Are you an 'on property' or a 'good neighbor'?

I don't understand, alot of people talk about only sleeping and showering at the hotel and they don't want to spend alot of money doing that. Off season parks are open at 9:00 or 10:00 am and close at 8:00 or 9:00 pm, doesn't anybody get up earlier and enjoy their time in the morning relaxing with a cup of coffee and enjoying the quiet on the balcony (no blvd or freeway traffic) while their kids are relaxing and watching TV until it is time to leave for the parks? When you return during the day, don't you relax in your rooms or swim by the pool and take it easy for a few hours? How about at night. When your kids are sleeping, don't you relax before bed and enjoy your rooms? I mean this is vacation. :confused3

Vacations cost money that we work hard for. I want to enjoy every part of it. Including my room. Location, location, location ;) But I will say if it meant no vacation at Disneyland or a vacation offsite, than I would definitely stay offsite but not for the reason because I could not justify the cost. It would be because I could not afford to stay on site.

Very well put! Thank you Sherry :)

We stay on-site, DLH or if we can swing it, the GCH. The 1st night of our trip we usually book a room through Priceline's name-your-own-price deal. For me, leaving the resort to return to an off-site hotel breaks the magic spell so we make every effort to book our reservations when the resort hotels are offering special "AP night" rates or special PIN code offers.

As a mom, another huge thing is the fact that for the duration of our stay there are no streets to cross with the kids. Harbor late at night stresses me out a little...

:goodvibes:goodvibes No problem!:goodvibes

I don't understand, alot of people talk about only sleeping and showering at the hotel and they don't want to spend alot of money doing that. Off season parks are open at 9:00 or 10:00 am and close at 8:00 or 9:00 pm, doesn't anybody get up earlier and enjoy their time in the morning relaxing with a cup of coffee and enjoying the quiet on the balcony (no blvd or freeway traffic) while their kids are relaxing and watching TV until it is time to leave for the parks? When you return during the day, don't you relax in your rooms or swim by the pool and take it easy for a few hours? How about at night. When your kids are sleeping, don't you relax before bed and enjoy your rooms? I mean this is vacation. :confused3

Vacations cost money that we work hard for. I want to enjoy every part of it. Including my room. Location, location, location ;) But I will say if it meant no vacation at Disneyland or a vacation offsite, than I would definitely stay offsite but not for the reason because I could not justify the cost. It would be because I could not afford to stay on site.

As a single working mom ( and grandmother) I find it hard to get up the money to travel all the way across the country to lounge around :lmao: We have no parks here, none even close, so we do disneyland comando style. we come from a small town so getting any such park goody and good dining is out of the question, I can sip coffee at home, but I can not ride rides, or eat the goodies I see there for a whole year ! Also with the times as they are we are not sure of being able to come back. we have a ball running around, getting up super early and getting breakfast at goofys, or down town disney and heading for the parks. if we go back in the afternoons we do swim, but we have pools here and my kids swim at the YMCA all winter. ( around here summer is only 2 months :lmao: spring even less. ! Snow is 8 months of the year. when we go to disneyland its not to spend our days in the room, its to do what we can when we can :)

When we go off season we definitely try to stay on site, in fact both of our on site stays were off season. And yes, we did enjoy the room/hotels when we did that. Peak season we usually stay until the parks close so then we tend to go with off site hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter