Are You planning a trip to Disneyland in December?

ABC News - Fresno link
Enjoyed another long weekend at DLR (3-7 December), mostly sunny and cool, 'cept for today. Today, cold rain for most of the day and very short lines for all open attractions. Lost my cell in DCA on Friday afternoon, DCA Lost & Found recovered it, undamaged, Sunday afternoon.:) Will drive back to Clovis via the coastal route due to snow and ice on the Grapevine, tomorrow morning.

Glad you had a good time, Bill. Sounds like you avoided most of the bad weather, hope your trip back home is an easy one!

ABC News - Fresno link
Enjoyed another long weekend at DLR (3-7 December), mostly sunny and cool, 'cept for today. Today, cold rain for most of the day and very short lines for all open attractions. Lost my cell in DCA on Friday afternoon, DCA Lost & Found recovered it, undamaged, Sunday afternoon.:) Will drive back to Clovis via the coastal route due to snow and ice on the Grapevine, tomorrow morning.

I saw on the news they had closed the grapevine in both directions! I wonder how much snow they will get overnight.... will be watching in the am!

The thing with the Grapevine is, they close it when it's too icy or snowy period. They don't try to say "use chains" or regulate it in any other way (like they do in the Sierra's), they just close it. Unfortunately sometimes you don't know until too late. Luckily there is a phone number so we will be calling it when we leave, but since we will be driving thru before it's too late we are hoping it's open for us. :) Just a few more days!! :)

I was worried all this time about rain once I arrived at DL, but looks like snow in Chicago might stop me from even being able to get to DL :scared1::scared1::scared1::sad1:

We're here! I'll be doing some sort of trip report later, but these are a fewof the highlights so far:

Our Southwest flight from Sacramento to LAX was delayed for over an hour due to weather back East. We asked about the possibility of taking the earlier flight into Orange County instead and because our flight was delayed they changed us for no charge! This got us to the DLH two to three hours before we anticipated.

The downside to this was that one of our bags didn't make the flight and we are still waiting on it. Supposedly, it's now on it's way.

We ate dinner at Rainforest and it was swamped! The timing worked out that we put our names in while the fireworks were going off. DTD quickly became mobbed about tento fifteen minutes later as DL closed early for the Cast Member party. We enjoyed our dinner, but made a quick retreat when we were through to return to our room, unpack, and get the kids down before our early start tomorrow.

The vest part of the day (other than just being here)? We were upgraded from a standard room at the DLH to an upper view DTD view!

We're here! I'll be doing some sort of trip report later, but these are a fewof the highlights so far:

Our Southwest flight from Sacramento to LAX was delayed for over an hour due to weather back East. We asked about the possibility of taking the earlier flight into Orange County instead and because our flight was delayed they changed us for no charge! This got us to the DLH two to three hours before we anticipated.

The downside to this was that one of our bags didn't make the flight and we are still waiting on it. Supposedly, it's now on it's way.

We ate dinner at Rainforest and it was swamped! The timing worked out that we put our names in while the fireworks were going off. DTD quickly became mobbed about tento fifteen minutes later as DL closed early for the Cast Member party. We enjoyed our dinner, but made a quick retreat when we were through to return to our room, unpack, and get the kids down before our early start tomorrow.

The vest part of the day (other than just being here)? We were upgraded from a standard room at the DLH to an upper view DTD view!

YEAH! Sounds like your vacation is off to a wonderful start. I'll look forward to your trip report - whatever kind it is. Here's hoping you bag has found you...

The bag did arrive last night - around 11:00! DTD is very shiny and clean looking from it's nightly washdown. There's some sort of compressor noise coming from outside. I'm not certain from where. It's not overly bothersome to anyone in my family, but it probably would be to light sleepers.

The beds are SOOOO comfortable!

3TinksAndAnEeyore, your trip sounds like it's been great so far!

I am leaving in just a few minutes, myself! :cheer2: (Yes, I managed to get my LGMH. :) )

Thank you! We're going to take the longer route and enjoy the scenery. It'll be nice not to have to stress about what the weather will be like too.

I can't believe December is here already! To all that are going to DL soon, have a wonderful trip.
Yesterday, the weather was perfect for the drive from Anaheim to Clovis via 101, 154 and 41. The scenery was postcard perfect, clear sunny skies, waves lapping on the beaches with palm trees in the foreground and the scent of eucalyptus trees in the air. I'd about forgotten how beautiful our coast is in California.:beach:

Yesterday, the weather was perfect for the drive from Anaheim to Clovis via 101, 154 and 41. The scenery was postcard perfect, clear sunny skies, waves lapping on the beaches with palm trees in the foreground and the scent of eucalyptus trees in the air. I'd about forgotten how beautiful our coast is in California.:beach:

You always take thing for granted that are right there all the time.... but the California coast.... the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion!! we LOVE the drive along the coast.... you are lucky to live so close to it!

Awesome!! did you manage to get a newly decorated room? or were you lucky enough to stay one more time with a balcony? If I were staying there now, I think I'd ask to stay in an older room first, then a new room to see the difference! lol... a bit obsessed....
EEEE I just noticed my countdown....only 2 and a half weeks to go for us!! :) gleeeeee....

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I would let you all know that I have an extra HOJO kids suite reserved for Dec 17-24th that I am going to release, probably today, if I can manage the time.

With the Annual Pass discount and the Entertainment rate for some of the time, the rate was $109 per night.

You always take thing for granted that are right there all the time.... but the California coast.... the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion!! we LOVE the drive along the coast.... you are lucky to live so close to it!
Will have more time to enjoy what's so close to home having joined the retired crowd, now.:cool1:

Awesome!! did you manage to get a newly decorated room? or were you lucky enough to stay one more time with a balcony? If I were staying there now, I think I'd ask to stay in an older room first, then a new room to see the difference! lol... a bit obsessed....
EEEE I just noticed my countdown....only 2 and a half weeks to go for us!! :) gleeeeee....

We have one of the old rooms and while I would have liked to have checked out the decor, I'm glad for the chance to experience the balcony and old decor one last time. In fact, as I type this on my iPhone, Im lying in bed and have the windows wide open. I'm listening to Fantasmic! in the background while waiting for the fireworks to start. Luckily the DDs are sound sleepers in addition to being exhausted after pretty much going non-stop for two days in a row.

We leave on Friday for 4 days at DLR. Last night DH says "I took all next week off...why don't we stay two more days? Heck, lets stay onsite!!" YAY!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So I promptly booked 2 nights at DLH for next Monday and Tuesday nights! We will be at the Hampton Inn & Suites for Fri-Mon, then move to DLH until Wed.!! We've never stayed onsite before. We ended up with Resort/Pool view rooms on the AP special rate!

Now I have even more to get done before our trip, so I'm not wrapping presents at midnight on Xmas eve!!!...Gotta go..work to do!!!

we're off tomorrow after finals to drive down and spend all day thursday there!! I'm so excited! Our trip almost didn't happen!!

We leave on Friday for 4 days at DLR. Last night DH says "I took all next week off...why don't we stay two more days? Heck, lets stay onsite!!" YAY!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So I promptly booked 2 nights at DLH for next Monday and Tuesday nights! We will be at the Hampton Inn & Suites for Fri-Mon, then move to DLH until Wed.!! We've never stayed onsite before. We ended up with Resort/Pool view rooms on the AP special rate!

Now I have even more to get done before our trip, so I'm not wrapping presents at midnight on Xmas eve!!!...Gotta go..work to do!!!

WAHOO :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter