• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arkansas Hillbilly in Disneyland

That book is awesome!!What a great keepsake!

It is pretty good. I love it, both for the book, the autographs, and the memories of the meets with the characters. I don't know how long it took the Disigner to make the individual cards, but it took me about 3 hours total to put it all together in Publisher. Then another hour or so for Office Depot to print and bind it. I'm thinking of making a new set of cards and putting them in a ringed binder of some sort. Then I can just print the cards I need and add them to it as needed.

How strange to seat you next to a broken aquarium! Was it so packed that they had to do this?

It was pretty full, but there were a few empty tables downstairs that I had to walk past, though they were all 4 tops, and I was dining single. And to be honest, the aquariums there are huge, taking up 1/3 to 1/2 of a wall, so it wasn't like I was the only one next to it.

I love the pictures (I'm not usually signed on so I can't see them easily). I check every day to see if there is an update!!
I need happy stuff cause my school is getting ready for state testing and it is the worst three weeks of the year :mad::mad::(:mad::mad:

I love the pictures (I'm not usually signed on so I can't see them easily). I check every day to see if there is an update!!
I need happy stuff cause my school is getting ready for state testing and it is the worst three weeks of the year :mad::mad::(:mad::mad:

Thanks. I am hoping to be able to finish out the Trip Report today. I got a double whammy with allergies and a cold this week, so the last half I didn't do anything.

As for school testing - I hear you. We started ours in mid-March, and it will continue through the end of May (between PARCC, state testing, and AP exams).

I'm all caught up!

Holy pixie dust with the FPs!! pixiedust:pixiedust:
I love hearing stories like that.

I also love all the character photos. My oldest son is very excited to meet Oswald when we visit in 2016. We tried desperately to find him Oswald ears in WDW last summer, but they were sold out everywhere, so that's mission number one for our trip down to Florida in July. He was excited to see your photo with him :)

Ok, I have the entire report finished, from leaving on Saturday March 21 to returning on Friday March 27 (with some carry-over into Saturday March 28). Just waiting now on the CD from Disney Photo Pass so I can upload the remaining pictures. Hope everyone enjoys!!

I enjoyed reading your trip report and will be back to see the remaining photos once you get them posted! When we were in DL in January the waterway in DCA was drained and there was no WOC show. I've never seen it so will have to go back someday when it's up and running!

Ahhh didn't realize you had updated the last two days, sorry ;-)

Oh my gosh, love all the pixie dust and how everyone LOVED your book, that is so awesome!! Nice of you to donate the last of the food too, spreading a bit of your own pixie dust around :)

Love love love your photos, the one with the evil queen cracks me up!! Will check back often to see the rest of your photos once you've got them up :)

Ahhh didn't realize you had updated the last two days, sorry ;-)

No problem. It made sense to me to just reserve the first posts for the story, so it would be easier to go through and read as a whole, but when I update, the system doesn't mark it as a "new" post. I figured that might have been why you didn't realize. :hug:

Oh my gosh, love all the pixie dust and how everyone LOVED your book, that is so awesome!!

I know, it was great!! I wasn't expecting any pixie dust (well, I was kind of expecting that GR could change out the F! FP). I think that is almost the secret for getting dusting - don't expect it, don't ask for it, and be polite. Being memorable probably doesn't hurt either. :) I know that I feel "dusted" when the CM's remember me 2 hours later, much less 2 days.

Nice of you to donate the last of the food too, spreading a bit of your own pixie dust around :)

Yeah, I thought it was the least I could do. I got the idea from someone who said that she always donates any extra bottled water, but I literally ate less than half of the food I bought for the week and I couldn't see the point of it going to waste. Plus, I know it has always been a blessing when free food appears in the break room at every place I've ever worked. Figured Disney wouldn't be that different. :goodvibes

Love love love your photos, the one with the evil queen cracks me up!! Will check back often to see the rest of your photos once you've got them up :)

Thanks. I really liked that one also, though I couldn't think of anything to say to her. I generally always try to have something to say to the face characters, just to have something more than a walk-up, smile for the picture, and leave memory. Though I did have a lot of fun with the security guards doing bag check every day. I always brought at least 1 apple for a snack, and whenever they'd ask what I had in my bag I'd always tell them "... and an apple for Snow White. I hear she's dying for one." :eek:

Though I do think that for my next "autograph" hunt, I'm going to try to find specific things related to each character and have them sign them. Like a toy wooden apple for the Evil Queen and Snow White; a honey jar for Pooh and the gang - unless I can talk the shop and art teachers into carving/painting me a small wooden "huny pot"; (just because I'm that guy) a mousetrap for Mickey & Minnie lol, etc. The problem on this idea, though, is two-fold. 1) finding all the different items items for them to sign (and that will be allowed into the parks - no glass honey jars, no katana for Mulan, etc.) and B) the sheer weight/volume of carrying all that stuff in and out every day.

Which part B is solvable by only taking in a few things each day, but it still will be a hassle transporting it all from here to there, especially if I fly.

Got my fingers crossed that the CD will be here tomorrow, and the pics can go up. I'm home on quarantine for the next 2 days. Apparently I wasn't just having a bad allergy season this year. So, if it does come in, I will be able to post them almost immediately. :goodvibes

Additional Pictures from Monday.

Apparently, there is a limit of 10 pictures per message, so here are the rest of them from Monday:

Continued magic shot at the castle

Photo0143FourBySix_edit.jpg

Photo0153FourBySix_edit.jpg

Thor Picture

Photo0169FourBySix_edit.jpg

Captain America

Photo0196FourBySix_edit.jpg

CarsLand Pictures

Photo0204FourBySix_edit.jpg

Photo0214FourBySix_edit.jpg

Olaf Picture

Photo0253FourBySix_edit.jpg

And the Marshmallow Picture

Photo0274FourBySix_edit.jpg

These are the rest of the pictures from Monday. Make sure to see the ones that were added already into that days report.

The remaining pictures from Thursday. Darn that 10 picture limit, lol.

Magic shot in the morning

Photo0364FourBySix_edit.jpg

Pic of Walt and Mickey with Castle

Photo0367FourBySix_edit.jpg

B'rer Rabbit

Photo0369FourBySix_edit.jpg

Thumper

Photo0372FourBySix_edit.jpg

Mickey and Minnie in their Easter clothes

Photo0377FourBySix_edit.jpg

Roger Rabbit

Photo0379FourBySix_edit.jpg

Rabbit from Pooh

Photo0382FourBySix_edit.jpg

Easter Bunny

Photo0387FourBySix_edit.jpg

Train Station picture

Photo0389FourBySix_edit.jpg

Magic shot at the train depot. No, I am not about to swat Tink like a bug. The PP photographer said to put my hand up and look excited. I think this one might have failed. :rotfl2:

Photo0407FourBySix_edit.jpg

Don't forget to see the story that goes with these pictures here.

And now I have all the pictures posted. I hope everyone enjoys looking at pictures of some strange guy on the internet having a million laughs and blasts at Disney Land. :teeth:

Great pics! Thanks for adding them! Looks like an awesome vacation!

Do you have any more of the hotel or your room?

Yay, I'm glad you were finally able to get up the rest of your photos, I've been stalking your TR for days waiting for them. Worth the wait ;-)

Yay, I'm glad you were finally able to get up the rest of your photos, I've been stalking your TR for days waiting for them. Worth the wait ;-)

Thanks. I was expecting them over a week ago, and when they didn't show up I went online to find out why.

There was a last "Submit" button I had not hit originally. What I get for trying place the order in a rush. Just glad I realized before they expired!

That's ok, just curious about hotels at Disneyland as I've never been.

I'm so glad you decided to do a TR! You do know know that I will now expect them....

I'm already planning to try to go back either next spring break or early summer 2016. It's looking more like June, since spring break is the week before Easter for me next year. Don't think I want to deal with those crowds traveling if I can avoid it.

I won't promise either way about my trip this June to US. To my knowledge (I haven't researched US as much as I normally do my WDW trips, that might be a mistake) they don't do a PhotoPass type program. And I don't like taking my camera with me to parks since it is awkward to take on the rides, and there is no good place to leave it (or at least not at any park I've ever been to).

But while this TR hasn't generated 1000 pages of comments, I have been very flattered at the attention of the people who have followed. I won't make any promises, but I can see me doing this again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter