Are most AP holders Signature Plus?

Arizona Deluxe AP holders here. Well, not anymore as they just expired. We may do them again in a year or so but will probably do Signature this time (who knows what might be offered though). We found the Deluxe blackout dates to be a bit of a hamper this year.

I think of it as $75 more because I'd be paying $75 for MaxPass anyway. I'm on the fence as to which pass to buy because I'm worried they might add more blocked dates to the Signature once SWGE opens.
I would go for the Signature plus...I have it now..If I decide to renew, I can't see myself dropping even to signature. This who SWGE blockout stuff makes me nervous too.

I dunno, we went over Memorial weekend, and with blockouts, it was one of the best trips we have had. I realize Christmas weekend will be busier, but the blockouts I am sure help. Wish us luck!
I wish you a lot of luck. We will be there too. We were there Memorial Day weekend. It was great. Not sure when you are going, but the days leading up to Christmas will be less crowded than from the 26-31. All it really takes is lowered expectations and planning.

We are going to break in our APs this Sat-Tues. 1st timers with any type of AP. Seeing as how we decided to go 3 days ago, and knowing that we will be able to return pretty much when time and money allows really takes the edge off. "Expect the worst, hope for the best." I did make one reservation for a xmas eve lunch at the Jazz Kitchen. I wasn't expecting to be able to try that DCA food festival thing, and I'm really looking forward to that. I had the posole at DCA a few years ago, and I swear it was almost as good as grandma's! That is most definitely on my list!

I wish you a lot of luck. We will be there too. We were there Memorial Day weekend. It was great. Not sure when you are going, but the days leading up to Christmas will be less crowded than from the 26-31. All it really takes is lowered expectations and planning.

Yep we do Max pass and always go in with what rides we want to do. I think I am going to cancel our table reservations and just do mobile order places. We discovered mobile ordering our last day at WDW and I was pretty mad lol. Waited damn near an hour for food on day 1, by day 10 it was 4 mins. Anyhoo, see you there lol

This is my general belief as well, considering the lower passes have more black outs. Crowd control would dictate that you first block out the AP with the most population attached, which would mean the cheapest passes when tourists would be making up the capacity difference.
I think you are right. My wife and I are So Cal Select Passholders, and this year they blocked us just into the second week of December. The day after we were blocked I looked at the crowd apps and it was very easy for people, a slow day it seemed. A few days later it picked up. It's been that way for the last few years I noticed. So the best time to visit this year for Christmas for low crowds would have been the few days after those blockouts.
Disney has added quite a few new Fridays blocked for so cal select next year, and not just after May, so they have definitely adjusted the pass program. Our passes expire in May, so we plan on waiting a few months at least to get new passes due to the summer crowds. Also it's better for us to buy a 3-day pass, use on blockout days, then upgrade to the so cal pass for just about $10 or so per month. I think it was $15 for us this year. A no-brainer for locals. cheap date nights!
That said, I have noticed just about all night time entertainment going away so unless we want to ride space mountain for the 1,000,000th time, not as much to do these days.

Well I am happy to say that crowds were busy but manageable on Saturday and Sunday. Seems to have been much busier on Monday and yesterday from the app. Maxpass to the rescue. Although buying it for my son seemed wasteful, because only ride he could go on was Small World and HM. Saturday night we rode Guardians 3 times in a row at closing, Sunday rode Thunder 4 times in a row. Loved it! Great time to go and would do it again, as long as all the AP blocks are happening haha.

Well I am happy to say that crowds were busy but manageable on Saturday and Sunday. Seems to have been much busier on Monday and yesterday from the app. Maxpass to the rescue. Although buying it for my son seemed wasteful, because only ride he could go on was Small World and HM. Saturday night we rode Guardians 3 times in a row at closing, Sunday rode Thunder 4 times in a row. Loved it! Great time to go and would do it again, as long as all the AP blocks are happening haha.
Glad you had a great time! Why were those the only rides your son could use FP on? Height or something else? Buzz Lightyear and Roger Rabbit also offers FP in DL and Toy Story offers it in DCA. Those three don’t have height limits.

We decided to stand in line for Buzz, because we had some time to kill and couldn't make another FP yet, and Roger Rabbit we skipped because the lines were oddly long and the kids didn't care to ride. I guess we did TSMM too. It was his first time needing a ticket so the value of it felt weird to me is all. I really wish they would have a cheaper ticket for 3 year olds ya know.

I went Sunday and felt that the crowds were low up until about 1ish. We didn't even get there until about 9 am and were able to do everything we wanted, and got good return times on maxpass.

I have the Premier Pass. We went on Christmas morning. Got there about 30 minutes prior to park opening and rode what we wanted (met Pluto, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Buzz, Small World, train, Haunted Mansion Holiday, and Big Thunder) with minimal waits with MaxPass. We were done with what we wanted to see around 11 or so and got a bite to eat before shopping and heading out. We were home about 1:30 or so. Not sure I am going to make it over again in the next week or 2, but would just go with a similar strategy and only ride a few items with MaxPass or short stand by lines. I just wanted to be able to say I have been to DL on Christmas, but now I am thinking I may do this in future years again depending on family plans.

I have the Premier Pass. We went on Christmas morning. Got there about 30 minutes prior to park opening and rode what we wanted (met Pluto, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Buzz, Small World, train, Haunted Mansion Holiday, and Big Thunder) with minimal waits with MaxPass. We were done with what we wanted to see around 11 or so and got a bite to eat before shopping and heading out. We were home about 1:30 or so. Not sure I am going to make it over again in the next week or 2, but would just go with a similar strategy and only ride a few items with MaxPass or short stand by lines. I just wanted to be able to say I have been to DL on Christmas, but now I am thinking I may do this in future years again depending on family plans.
I used to go Christmas morning for a few years for like 3 hours at rope drop and it was the best. Would always knock out quite a few rides and head out before the thick of the crowds arrived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter