Are Fish Extenders being allowed yet?

SuziQZee

Mouseketeer
I haven't been on the Disboards in a long time so please be patient with me if I am bringing up a topic that has been put to rest. I have family friends who are taking a 7 day cruise at the end of March and are taking my DD who used to babysit their DD 6 years ago. They did not know of fish extenders but have seen them on other cruises. I was going to surprise them with all the things needed to be part of this but as I'm looking through, I am skeptical that FE are even allowed right now. Can someone help me with this? I would like to surprise their 11 yr old cuz she would absolutely be so into it but if they aren't, maybe I can just send a FE with my adult DD and have her put it up and put little gifts in for the 11 yr old just from us? This would allow her to get the FE experience without having to be a part of a large group who is exchanging items.

Thanks for any help I can get!!
Susie

Thank you for this info!! Do you think I would be allowed to send a FE to hang up for our adults to put our own little gifts inside? So they would not actually be exchanging gifts with other staterooms but giving our own11 yr old little gifts from ourselves??

As long as they keep it in their room and don't hang it outside their door on the fish or starfish, it should be fine. Just make sure to emphasis this, inside, not outside.

And that they may see others getting around Disneys rules or just plan ignoring the rules. Theres always the people who think the rules dont apply to them!

Ok, understood! Thank you!! My DD is 26 so I will give all the instructions and supplies to her so she can take care of this. Do you know if there is a reasonable place inside the door to hang this from?? We haven't been on a Disney cruise since 2010 and I wouldn't be able to remember what it looked like, even if I wanted to! 😂

Of course!! Thank you! See...this is why I knew this would be the place to get good info!

I'm assuming outside/inside magnetic door decorations are still ok?

From Disney Cruise Website On the Ship: Know Before You Go

Last Updated: January 13, 2022

Hanging Gift Bags on Stateroom Doors (Fish Extenders)

Door-to-door gift exchanges (via “fish extenders”) among Guests are not permitted at this time.
I cruised on theWonder 2/14-2/18 2022. And there were several FE on my deck. I had extra magnets from our exchange and gifted them to them. deck 7

Some people think the rules don't apply to them!!
Or maybe they didn’t know? !

they were up the entire cruise and if DCL wanted them taken down then I am sure they would have left a note for them. They were up the whole voyage.

I thought it was a little ridiculous to say they are not allowed when it really has zero to do with DCL.

I put magnets on my door and DvC put a large magnet on there also.

we also hid cruise ducks.

we personally didn’t have a FE up but we were not in an exchange for it either.

Ok, understood! Thank you!! My DD is 26 so I will give all the instructions and supplies to her so she can take care of this. Do you know if there is a reasonable place inside the door to hang this from?? We haven't been on a Disney cruise since 2010 and I wouldn't be able to remember what it looked like, even if I wanted to! 😂

There are also hooks on the wall, outside the bathroom. That's where we hang out "shoe holder" now.

The exchange isn't currently allowed, but it's okay to hang your fish extender outside your door if you like. Magnets on the stateroom door are also fine.

Hopefully soon, these restrictions will be a thing of the past.

My kids love the fish extender and I was thinking if we can't participate in an exchange I might hang ours up and just put gifts for my kids in it because they so look forward to it. Just some extra magic. I am also secretly hoping that we might see some relaxation in these things by summer, but I guess only time will tell.

Bump… I couldn’t find the spot where it’s not allowed. Was the restriction removed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter