As DVC owners do you think we should get perks

lubyshell

Earning My Ears
Such as discounts on park tickets like Florida residents do? It seems to me that Disney is getting greedy with charging an extra fee for park hopping.

Just my humble opinion:mad:

DVC gets plenty of perks; check out you membership paperwork. As far as discount tickets, the annual pass does contain a discount. You have to evaluate whether, what Disney charges for DVC is worth the cost; for me (and I'm sure most of the other members) it is. No harm in asking though.

And I surely don't want to pay more in fees to cover the cost of providing us more perqs!!!

I'll be happy to accept any and all perks DVC throws my way. But I don't believe we are entitled to, or should expect, them. Perks come and go, so it's not a good idea to become overly attached to any certain one.

I am glad they offer us the discount on APs and PAPs. That is a great perk IMO and one I hope they will continue well into the future. But we arent entitled to any more perks than non DVC owners, again IMO. I will gladly take what they are willing to give.

Actually the new ticket system is great. We never park hopped, yet under the old tickets we were paying for it indirectly because it was always included. Now we save $$ by not adding them to the tickets.

There are several perks and discounts. Could there be more? Sure! Would I love it if there were? Absolutely! Am I moaning and groaning because there aren't more? No way! The biggest perk of all is staying in those amazing facilities for a fraction of the cost....

We LOVE:love: our DVC perks and are very grateful for them at all times.

However in the last few weeks, it seems that other things we take for granted at DVC seem to be wanted by many.

Some examples , IMHO, would be renters, selecting prime weeks to sell to non-members keeping paying members from those dates and having to wait list for those weeks. Kind of makes the 11/7 rule perk to have problems.

Other exaples from recently reading other boards, non member guests are pool hopping to DVC pools by admission(legal or not) and are happy to tell about it. Non Members are now discussing on other boards that they want to rally to have "Welcome Home's " sprayed upon them when they arrive to ANY Disney resort. Now, in the last few days,
DVC members planning parties that will last for hours, that they say have been approved by BCV management to be held at SAB ( a pool DVC members can't even pool hop to unless you are staying there) for guests, in large number, that aren't even staying at Disney in any compacity.

With all these things being wanted and practiced by so many, who haven't signed contracts agreeing to rules and paying dearly for these perks, these perks may become commonplace if they get their way and not be special to DVC alone.

As for my family, we will be very happy continuing to recieve the discounts for AP and PAP's as long as it's a perk that DVC offers. We LOVE our DVC and can't wait for each and every visit to WDW!~

~DW:3dglasses

Wow, I haven't heard about all of these...sure, I know that "illegal" pool hopping took place and some others. But people wanting Welcome Homes at ALL on-property resorts?? NO WAY! That is, imho, the very point of DVC. They are vacation homes. And since we OWN them, they are OUR vacation homes.

For my family, this is what we do as opposed to having a cottage ("camp") on a lake (which is the norm here in Maine). This is a "perk" that costs DVC nothing to give to us and means a lot to many. Talk about a win-win. I would hate to see it go by the wayside.

There are several perks and discounts. Could there be more? Sure! Would I love it if there were? Absolutely! Am I moaning and groaning because there aren't more? No way! The biggest perk of all is staying in those amazing facilities for a fraction of the cost....

Well said :thumbsup2 totally agree :)

Non Members are now discussing on other boards that they want to rally to have "Welcome Home's " sprayed upon them when they arrive to ANY Disney resort.

I'm new to the whole DVC thing...just made it through ROFR and am awaiting the paperwork. I know that you are greeted with a "Welcome Home" when you arrive...but what did you mean by "sprayed".

I guess that if they start saying Welcome Home at every Disney resort, it might feel a little less special at DVC...but is there something more that you are getting at...

The perks are very nice. We do get the AP for very close to the Florida price. Like others I don't want my maint. fees to go up to cover costs of more perks. I have to say my favorite part are the "Welcome Home" It really does make you feel special. I would hate to see it go to all the resorts. More perks would be nice but not at all necessary. :goodvibes

The perks are very nice. We do get the AP for very close to the Florida price. Like others I don't want my maint. fees to go up to cover costs of more perks.

I'm not sure perks are in any way "paid for" by member dues. They are negotiated by DVC with the other WDW divisions. The growing DVC population makes this more attractive for the various divisions to take financial advantage of a fairly large and repeat group of customers. I've never noticed a "perks" line on any of the annual financial/expenses statements.

ok - i haven't gone through all our paperwork so i don't know all the perks we do get.

i know we get

discount on AP
dining plan (though we pay for it)
% off some restaurants
% off some shopping at DTD
i think parking at the parks but i'm not sure if this is right. (i hope it is)

what else?

perks are just that - an added bonus - we paid for our points, what they give over and above is ..... well..... a bonus.

Considering the whining that occurs on here every time Disney does give a perk (and the fact that we know Disney reads these boards) I am continually amazed that Disney gives us any perks...

IMHO, the AP discount is great!

Having just put down a deposit on our first contract earlier this week, I'm by no means an expert. However, I feel being a member is the best perk of all. You feel like you are a part of something special and I'm not sure you can put a price on that.

The discount on the APs is just icing on the cake in my opinion. I don't know about you but being able to save $400 or more for a family of 4 and having a full year of park admissions to show for it is a pretty big bonus in my book!

I will take whatever they give us, we love it all regardless of the extras.

...but what did you mean by "sprayed".

I guess that if they start saying Welcome Home at every Disney resort, it might feel a little less special at DVC...but is there something more that you are getting at...

Sprayed, may not have been a great term. More like having Welcome Home pixiedust: sprinkled on them like pixie dust upon arrival.

Not really getting at anything, except I thought that Welcome Home was a term that was special to DVC:confused3 but apparently it isn't(see link)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1427443
Which isn't a big deal, they are just words. BUT, I have seen a lot of trip reports where if a member didn't get a Welcome Home when they arrived they felt a little sad. I guess it's the mat in front of the villa that makes it a concrete "Welcome Home". ;)

Like a previous poster stated, DVC is like a vacation type home scenario for some. It is for us. I'm just thankful we get to be DVC members and as to the post topic are very happy for anything that is offered as a perk!~:thumbsup2

~DW:3dglasses

I didn't buy DVC for the perks. I bought cause I love the resorts and with my exorbitant vacation habits this was the only reasonable way to manage my expanding costs. The AP perk is fabulous and one that I'll be taking advantage of this year. The other is the Welcome Home, which I've only heard when I've stayed at a DVC property or stayed somewhere on points. It was one of the greatest things staying at Disneyland Hotel and having the CM at the front desk smile and say "Welcome Home." It even impressed my cynical DH.

I'd prefer it if DVC-perks were only available to members who owned the previous 150 point minimum when buying from Disney directly.

We know there are 'members' out there who purchase a 25 point contract just to get the perks, mainly the AP perk.

I realize the cost of this perk does not affect our membership, but the cost of administration for a 25 point contract surely does. There's no way the annual dues on 25 points covers the owner's fair share of expenses, not just for the resorts, but for mailings, such as Vacation Magic.

DVC could simply set 'levels' just like an airline or car rental agency. Perks are attained when a member reaches the 150 point 'level'.

Just my .02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter