Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "ignorance of youth" you mentioned was recorded in 2012. Tim was 31 years of age and Jenn was 30 years of age. But now that they are more mature, perhaps they have grown out of their racism, homophobia, ableism and dishonesty. I'm willing to wait and see if their apology is indeed sincere. Their history tells us that they have always been insincere liars. But they may indeed have had a genuine epiphany. Time will tell the tale. Perhaps they'll just monetize their child some more?

They are people on YouTube. They are not in any position of power. All you have to do is stop watching them.

Your attacks on them seem very personal and emotional. Hopefully you can come to peace with it at some point.

Good luck.

They are people on YouTube. They are not in any position of power. All you have to do is stop watching them.

Your attacks on them seem very personal and emotional. Hopefully you can come to peace with it at some point.

Good luck.
Actually overt racism should not be ignored nor tolerated. Your acceptance of their behavior is a part of the problem. As a matter of principle no one should excuse this behavior by trying to lesson the blame with a defense of youthful indiscretion. Even the Trackers admit they were wrong on many levels. Their stans need to wake up.

Actually overt racism should not be ignored nor tolerated. Your acceptance of their behavior is a part of the problem. As a matter of principle no one should excuse this behavior by trying to lesson the blame with a defense of youthful indiscretion. Even the Trackers admit they were wrong on many levels. Their stans need to wake up.

I am sorry but YouTubers are low on my list of who to be angry with right now. I am, quite frankly, exhausted from disappointment over the recent actions of people I hold in high regard.

I haven’t watched them regularly in months. I am way, way behind on YouTube and have more important things to worry about right now.

At some point I will catch up. Admitting mistakes is the first step in being a better person. If they were making videos every day this week being overtly racist and disgusting I would pay attention, but I do not care about what they did 8 years ago. Too much is happening RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE.

I am well aware of what should and should not be ignored, but I do not have emotion to spare for rage over vloggers right now.

ETA I just watched the apology video. If you really think they are insincere liars after watching this then you obviously will hate them no matter what. Just let it go and stop giving them views. That is how you can hurt them most.

Last edited:

They go out of their way to entertain people in vlogs - if you don't like them then don't watch, it really is that simple.
This is slightly amusing.

They don’t go out of their way to entertain people they entertain people for money. It’s transactional and people are allowed to be critical of their performance if they so choose.

I appreciate their videos on a new attraction or a park update here and there. But let’s not pretend they’re our friends.

People who take a vested interest in vlogging strangers who don’t care about you whatsoever and curate whatever they want to show you (I.e.- they’re all fake) have always come off as weird to me, but people are free to do what they want.

Not only am I surprised this board keeps rebounding, but it has 325 posts and

94k views!

If it's been around since July 2019... That's an average of 1 post a day and 300 views per day?
Each week over 2,000 views for 45 weeks straight?

Weird.

Did they not take down the videos they were apologizing for?

Not only am I surprised this board keeps rebounding, but it has 325 posts and

94k views!

If it's been around since July 2019... That's an average of 1 post a day and 300 views per day?
Each week over 2,000 views for 45 weeks straight?

Weird.

What gets me is that supposedly some of the folks repeatedly bumping/responding to this thread are Tim Tracker detractors, and yet undoubtedly the result of such bumping is that people will go watch some of their videos to try to find out what everyone is talking about. So every time this thread comes back to the first page, we're increasing their vlog views. Now, personally, if I seriously disliked a vlogger, the last thing I would wish to do would be to drive more traffic to their Youtube channel. 🤔🤷‍♀️

What gets me is that supposedly some of the folks repeatedly bumping/responding to this thread are Tim Tracker detractors, and yet undoubtedly the result of such bumping is that people will go watch some of their videos to try to find out what everyone is talking about. So every time this thread comes back to the first page, we're increasing their vlog views. Now, personally, if I seriously disliked a vlogger, the last thing I would wish to do would be to drive more traffic to their Youtube channel. 🤔🤷‍♀️

I've actually been one of their fans, as evidenced by my post from last November. Bumped this time because I was surprised to see the vlog yesterday and was curious what others' impressions were. Seemed timely to discuss. Feel free to ignore though.

The stans are worse than the Trackers. The plain fact is the Trackers got caught and their apology might indeed be sincere. I'll give them some time to prove they have turned over a new leaf. Their insincerity has recently been on display when they decided to open up piles of fan mail from over two years ago:

View attachment 499147

That’s not Tim’s Twitter account. Stop posting BS.

I've actually been one of their fans, as evidenced by my post from last November. Bumped this time because I was surprised to see the vlog yesterday and was curious what others' impressions were. Seemed timely to discuss. Feel free to ignore though.

That's why I said "some folks" and also included "responding", not just "bumping". I wasn't trying to call out any one person, just a trend across the entire time that this thread has existed. :) I wasn't upset about it, so I don't need to ignore it. I just found it interesting that some people who are very passionate in their feelings against them would keep drawing attention to them. After all, for better or worse, the phrase "There's no such thing as bad publicity" does still sometimes turn out to be true. And I did note that they have a mess of supportive comments on that apology video now, so there seems to be a bit of truth in that cliche in regards to them right now. :)

The stans are worse than the Trackers. The plain fact is the Trackers got caught and their apology might indeed be sincere. I'll give them some time to prove they have turned over a new leaf. Their insincerity has recently been on display when they decided to open up piles of fan mail from over two years ago:

I’m curious if they have said why they didn’t open fan mail for over two years?

I’m curious if they have said why they didn’t open fan mail for over two years?

I think it was something about how busy they were. That one didn't sit well with me either. I'm not as much of a fan of them anymore. I really like the Lodge Guys - very genuine, funny and there doesn't seem to be any bs with them. Much smaller following since they're relatively new, but their Disney trips are a lot of fun to follow along with. They live in the UK though so don't have as much Disney content as the vloggers who live in Orlando.

I cannot believe they kept content like that on their channel for so long. Stop acting like they’re some heroes for posting an apology. They only did after they were called out. They still knowingly had this nonsense out there. They’re just trying to save the channel at this point. With covid, they’ve taken a huge hit. They can’t afford backlash on this.

They were grown adults when they posted these videos. The “youth” excuse is weak.

I also can’t believe Disney hadn’t done their homework on their older videos before sending them on trips & cruises to post Disney content on their channel. I did PR for a very large company, sending products to vloggers for reviews. We did our homework making sure those who we sent products to demo didn’t have anything problematic on their channels. It’s working with influencers 101. I can’t believe Disney didn’t dig back and flag the problematic content before sending them on trips and to comped events.

ETA: Do I believe people can change? Yes. But if the Trackers thought any of their videos were problematic, I think they would have quietly taken them down on their own. I don’t think they saw anything wrong with them, and that’s why they were still on their channel in 2020. Regardless, they have positioned themselves as “family friendly” and it was so irresponsible to have that kind of insensitive and offensive content still available on their channel, whether they grew or not.

Last edited:
I like the Trackers and watch them occasionally (I’m not big into the home vlogs...I prefer the Disney content), but to me it seems like the recent mail vlogs happened because they just ran out of ideas and had to resort to that.

It does seem odd to me that they cared so little that they didn’t open fan mail for 2 years. I guess the joke was on the people who kept sending them things knowing it would probably just end up in a heap untouched. 🤷🏼‍♀️

There are giant webpages dedicated to bloggers/Vloggers/influencers That only watch them as hate watches.
GOMI. Tons of Reddit pages, etc.
I don’t know if the trackers have a “hate” following on any on those platforms, but hate watching has an enormous precedent.

That’s equally as weird to me as people who take a vested interest in them and adore them. Vloggers are nothing more than an edited reality show. Except instead of having actual editors, they are the editors. How anyone thinks it’s real life is beyond me.

Some “amazing adoption advocate” who everyone would adore “you’re such a great mom” just gave her adopted child from China up because he had autism and it was “too much to handle”. This just a few months after having another kid. So... if you have a biological kid that has autism, would you give them up? Human scum that was put on a pedestal by weird people who idolize fake Vloggers.
The Trackers could be on the brink of divorce and no one would ever know it unless they want you do. In the meantime they’ll get messages of “omg you guys are so perfect” or some nonsense.

That’s why I could give two craps about their kid, their marriage, or some years old Halloween video. An update on Hagrid’s? I’m all about it.

Last edited:

Yeah we get it. Let's hold onto something that was said 8 years ago even though they admitted their mistakes so people can "cancel" them. To go from being angry to holding that criticism for nearly a decade is a little scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter