Are you going to be at the D23 Expo? (September 2009) - UPDATE on Post #1

Are you attending the D23 Expo this year?

• No, I am not attending, and I am not interested.

• No, I am not attending, but I wish I could be there.

• I may attend, but I haven't finalized my plans.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 1 weekday.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 2 weekdays.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo just for the weekend.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 3 days.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo all 4 days.

Results are only viewable after voting.
im so glad i saw this before i left! I didn't ever see the finalized instructions. I will *hopefully* make it to the meeting place (im so anxious that the place will be so filled LOL) and i'll have my green mickey on my backpack and on my shirt just so i can be spotted :) can't wait!!

It would be great to see you! Just try to get there at least 10 minutes earlier (in case we have to turn in our electronics, etc.), so we can stand in line together.

I have a stupid question. If I'm the D23 member and my husband isn't, does he have to stand outside & wait to get in the Expo and the same for the Dreams Store does he have to wait outside?

Thanks for the info... I will miss the meet as my plane doesnt' arrive until later. Plan on being at the expo on Thursday by 2 p.m. I'll have some sort of DIS tag on me so feel free to say hi :wave2:

I have a stupid question. If I'm the D23 member and my husband isn't, does he have to stand outside & wait to get in the Expo and the same for the Dreams Store does he have to wait outside?

No, as I reported on my own site and on twitter (see the link in the first post in this thread for a whole bunch of D23 Expo info, a lot you probably never heard of), you only need 1 D23 member card per group for early entry.

for those that haven't been following me along on twitter/facebook/my site, i recently posted info about LOST Cast appearing at the Expo as well as a hi-res photo preview of some of the items in the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit.

again, see link on first post in this thread.

BradK, really nice site. I will be following your twitter feed while at d23.

I heard a rumor that the AP discount will not be honored at the Dream Store. Anyone else hear that? I guess the Chase Visa discount will work for purchases over $50?

didn't hear anything about the dream store, but i wouldn't have assumed there'd be a discount.

but.. ergh.. i was just re-reading the notes I was given and somehow I failed to notice that cameras/phones are also prohibited in the Arena during the John Lasseter event and 2 (unnamed) events in the WDS theater.

it also says that media will be able to get their cameras back between the Iger event and the Legends Ceremony.

I heard a rumor that the AP discount will not be honored at the Dream Store. Anyone else hear that? I guess the Chase Visa discount will work for purchases over $50?

Just saw this:

D23 attendees can show their EXPO wristband and save at participating Downtown Disney shops and restaurants (link), as well as participating Anaheim businesses (link). However, attendees hoping to save a little on their purchases at the EXPO's Dream Store should know that no discounts - including Passholder, Disney Visa or cast member - will be offered on food or merchandise purchases at the EXPO.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8973/Disneyland_Resort_Update

According to this link:

Early admission to the EXPO is offered to D23 members and their guests, so long as the member is present at the time of admission. D23 members should plan to have their membership card with them to access members-only merchandise and activities.

Kayla's mom, thank you so much for that!

Princess Monkey, we really want to meet the other Disboarders. But we're thinking that we're all going to want to be in line for the first event, the Iger welcome, rather than at a meet in the hall. And if they do check phones, that line will be very long.

So we'll look for your Snow White outfit and if we don't see you before (either at the dream store or in line), we'll find you after Legends at either meeting place A or B. We will have lime green Mickeys and I'll also have a blue Vinylmation tag. CoMicky may have her lime green Mickey ears.

Just saw this:

D23 attendees can show their EXPO wristband and save at participating Downtown Disney shops and restaurants (link), as well as participating Anaheim businesses (link). However, attendees hoping to save a little on their purchases at the EXPO's Dream Store should know that no discounts - including Passholder, Disney Visa or cast member - will be offered on food or merchandise purchases at the EXPO.

I made a very silly mistake...

So, my sister is just starting at LMU and I decided to take her down to Disneyland this Saturday before my own Fall term starts up.

Well, I have now realized exactly which weekend D23 is.

So, I'll be at Disneyland, but I won't be at D23... :rotfl2:

for those that haven't been following me along on twitter/facebook/my site, i recently posted info about LOST Cast appearing at the Expo as well as a hi-res photo preview of some of the items in the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit.

OMG, I just flipped out when I saw this & read that they'll be there on the 12th (the only day I'll be @ the expo!!!). I'm a HUGE Lostee & I'm so excited about the Lost section & Lost U. Hmmm...maybe I won't dresss up if I'm going to see them. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there's going to be any other meets than just Fri?

I know I saw something about this already, but I'm a little frazzed and don't have time to look.

I have two issues:

one of my tickets has NOT been emailed to me yet and its been well over 48 hours and
when I got the confirmation it said SUNDAY- not Thursday.

I just emailed D23, but we are leaving tomorrow morning! No email access! I'm guessing I'm out of luck on the mistaken day, but where do you pick them up if you didn't receive them??

Anyne know? And Can I just buy another at the door??

I figured that there was no use complaining about the convention, so I just joined in: I bought my sister and I tickets for Saturday. That way we can always go over there and check it out if the parks become too packed. :thumbsup2

I know I saw something about this already, but I'm a little frazzed and don't have time to look.

I have two issues:

one of my tickets has NOT been emailed to me yet and its been well over 48 hours and
when I got the confirmation it said SUNDAY- not Thursday.

I just emailed D23, but we are leaving tomorrow morning! No email access! I'm guessing I'm out of luck on the mistaken day, but where do you pick them up if you didn't receive them??

Anyone know? And Can I just buy another at the door??

I too have a similar issue. I received tickets purchased back in June on 8/26, then I bought myself another single day ticket on 8/27 and never received the e-ticket to print. I am just going to bring my email confirmation of purchase with me and hope that is good enough.

As far as buying tickets their, I'm thinking that you would have to go to a different location than others who already have tickets because the desk in the lobby area on the Expo map specifies "Online Ticket Redemption" which should be where you will turn in your pre-purchased tickets for a wristband

Ordered my tickets last night and I got the .pdf email this morning. That was some rather snappy service there, Disney. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter