening in September...Thanks for keeping me updated!

Called yesterday, the day before, and again today and they are not out yet. I was told in the next couple of weeks, but who knows. I get a different answer almost every time that I call.

Same here. It's so frustrating. I know the reservation agents are sick of hearing from me. When they ask "May I have your name please?" I cringe at saying my name. I had one agent say "Oh, I remember you." :p just kidding.

I feel the same way calling all the time, but the last time I called (this past Friday), the rep suggested I call at least weekly to inquire about discount rates. So I don't feel quite so guilty about bugging them. 'Course if the rates would come out, we'd all call and book and not be bothering them every few days!! :rolleyes:

Well this morning my call was not well received. I was told that I was wasting my time to call back before the end of October. They WOULD NOT be out till then.
I told her I was calling because I had been told last week it would be any time, and to call back so I wouldn't miss out.
Can they get their story straight?

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
Same here. It's so frustrating. I know the reservation agents are sick of hearing from me. When they ask "May I have your name please?" I cringe at saying my name. I had one agent say "Oh, I remember you." :p just kidding.

Why do they need to know your name in order to tell you whether or not the entertainment rates are out?:confused:

Wow! I can't believe they were so rude... That is part of their job...if they would tell us when they were coming out they wouldn't be getting all the unnecessary calls! Thanks for the update!

I totally agree... if they'd tell us when the entertainment rates/discounts are REALLY coming out then we wouldn't all be calling so often. They have no one to blame but themselves!

I called the 888-UESCAPE number tonight and was told the rates would be out the 3rd week in October. The girl I spoke with said they are bugging the powers above because they are getting so many phone calls from people looking for discounts. She was very polite and helpful. I will not however wait 3 weeks before checking again!!

Doris,

They don't need your name to give you the rates. It's that they answer the phone: "Thank you for calling Universal Orlando. This is (their name) may I have your name please?"

Then they find out what you are calling for.

You know what is my peeve, is when I tell them I would like to get rates for the Royal Pacific and they proceed to tell me ALL about it. I have heard the "spill" like 10 times. LOL

LadyRose,

I agree, but they are just doing their job. I had a friend who worked in a reservation place and they got "shop called" regularly. If they didn't do it correctly, (scripted) then they would get reprimanded and or fired.

So as annoying as it can get, just grin and bear it. I have heard it so much, that I could tell them about it...LOL....:p

I know, I know, I'm sorry, but sigh I just can't stand it any more (after 10 times). :)
I will say this, I haven't cut anyone off in their "spill", although I have been very tempted. I think next time I will lie and tell them I have stayed there before. LOL

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
Doris,

They don't need your name to give you the rates. It's that they answer the phone: "Thank you for calling Universal Orlando. This is (their name) may I have your name please?"

Then they find out what you are calling for.

Thanks for replying.

is there just the one number that everyone calls for the entertainment rate?? 888-UESCAPE, i will not be able to get a discount on APN, FLO, FAN, so i guess the entertainment rate will be the best i can do unless universal does something on there own.
thanks

Brooke1, you can also call 1 800 BE A STAR or
Loews 1 800 23 LOEWS
If you are a AAA member you can also ask about that rate.
Loews also has a promotional rate available certain dates the promo code is PROLOV

Good Luck!

I just confirmed a reservation I had on a 10-day hold at RPR in February for four nights. I asked about discounts telling her I had an Entertainment Card, Fan Club Card, AAA and AARP. The reservationist at 1-800-23-LOEWS told me that the discounts will come out AFTER THANKSGIVING. I was very surprised to hear that because I thought they would be out at the end of October or early November.

Anyway, just wanted to share the info I got today.

I hope the person you spoke to is WRONG!! How disappointing!

I think we should all keep calling, since we continue to get different answers every day. :confused:

thanks for the phone numbers, I also called reservations at universal 888-322-5541 i have already made a ressie with them for may 28 thru june 1........... the lady i talked to (wanda) very nice also told me to call back in NOV.
:mad: :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter