animal kingdom
fort wilderness
ol key
caribbean
sarat. sprgs
swan
dolphin

I think It'll be a resort built on Discovery Island called Pirate Cove Resort,
every room is designed like a pirate ship and a pirate ship ferry takes you to MK and TTC:wizard:
Awesome, cant wait!!

Looks interesting... Hopefully we got an email about this and knows that its a special promo for all.:lmao:

Have a nice day everyone. :)

My current guess...something to do with Disney Channel. Disney Channel went to 24 hour programming in 86.

When I heard about "Are you 23?", the LOST geek in me initially thought that it had something to do with the show because of the numbers "4 8 15 16 23 42".
I'm glad I'm not the only Disney/LOST geek that wistfully wished this. If Jack Sparrow causes all that nonsense over at DL just imagine what a Jack or Sawyer would do for WDW!

Maybe it has to do with them finishing POP century in that the resort will include 23 buildings??? :confused3

found this on the Disney Adventure site.. they have 23 Adventures for 2009 - maybe something to do with that?

"

Adventures by Disney vacations are expertly planned, professionally guided family vacations to some of the most intriguing and beloved destinations around the world. Brimming with all of the detail, service and commitment to quality you would expect from Disney, Adventures by Disney vacations invite you to experience the culture, people and traditions of the world in a uniquely immersive way.

From bustling cities and awe-inspiring landscapes, to seaside villages and secret locales, Adventures by Disney offers 23 worldwide itineraries—to such wondrous places as Europe, Asia and South America—ranging in length from 6 to 13 days. And because average tour groups are usually between 30-40 persons, you and your family can be sure to become an active participant throughout the many fantastic places you visit. "

found this on the Disney Adventure site.. they have 23 Adventures for 2009 - maybe something to do with that?

"

Adventures by Disney vacations are expertly planned, professionally guided family vacations to some of the most intriguing and beloved destinations around the world. Brimming with all of the detail, service and commitment to quality you would expect from Disney, Adventures by Disney vacations invite you to experience the culture, people and traditions of the world in a uniquely immersive way.

From bustling cities and awe-inspiring landscapes, to seaside villages and secret locales, Adventures by Disney offers 23 worldwide itineraries—to such wondrous places as Europe, Asia and South America—ranging in length from 6 to 13 days. And because average tour groups are usually between 30-40 persons, you and your family can be sure to become an active participant throughout the many fantastic places you visit. "

:scratchin

hmm.. Another possibility:

Pixar is going to be 23 in 2009....

from Wikipedia - "Pixar started in 1979 as the Graphics Group, a part of the Computer Division of Lucasfilm before it was bought by Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in 1986 and given its current name. In 2006 The Walt Disney Company bought Pixar through an all-stock transaction worth USD 7.4 billion."

King James otherwise known as "LeBron" is number 23!

I think in March of 1986, MCA President took out a full page ad in the Orlando Sentinal for an attraction they were building in Universal Studios Hollywood. It was rumored that he was trying to taunt Disney during the alleged "Orlando Studios Wars". Maybe Disney is planning to announce some ideas and attractions for Disney Hollywood Studios, to compete with what Universal is coming out with over the next couple of years, ie.. Hollywood Rip, Ride, and Rockit and Wizardly World of Harry Potter.

or it could be the announcement of the Blue Ray videos.

But hey... a girl can dream!

Interesting.. Disney Shareholders Annual meeting is on March 10, 2009...

Wait. Wait. I know, I know.... they are going to take all the shareholders drive them to Disneyland, and force them to sit through " The Tiki Room: Under New Management" over and over and over again :cool1:

--------------------------------------

January 16, 2009

Dear Fellow Shareholder,

I am pleased to invite you to our 2009 Annual Meeting of shareholders, which will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2009, at 10 a.m. at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, California.

At the meeting, we will be electing all 12 members of our Board of Directors, as well as considering ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent registered public accountants, an amendment to our stock incentive plan, an amendment to our executive performance plan and up to three shareholder proposals.

[blah blah blah.... (my insert!!) ]

Thank you very much for your continued interest in The Walt Disney Company.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Iger
President and Chief Executive Officer

Just a thought, but maybe they are finally going to show some appreciation to all the frequent visitors to Disney. As an AP holder, it's very frustrating that we seem to get shafted when it comes to these package deals and discounts available. Maybe they will be introducing a frequent traveler/guest program of some sort? That would be soooooo nice!

Yes, its already up on the shopping site.

Also, lookup coupon codes for Disney Shopping, you can save more money.

Yes, its already up on the shopping site.

Also, lookup coupon codes for Disney Shopping, you can save more money.

I just tried to use the Disney Reward Visa 10% discount and it said "not eligible for this order"

If you access disneyshopping.com through ebates you will receive 6% cash back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter