Are Towel Animals still in Resorts Rooms?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
I have been reading this board and others and can't not find a answer to the question...Are Towel Animals still placed in Disney Resorts Rooms?
We will be staying at Pop and I hope my grandson will have the magical experience. Or can I request them?
Thank you so much for the answers.

Last edited:
No,not "routinely" anymore.

There are reports every now and then of a Towel Animal in a room,but it is very rare.

They are not available by request.

Towel animals are exceptionally rare. Maybe you could find some instructions online and make something while he is sleeping and tell him that Tinkerbell snuck into the room and made it for him?

I have been reading this board and others and can't not find a answer to the question...Are Towel Animals still placed in Disney Resorts Rooms?
We will be staying at Pop and I hope my grandson will have the magical experience. Or can I request them?
No, the resort mousekeepers are no longer allowed to make them. The one place you will still get them is on Disney cruise ships.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guestsstarted complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop encouraging the practice.Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as awhole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

I just had a bunch in January...

Tnuq9ORJahmj2LEis9HrfcxiR7rDjoDsuzbKfvORwd5RE_NycPBmWWmsbSncSuUsspO0Zk05KPh1HXYLQOi95TLnujC6SXfsPJ0He0kduRLEvjpE0c54ic1d83jKJkdIRQYbDRplVec6XV-pVh9cbqQ7ZMqAEUaCsWExuu0ExbpmigHcLmr8HBGhuTNW9dqzQmGgCQjKRBfItAPb4m0_vNYRi3GiIGrGJk2E1cF3iYSLr31JFqhRIZnDhrZHrOnjssmpHMq_hy0IaJq9wq8M8hxckYqKxO5Ea25PcI6P3WTFiJnvAcX-Qey3pW5x1HAT_JH-jxEksUDaB7d2ctMgdBX6uWbqvM4iL3f-v5FhtbRPZ3oXVRPh_aB7ZdM5MvqIHpvwBBgF6TbLcmOCHNypL0zX9WobD4qbFt-p7su48j5aNTOOH8hU_97xjRYnyP__zSdlv2NiBp0SVlvcNFprkwjUcfElJ0byk-kcK2--snz5tQNKXFg-2RXFxaJZnHNYetO2oszPuf_G2_a5yCZPZpdhhGzduekfZBm-g7bh4xsIfvwgNHOX44F5xdle-0jReKQ4axQ77IHFPNk9fVKJTO1XuUprlhE9wJwJ0AU=w683-h910-no

They'd leave a towel animal, I'd dress it up XD it was fun.

The last towel animal I saw was our Christmas trip in 2012. We got a little mouse or rabbit (couldn't tell for sure), and she made a cup out of washcloths to hold our toothbrushes. Since then, nothing. Not even the Mickey on the bed upon arrival. I've never expected them and it doesn't disappoint me when they're not there. If your grandson doesn't know about them, I wouldn't say anything. Or, I like Euby's suggestion to learn how to make some on your own. But I don't think it would be right to take them home with you.

My nephew and his family got one at the Poly earlier this month. It was a sea turtle and all their animals were arranged on the bed.

We got a dog towel animal at YC last month. We were only there for 2nights. We got a mickey head shaped one at POR on our second day of a 4 night stay last November.

We were there 2 weeks ago - we got 2 towel creations - one was a mickey head and the other was a flower. We stayed at the Poly. This was the first time I'd ever had a towel animal (out of my 10 hotel stays). And we didn't tip everyday either because 2 mornings we were such in a rush I totally forgot to put the tip out with my little mousekeeping envelopes I made!

We had some on our bed in April at CSR. We can never remember what they were though! One was a simple towel tiered cake with a little “candle” sticking out the top, that I do remember!

I know posts say guests were meant to take the towel animals, but I never had the desire to do so. What in the world would I have done with them? I'm an adult, no kids. They were really cute, and fun if one was there at the end of the day, but I have to say it never made or not made my vacation.

Just got back last week from a 5 night stay at POFQ. Towel animals greeted us on arrival and we had them 3 out of the 5 nights we were there. They were so cute, but I didn't take them. Years ago when my daughter was younger we did take them, but I am trying to limit the stuff I have in my house as I get older.IMG_4133.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter