Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people don't pay family members a full time salary to watch the kid for 1 "just 1 dinner". And I thought you all were saying that they worked so much that they needed a nanny, not for just "hello, Remy!". Which is it, are they so busy working that they need a nanny otherwise they wouldn't get their work done, or are they "just like everyone else" and wanted someone to watch the child for an "adult time"?

My sister pays our mother (actually our mom AND dad, so she has TWO nanies LOL) to full time nanny her kids.

Nobody has to justify to you or me how they spend their money. You don't like them and that's fine. There are a TON of other things out there for you to enjoy.

My sister pays our mother (actually our mom AND dad, so she has TWO nanies LOL) to full time nanny her kids.

Nobody has to justify to you or me how they spend their money. You don't like them and that's fine. There are a TON of other things out there for you to enjoy.

And people send their kids to daycare daily also. But that does not mean that day care goes on vacation with them. That is the point that we are getting at. Like I said, I get that they work on these vacations. They can have their nanny, the point was that it will come across as "rich" and unrelatable to some of their viewers. It is not even a discussion that people have child care, of course they do. I don't understand your point.

And people send their kids to daycare daily also. But that does not mean that day care goes on vacation with them. That is the point that we are getting at. Like I said, I get that they work on these vacations. They can have their nanny, the point was that it will come across as "rich" and unrelatable to some of their viewers. It is not even a discussion that people have child care, of course they do. I don't understand your point.

My point is, a great MANY entertainers are not "relatable" but people can still enjoy them. The tv show Cribs, the Kardashians, Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty, and on and on. You don't have to be able to see yourself in their shoes to be able to enjoy it. Might some people who watched be turned off? Sure, but that's any show. Jumping the shark is always a possibility. We love Survivor, but neither DH nor I could ever EVER see ourselves on that show. We watched Flip or Flop even though the only home reno we can afford is wall paint.

You know what's relatable to me? If I had the money like the Trackers do, darn right I'd buy whatever car floated my boat and go on big blowout cruise too. And forget a nanny...I would hire a full-time employee to work for us too so i wouldn't have to bust my butt on our farm every day. Good for the Trackers, and the owners of this site, and Lou Mongello and all the other influencers/youtubers who managed to turn what they love into a lucrative business and for all their success.

And if their success is a turnoff for you, then by all means turn it off.

My point is, a great MANY entertainers are not "relatable" but people can still enjoy them. The tv show Cribs, the Kardashians, Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty, and on and on. You don't have to be able to see yourself in their shoes to be able to enjoy it. Might some people who watched be turned off? Sure, but that's any show. Jumping the shark is always a possibility. We love Survivor, but neither DH nor I could ever EVER see ourselves on that show. We watched Flip or Flop even though the only home reno we can afford is wall paint.

You know what's relatable to me? If I had the money like the Trackers do, darn right I'd buy whatever car floated my boat and go on big blowout cruise too. And forget a nanny...I would hire a full-time employee to work for us too so i wouldn't have to bust my butt on our farm every day. Good for the Trackers, and the owners of this site, and Lou Mongello and all the other influencers/youtubers who managed to turn what they love into a lucrative business and for all their success.

And if their success is a turnoff for you, then by all means turn it off.

Why does it offend you so much that others have an issue with the nanny? You seem really angry about it. So you can have your opinion to like it, but others can't say that it makes them unrelatable? Why does this bother you so much? Are you related to the Trackers that you are defending them so strongly?

Why does it offend you so much that others have an issue with the nanny? You seem really angry about it. So you can have your opinion to like it, but others can't say that it makes them unrelatable? Why does this bother you so much? Are you related to the Trackers that you are defending them so strongly?

Not at all. I just don't understand why people hate to see others succeed.

ETA...while we won't ever get to do the Roy Disney suite on a cruise, we have gotten lots of great vacation ideas outside of Disney from them that we have implemented. Things that were free in and around Central Florida. Stuff we would have never thought to do or have known about. From other vloggers as well. It's fun to get to see the diverse offerings from the super luxurious to the free for anyone to enjoy!

Last edited:

The average person can't afford a nanny? I would say that the average person can't or soon won't be able to afford the Disney parks. They won't need a nanny for such a trip.
Right. The average person isn't going on a Disney cruise. That is a luxury vacation that won't ever happen for most families.

These bloggers aren't trying to appeal to the average family. They are promoting an expensive vacation. If they are successful at it, good for them.

Last edited:
Not saying any of this - but Disney has a clause on their site saying videotaping for commercial reasons is not allowed. No one has answered how vlogging isn't considered commercial?
It's because Vloggers do not charge people to watch their videos. Although they can earn money from certain websites based on hits, likes, views etc, the content provided is free.

If any content was charged for this would go against Disney's clauses. It's all about commercial use.

I really like their vlogs and I believe that the nanny is a necessity to keep SOME of their viewers. DH and I watched their vlogs long before they had their little boy. So, we sort of got to know and like them. Once they had their little boy, who is precious and super smart, DH didn’t like watching their vlogs as much. He just doesn’t like toddler behavior. Again, their little boy is as adorable as can be but not everyone is fond of toddlers. So, we tend to watch the videos in which J is asleep or with the nanny.

We are watching to gain info about the parks, restaurants, resorts, etc and watching with J interrupting is like going to an adult dinner with someone who decides to bring their toddler. If you don’t like spilled drinks, silly behavior, divided attention during conversations, etc then you aren’t going to go out with the other couple again. If I were Tim or Jen I may be a little defensive and think, if you don’t want to watch J then stop watching, but, at the same time, this is their business and I think they probably want as many viewers as possible. So, hopefully, if they read this they wont find the feedback offensive.

All of this to say, the nanny isn’t really a luxury. They need someone dependable to take care of J while they are working. I don’t blame them at all. I also don’t think of them as being unrelatable because of wealth. They seem pretty down to earth. The recent splurge on the cruise seems to be an anomaly. Yes, they have a nice car but its no more valuable than the sum of the two or three cars that most couples own. They frequently make mention of items being expensive. I think they are probably
like most of us, they save money when they can and occasionally splurge on things that others consider a luxury. They seem to be nice people who are comfortable financially but I don’t think they will be dining with Oprah anytime soon.

Last edited:
I like their vacation vlogs. We're planning a trip to Aulani next year and watching them was incredibly helpful. We're going to extend the trip by a few days to help our family adjust to the time difference after their comments about Jackson and I'm looking at the tour company they used to tour the island. We won't do everything the same way, like first class airfare, but I'm just glad we get to go.

We've been watching their "bucket list Dream cruise" this week and have really enjoyed it. They seem genuinely appreciative of their experiences. We sigh and tell ourselves maybe someday lol. It's neat to see everything that is included. I actually researched what a regular concierge room goes for after the first video. It would be cool to do someday.

In our case, they've been great advertising for Disney. The last few years have taught us to seize the moment when we can and do some fun things, because you never know when that will come to a screeching halt.

IDK. But I can't imagine that he takes that long to film the ship, it is not that big. I don't pretend to know what they do, but how long can it possibly take to walk around and record things? People do it all the time. I am sure that it takes at least a couple of hours, but does Jen work 9am -9pm editing that she doesn't even have a couple of hours off. And the kids still naps. Look at all of these people that have worked from home and watched their kids at the same time without a nanny. A nanny is a luxury, plain and simple. If they could not afford one, they would still somehow be able to do what they have been doing before they got the nanny.
They have been releasing daily videos that are over an hour long. That is a lot of effort and certainly takes longer than you’re giving them credit for.
Your definition of "reasonably average" is way higher than what is actually average. Boarding schools, nannies, international job/travel is not "average" here in the United States, anyways. Average income here is about $31K.
Fwiw, that is median individual income. Median household income is ~68k.

I am saying that them telling people that they have a nanny will alienate some of their viewer base. Bring your nanny, but no need to mention it. I don't care if they have a nanny, I am just saying that it is big turnoff for many people, especially those who have watched them for years and now they have become so rich from it, that they bring a nanny on vacations with them. Especially when most of the people who have supported them can not. You can see how this can turn people off.
They are showing their day to day life. There were people turned off by the channel going from 2 adults to a family too but that is the season of their life.

I don’t think obscuring their lifestyle would be the right move. I appreciate the honesty/transparency on these bucket list style trips as there is no way I’d spend that much but the frame of reference is nice.

Personally, I’ve been watching them for years off and on and I’m happy for them to see the results of their hard work. It’s no longer relatable to my life but they aren’t silver spoon rich kids showing off on Instagram so it doesn’t bother me. They worked hard to get where they are and are still pretty well grounded from what I have seen.

I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.
I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.
My wife and I used to watch the Trackers religiously. Big Disney fans and they gave great content but as the channel has grown it’s gone from a theme park channel to a lifestyle channel, which is fine but not interesting to us so we decided not stop following them. One thing I did find totally bizarre though is what I called the Jackson dilemma. Watching the channel for so long we shared in the Trackers journey to get pregnant and how they told us of their struggles. Once Jackson was born the channel become Jackson-centric which is completely understandable however then they got a live in nanny, which to some may make sense, however it still strikes me that they could of hired and editor to edit their videos rather than a nanny, meaning they could spend more time with their child and now children as Jenn is pregnant again. Something about that didn’t sit right with me. However that’s just my opinion from four thousand miles away.

however then they got a live in nanny, which to some may make sense, however it still strikes me that they could of hired and editor to edit their videos rather than a nanny,
Lynn is not a nanny. Nor does she live there. She is a certificated teacher for Jackson. They got an expert to teach him.
And because Jackson has become comfortable with her, Lynn gets to go on their trips when Tim and Jenn need to film with just the 2 of them.
Sounds like a win win situation!

Last edited:
My wife and I used to watch the Trackers religiously. Big Disney fans and they gave great content but as the channel has grown it’s gone from a theme park channel to a lifestyle channel, which is fine but not interesting to us so we decided not stop following them. One thing I did find totally bizarre though is what I called the Jackson dilemma. Watching the channel for so long we shared in the Trackers journey to get pregnant and how they told us of their struggles. Once Jackson was born the channel become Jackson-centric which is completely understandable however then they got a live in nanny, which to some may make sense, however it still strikes me that they could of hired and editor to edit their videos rather than a nanny, meaning they could spend more time with their child and now children as Jenn is pregnant again. Something about that didn’t sit right with me. However that’s just my opinion from four thousand miles away.
Their recent videos don't have a lot of Jackson. I think he was in a lot of videos because they were home during the early days of the pandemic. They did a lot of staycations as well. Now Tim is at the parks most days and they do home vlogs/live shows on the weekends.

I tried to watch one of his last night. I couldn't get into it.

I now mostly watch DFB. Occasionally, I'll catch an episode of Off the Rails.

I don't really know their videos that well - I've seen a few and they're not my favorite, but I don't have an active dislike for them either. It's great that they're successful and if they can afford a nanny (or whatever) for their kid and take that person on the trips, then great for them. That said, there can be concerns when wealthy/affluent people hire a nanny to basically raise their kid - it happens, but it's also a bit of a stereotype. People can hire a nanny and still be very active in parenting too - it's not always one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter