Ariel Ride --- question plus a thought

You can still hear the audio of it -- when the train stops you hear the "caw' or whatever (more like a shriek). But... I can't tell you the last time I saw the actual bird.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure we saw the bird in January. I'll have to go back and look at my pics. (I always take a pic of the bird, I have no idea why, lol.) :laughing:

Hmm...I'm pretty sure we saw the bird in January. I'll have to go back and look at my pics. (I always take a pic of the bird, I have no idea why, lol.) :laughing:

Can someone post a pic of the bird so i can look for it next time? Please and thank you

Can someone post a pic of the bird so i can look for it next time? Please and thank you
This isn't the best picture, but the bird is peeking out between the rocks on the left side and the mangled track. He is just about level with the top of the track, and to the left of it. See him?

19551_107378542611942_100000193907370_191829_2005370_n.jpg

This isn't the best picture, but the bird is peeking out between the rocks on the left side and the mangled track. He is just about level with the top of the track, and to the left of it. See him?

19551_107378542611942_100000193907370_191829_2005370_n.jpg

So...the point of the bird is....:rotfl2:

Did the Little Mermaid ride last month and I was not impressed. Part of that was because the building and queue were completely un-themed and bland. At least the WDW version will fix that and have a cool exterior.
However, the entire ride just lacked details and had no special ride elements other than seeing scenes from the movie. Ursula was the only good/advanced AA on the ride. Everything else was pretty much just spinning plastic pieces.
It will be a fine kid's ride but it has no reridability for adults. The one good thing is that it'll eat a lot of people, and I mean a ton of people, especially compared to SW. That and it is a bigger/longer ride than the older FL dark rides like SW/PP etc...
Still doesn't hold a candle in the wind compared to PoC or HM. Wish WDW had more dark rides I could compare it to. In DL I would say it's a slightly new version of MI (though I think I still slightly prefer MI).

I rode the little mermaid just this past Saturday and I actually liked it. First I was surprised at the short wait time. 5 mins at 1030. Ok a half hour after the park opened but I thought it would have been longer.

While I agree that it's not a toy story or star tours...it is a really great attraction for everyone. I'm still amazed at how Ariel's hair moves like it is floating in water. The kissing scene is amazing. I wonder if they had two actors act out the scene to get the movements right. You actually hoping he kisses the girl. And wow they made prince Eric so dreamy! :laughing:

I say bring on more attractions like this. Everything doesn't have to be super techie geeky rides. Sometimes it is nice to ride something thar doesn't require you to think too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter