Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched the Trackers for years and it wasn't until recently that they have been given "freebies". Those things don't cost Disney, Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Legoland, etc. anything. They have a large viewing audience and that is what is drawing these companies to get them to attend media and special events. Tim and Jenn also buy their own annual passes to all these places. So, for example, getting into Disney to get a sneak peek at Galaxies Edge as a media event didn't really matter since they already have an annual pass and could have gone during the annual pass event.

This is very cheap advertising for these companies and the Trackers are fans of all these places anyhow. To me, they express likes and dislikes in a non-biased way. Remember, everyone's tastes as far as places to experience, foods, merchandise, etc is subjective.

I've watched the Trackers for years and it wasn't until recently that they have been given "freebies". Those things don't cost Disney, Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Legoland, etc. anything. They have a large viewing audience and that is what is drawing these companies to get them to attend media and special events. Tim and Jenn also buy their own annual passes to all these places. So, for example, getting into Disney to get a sneak peek at Galaxies Edge as a media event didn't really matter since they already have an annual pass and could have gone during the annual pass event.

This is very cheap advertising for these companies and the Trackers are fans of all these places anyhow. To me, they express likes and dislikes in a non-biased way. Remember, everyone's tastes as far as places to experience, foods, merchandise, etc is subjective.
I do 100% blame them for my current obsession with Tokyo Disney!!! Their trip looked amazing!!! So it is on my bucket list in the next 15 year. :lmao:

Why do the Trackers disclose instances when they receive free gifts, travel, transportation, lodging, food and other largess? Because they are required by YouTube and by law to make such disclosures. In such videos they are being paid to promote a product or service. Disclosure of that business and commercial relationship does nothing to change their obligation to provide the content required.

They have a built-in bias in favor of their generous benefactors because they are engaged in paid promotions. Disney, Universal and many other companies cultivate these social media types. They look for amateurs on social media that start out sharing their opinions and as their popularity grows, they are viewed as authentic, trustworthy and approachable. Disney and other companies entice these social media types by offering free gifts and special access for the purpose of product promotion. They are just another form of advertising.

They are freelance shills. They'll promote any attraction that's willing to pay the price. They are not independent, unbiased, fair, objective, impartial or even-handed in the production of their videos. They are conflicted.
What are you basing that off of? They didn't even get onto Disney's media list until last year.

I've watched them since 2014, they just got on the media list last year.
While sites do tell creators to post transparently with sponsorships many don't, however Tim and Jen always state when activities or products are being covered by the company vs them paying.
The 1 "drama" they had with 1 other channel was a channel that was copying their look, logo and content.
They turned down loads of money and experiences that fans have offered to pay, in a time when many creators are turning to subscribers for funding. I've seen them turn down Victoria's and Albert's back before they had ever been, when they finally went they paid themselves.

I've watched them since 2014, they just got on the media list last year.
While sites do tell creators to post transparently with sponsorships many don't, however Tim and Jen always state when activities or products are being covered by the company vs them paying.
The 1 "drama" they had with 1 other channel was a channel that was copying their look, logo and content.
They turned down loads of money and experiences that fans have offered to pay, in a time when many creators are turning to subscribers for funding. I've seen them turn down Victoria's and Albert's back before they had ever been, when they finally went they paid themselves.

what was the other channel?

I know i wouldn't have been turning down money or experiences from fans willing to pay if i was them lol

Saying you don't like them because they get some free stuff causing them to lose their objectivity just reeks of jealousy being the real reason. No one wants to admit to being jealous so it's easy to use that as an excuse to mask the real reason for their hatred. This would be understandable if they were actually a 'review' channel and now they were being paid for reviews, but they're not a review channel and never claimed to be.

They've never even really been an informative channel either, and they aren't trying to supply the latest Disney news, they just go on experiences and take the viewers along. Some of those experiences are free for them now, but they aren't telling people 'you must do this, it's so amazing!', they just show it.

I wasn't aware of the negativity with them but this is another reason I don't go to that wretched hive of scum and villainy. You know, Twitter.

They seem like lovely people. I only watch them mostly when they go to a place I'm thinking of doing an ADR at or a ride that I need to know about (I can't do drops so I'll watch ride-throughs XD). I have a lot of auditory issues too and their audio always seems really crisp so it helps. There are some other vloggers I tried watching but too many people talking at once is just a nope.

It seems people don't know how most youtube videos operate but I also watch a LOT, A. Lot. of toy channels and just about every channel on youtube that does box openings is sponsored now and most never bother to disclose it. It's the natural evolution of companies realizing the profit margin on sending 400$ worth of toys to a vlogger VS. regular advertising. Most never critique the product, everything is great! They don't even state what it costs in stores. The worst ones exploit their kids for about 2-3 million views but they never seem to be the ones to come under fire because their viewing audience is too young to know what sponsorship even entails. I appreciate the Tracker honesty greatly. It's refreshing to even be told when someone has gotten something from the company.

It is just the wife that we can’t stand. She always has a stupid look on her face and just says the dumbest things. Tim is fine. Enjoyable and all that. But the second she is on camera we gotta FF the video

I actually like their channel best when they are doing non-Disney stuff. They clearly look like they have more fun at Universal. Especially Halloween Horror Nights. I like the vlogs when Tim is hanging out with Adam the Woo because they always look like they are having a blast together.

So I need some clarity here.

What's with the "the"? The Tim Tracker? Like, is it a title? Does he track people named Tim?

This guy's name is Tim Tracker, right?

No, his last name is not Tracker. "The Tim Tracker" is referencing the vlog itself, it's a vlog that tracks what Tim is doing. They seem to have adopted the personas as "Tim & Jenn Tracker" but that's not their real last name.

So I need some clarity here.

What's with the "the"? The Tim Tracker? Like, is it a title? Does he track people named Tim?

View attachment 432806
This guy's name is Tim Tracker, right?
No, his last name is not Tracker. "The Tim Tracker" is referencing the vlog itself, it's a vlog that tracks what Tim is doing. They seem to have adopted the personas as "Tim & Jenn Tracker" but that's not their real last name.

@firefly_ris is correct. Tim and Jenn don't publicly share their real last name. The word tracker is meant as in "where is Tim today" in his videos - track what he is doing. I'm sure the T alliteration is part of the reason for the name too.

It is just the wife that we can’t stand. She always has a stupid look on her face and just says the dumbest things. Tim is fine. Enjoyable and all that. But the second she is on camera we gotta FF the video
What the heck!? Where’s all this hate for "the wife" (she has a name, btw) coming from? What’s so dumb about what she says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter