are you still going to wdw?

dixie13

DIS Veteran
We are still going down "jersey week" but most of the families in my community have cancelled their trips. I am a little nervous, but my husband and I refuse to cancel our trip. My kids are so excited to go, I would hate to disappoint them. Is anyone else having a hard time deciding what to do?? Thanks for any advice! :-)

:)

My trip with Piglet203 isn't until May, but I'd be lying if I said we aren't a little nervous. However, we are still going. We're flying. We are going to have a great time.

Mickey76:)

...the first week of December (we were down once during Jersey week; don't remember on which trip, if that was first week of December or first week of November. Had a lot of fun at 'Ohana in the midst of some large Jerseyite tables... hmm, we watched the Florida presidential election coverage while drinking in the bar outside 'Ohana, so that must mean Jersey week is in November?). We've been planning this for a long time, we'll have four generations on this trip. Should someones awful rear their heads along the way, I'll do my best to beat them into insensiblility with my Goofy ears, but, one way or another, we're still going.

Jeff

We leave in less than a week. I won't cancel, though I admit to being a little nervous.

On Meet the Press this morning, Tim Russert asked the Attorney General about rumors that WDW and Disneyland are known ?????, targets or was there any creditible info that they are likely targets of terrorist? Ashcroft said he didn't know of any specific info on WDW, Disneyland and one other place that I forgot. Ashcroft went on to say that if they have specific info on any site they would advise them directly. My wife and I are going down on December 3rd and again on March 6th. I certainly have some concerns but am hoping that increased vigilance everywhere in USA will help deter these crazy terrorist. A friend of mine who works at WDW said they are checking bags, etc. and that they have over one thousand security personnel as well as twenty to thirty state police as they have the arresting power not Disney Security. We may be a flawed country but as far as I am concerned we are the best country in the world and we give away more relief to these people than anyone else but we're the great satan. No politics but God Bless the USA!!!!!

I am scheduled to leave on November 29, and I am still going. It would take another huge event in order for me to cancel. As other posters have said, I am nervous about the trip, but I still plan on going; by this point, I hope that we will have a strong enough hold on the terrorist groups that any possible attacks on WDW are unlikely.

We are taking most of our family the week of Halloween.
DW, my Father, my Sister, DD and I all feel that rearanging our lives would be a victory for the terrorists.

We are going on Nov 29 for a few days, but are pretty sure we are cancelling our plans to be there for NYE. We have been to WDW at least 8 times in the last year, including NYE last year and the year before...why take the chance? Alot of people have told me I am being neurotic, but I think I am being careful.....

Leslie

Thanks for everyones comments. We are definitely still going. I was just curious to find out how everyone else felt. Again, I am nervous but we are going!!! only 19 more days!
Thanks again!

Heather :)

My family and I are going duning at PRIME TIME, Dec 22 to Jan 4 and you know what? We haven't second guessed ourselves yet and we don't plan too. We will be cautious but I refuse to let that SOB scare me. Live life and enjoy.. Good Luck..God Bless this great Country!

I agree. I'm not about to start living in a cave. Why let them win without a fight. Be alert but continue to live free.

Mike & I flew there last weekend and are going back at the end of November. We drive to work in Washington DC traffic every day, guess nothing scares us (G)

Seriusly - there is so much security now I really think the skys are very safe (if the Marshalls don't get the baddies[if they possibly get on the plane and a can't see how they can] - the passingers will), and there's so much security at WDW (both seen and unseen), it's probably safer to be there than just about anywhere.

I am definately going, cancelled our original stay at VDI for 10 days and reserved a two week stay at a vacation home, in other words we extended our stay and I am hoping to bust a terrorist be it whoever,(teen age punk, white trailer trash junkie, radical extremist,etc.) a $5 million bounty sure sounds good. If by any concievable chance those that fit in this category can read this (or even read at all...) your head is my retirement package.

There are 9 of us going on 10/28 for 6 nights...Only one person is our group is having second thoughts - but the rest of us are eager to get down there to have a good time. Look for us at EPCOT on 10/30 - we'll be wearing the "Mickey's Beer Bootcamp" t-shirts...attempting to drink our way around the world......:jester:

Is that I will not be able to do all the things I want to do but unless there is a family emergency I will be happy to get on the plane and fly. And god forbid somthing happens I know that If I can help I will and I will do me best. My only problem Is which disney resort i'm going to stay at:smooth: :bounce:

Its more due to my business failing because of the lack of tourists. I'd go tomorrow if I had the $$

airhead

Leaving in 3 hours. Although I have more butterflies from anxiety this time rather than excitement...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I figured I'd look at the airline prices since air travel is off. I don't really need to go since I was there the week after 9/11, but I figured with bargain prices it would be nice to visit some friends in Orlando. Can't get a cheap direct flight at all, so they must still be pretty booked! I even tried Jet Blue out of JFK and the prices there went up for that weekend. So, Jersey week is out for me and the kid. I may head down the week before Christmas if prices stay low. I have that week off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter