Are there many Single DVC member out there

Single as well. We took a family trip in 2017 to WDW and I was hooked, and so were my sisters. I bought DVC to bring my family together. It's the only thing we have in common and can all find happiness there. I'm sure when my niece and nephew grow up I'll be taking some single trips. But I've made Disney lovers out of multiple friends so maybe not.

I was going to say I bet a lot of people get the DVC in the divorce ….. do they count as single owner by your metric?
I did, it cost me, but it was worth it. Ex DH never liked Disney anyway. I'm now happily solo travelling, or accompanied by my adult kids when they're available. I'm proud to say I raised them right. They also love Disney. Next trip in Jan 2024 with DS, DD and her significant other. I'm excited for this trip, but a little nervous that he'll think I'm a bit much at Disney. 8-) It's my happy place.

I’m just curious how many single DVC members there are out there. I’m sure most members are married with children. I just thought it would be kind of fun to see.
Haha yes! Single and DedicatedToDisney 🏰 Don’t mind single trips b/c there’s so much to do, but have a senior DS who gets more excited than any kid I’ve ever seen so she’s my travel partner of choice!

I am of the Divorced crowd!!
I got the DVC and the ex got the truck!!
He tells everyone he can, that he got over on me cause his truck was $45k and the DVC was $35k… he fails to realize I will still be enjoying DVC for 40 more years and that truck will be at the end of its life cycle in another 10!!! It already has close to 200k miles…

I am of the Divorced crowd!!
I got the DVC and the ex got the truck!!
He tells everyone he can, that he got over on me cause his truck was $45k and the DVC was $35k… he fails to realize I will still be enjoying DVC for 40 more years and that truck will be at the end of its life cycle in another 10!!! It already has close to 200k miles…
Sounds like you made out, in a lot of away
congratulations

Single here as well. Have always gone once per year or every other year with my now teenage kids but love traveling solo. Just added on a small VGF contract and designating it as my solo trip points :)

I’m just curious how many single DVC members there are out there. I’m sure most members are married with children. I just thought it would be kind of fun to see.
I’m single and 2X DVC owner. Going to parks 4/24-25… would be the coolest thing ever to find a female Disney fan to hang out. 🥳

I've been considering DVC on and off for a few years. Divorced; soon to be empty nester. Just starting to wonder/plan/think about the idea of traveling to my happy place solo. Just bought an Annual Pass yesterday (we had them as a family for a few years a while ago).

Single DVC owner. I take my niece's and nephew on a trip every year and my parent's on one usually in January. Looking forward to some solo trips. Just got my annual pass also!

I'm now part of the divorce crowd. Got the dvc, owner since 2001. Go every other month now... Grabbing a annual pass now they are available. usually just hanging out at the hotel bars and restaurants..... Prefer monorail loop hotels so transportation isn't a issue. Going next week!!! In Feb I spent two weeks at the Grand Floridian in a Lagoon View and can honestly say they are great rooms with a view of the poly across the water, and one of the closer buildings to the monorail stop and the main buildings and restaurants. took the three grandkids and did the parks almost every day. Rent an electric scooter.... LOL I did. So so much better and reasonably priced. I can't walk 10 miles a day...UGH

Last edited:
Not single but wife only wants to go once a year with her kids & grandkids. I plan and do whatever they want on that trip, then I go a few more times throughout the year by myself. I often split stay an AP-discounted all star resort with a DVC room to stretch out my points.

Single - DVC - Once a year with family, once or twice solo; usually, my EOM August trip is solo as no one likes the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter