"Are you 23?" :Big Disney Announcement

ummmmm are they raising the price on every thing by 23$?

Hope it has something to do with age....I'm 23 and will be in Disney the week after it starts...

There is some information about this on the rumours board.

See: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2049924&page=2

Take a look at the post made by Brian_WDW74 on 01/08/2009, which states the rumour having come from WDWMagic.

Here's a snippet -

"Essentially people will pay about $100 a year to receive some very cool, exclusive merchandise, CDs, DVDs, etc. They will also be invited to a yearly or bi-yearly (to be determined at the moment) event in Anaheim or Orlando (the first event is scheduled to be in Anaheim). Each Company department will be presenting something unique that Disney fans would appreciate (behind-the-scenes looks at theme park technology, a pre-release screening of a new movie, etc). This convention is expected to be huge, with Disney sparing no expense."

We have registered our email address, so guess we'll find out more in March!

Gav.

Maybe its a special promotion only available to Michael Jordan?

Well whatever it is, I hope they send the email early on the 23rd, we leave for Buffalo that afternoon for our trip on the 11th.

I guess I will find out on the 11th if they are promoing in the park.

tim

And David Beckham.

or my DD!

lindsay23.jpg

Webmaster Pete posted his thoughts on the blog. Another interesting theory.
Wow, Pete really has us pegged. Only other theory I have is that Pixar is 23 this year but no tie in to 3/10. I'm with ya, Pete - It had better be good (where is the torch-wielding smiley when you need it?)

quoted from Wiki:
The team began working on film sequences produced by Lucasfilm or worked collectively with Industrial Light and Magic on special effects.[1] After years of research, and key milestones in films such as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Young Sherlock Holmes,[1] the group, who counted about 45 individuals back then[2], was purchased in 1986 by Steve Jobs shortly after he left Apple Computer.[3] Jobs paid $5 million to George Lucas and put $5 million as capital into the company.[4] The Computer Division was renamed Pixar, a fake Spanish word meaning "to make pictures" or "to make pixels."[5][6] A factor contributing to Lucas's sale was an increase in cash flow difficulties following his 1983 divorce, which coincided with the sudden dropoff in revenues from Star Wars licenses following the release of Return of the Jedi and the disastrous box-office performance of Howard the Duck.[1] The newly independent company was headed by Dr. Edwin Catmull, President and CEO, and Dr. Alvy Ray Smith, Executive Vice President and Director. Jobs served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pixar.[7]

Initially, Pixar was a high-end computer hardware company whose core product was the Pixar Image Computer, a system primarily sold to government agencies and the medical community. One of the leading buyers of Pixar Image Computers was Disney Studios, which was using the device as part of their secretive CAPS project, using the machine and custom software to migrate the laborious Ink and Paint part of the 2-D animation process to a more automated and thus efficient method. The Image Computer never sold well.[8] In a bid to drive sales of the system, Pixar employee John Lasseter—who had long been creating short demonstration animations, such as Luxo Jr., to show off the device's capabilities—premiered his creations at SIGGRAPH, the computer graphics industry's largest convention, to great fanfare.[8]

As poor sales of Pixar's computers threatened to put the company out of business, Lasseter's animation department began producing computer-animated commercials for outside companies. Early successes included campaigns for Tropicana, Listerine, and LifeSavers.[9] During this period, Pixar continued its relationship with Walt Disney Feature Animation, a studio whose corporate parent would ultimately become its most important partner. In 1991, after substantial layoffs in the company's computer department, Pixar made a $26 million deal with Disney to produce three computer-animated feature films, the first of which was Toy Story. Despite this, the company was costing Jobs so much money that he considered selling it. Only after confirming that Disney would distribute Toy Story for the 1995 holiday season did he decide to give it another chance.[10]

When I heard about "Are you 23?", the LOST geek in me initially thought that it had something to do with the show because of the numbers "4 8 15 16 23 42". But then I figured that Disney wouldn't make this big of a deal out of a TV show.
Then when I heard Pete say someone had theorized that maybe it was something to do with DVD's or Bluerays being released..I looked at my calendar and saw that March 10th is a tuesday and that is the day of the week when most movies are released onto DVD, so that would definately make sense. I hope that isn't the case...in the meantime I am going to try not to get my hopes up!

When I heard about "Are you 23?", the LOST geek in me initially thought that it had something to do with the show because of the numbers "4 8 15 16 23 42". But then I figured that Disney wouldn't make this big of a deal out of a TV show.
Then when I heard Pete say someone had theorized that maybe it was something to do with DVD's or Bluerays being released..I looked at my calendar and saw that March 10th is a tuesday and that is the day of the week when most movies are released onto DVD, so that would definately make sense. I hope that isn't the case...in the meantime I am going to try not to get my hopes up!

Well, "Are you 23?" sounds better than "Are you Lost?":upsidedow

I was listening to the podcast this morning when I was bike riding, and my initial reaction was that it had to do something with a guest physically being 23. I don't want to over-speculate but there have been strong rumors about a new park, especially to compete with the wizarding world of harry potter. Maybe an adult-only park, admission requires that you are 23?

I was listening to the podcast this morning when I was bike riding, and my initial reaction was that it had to do something with a guest physically being 23. I don't want to over-speculate but there have been strong rumors about a new park, especially to compete with the wizarding world of harry potter. Maybe an adult-only park, admission requires that you are 23?

oooh, I so like that idea especially with them closing down pleasure island.
But I highly doubt they would do something like that. After all Disney is big on the kid market not the adult market. Especially after their "BIG" announcement for the cruiseline. Kids sail free on three night cruises.
Come on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter