As DVC owners do you think we should get perks

Actually the new ticket system is great. We never park hopped, yet under the old tickets we were paying for it indirectly because it was always included. Now we save $$ by not adding them to the tickets.

ditto- I think the new ticket pricing is really nice.

When we bought our first DVC,( I did not even know there were perks.) I bought, because we already owned two other timeshares, that I trade all over the place, and we have grown to love larger rooms, with a kitchen. My family had their first DVC trip last Oct and we all just loved it. My husband and I are coming next month, the AP perk is great!!! So is the DDP, I sure hope we get to keep these two!:thumbsup2

I'd prefer it if DVC-perks were only available to members who owned the previous 150 point minimum when buying from Disney directly.

We know there are 'members' out there who purchase a 25 point contract just to get the perks, mainly the AP perk.

I realize the cost of this perk does not affect our membership, but the cost of administration for a 25 point contract surely does. There's no way the annual dues on 25 points covers the owner's fair share of expenses, not just for the resorts, but for mailings, such as Vacation Magic.

DVC could simply set 'levels' just like an airline or car rental agency. Perks are attained when a member reaches the 150 point 'level'.

Just my .02

:thumbsup2 I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. glad to know I'm not alone.

Kurby - parking at the parks is related to staying on property not being a DVC member. If you stay off property you will have to pay the parking fees unless you have an AP.

I think it would be nice if they could renegotiate a Magic Your Way ticket discount back in (10-15%). Again, perks are above and beyond, but for some folks an annual trip is not feasible either due to location or cost and being able to go every other year and get a ticket discount would be nice.

But hey, no other timeshare offers such things (ok, now someone will point out that I'm wrong and that they indeed to), so its not an expectation, just a thought.

But hey, no other timeshare offers such things (ok, now someone will point out that I'm wrong and that they indeed to), so its not an expectation, just a thought.

I was wondering this too. Does anyone know what other timeshares offer as far as perks?

I think it would be nice if they could renegotiate a Magic Your Way ticket discount back in (10-15%). .

that would be nice - we don't park hope so we only need a base ticket and since we live so far away an AP isn't worth the money.

but just being able to stay in a deluxe hotel instead of mod resorts (not that we don't like Riverside and Caribbean)

like i said - it would be nice but not something to worry about or getting upset over if we don't.

And I surely don't want to pay more in fees to cover the cost of providing us more perqs!!!
I don't know of any "perks" we pay for now other than some minor indirect costs associated with management of them such as phone calls to MS and time taken discussing them at the front desk. I wouldn't turn down any perks but would agree that it'd be unreasonable to buy because of them with one or two specific exceptions. But if DVC wants to shower us with perks, I'm all for it but agree I wouldn't want to pay for most of them.

Originally Posted by Caskbill
I'd prefer it if DVC-perks were only available to members who owned the previous 150 point minimum when buying from Disney directly.

We know there are 'members' out there who purchase a 25 point contract just to get the perks, mainly the AP perk.

DVC could simply set 'levels' just like an airline or car rental agency. Perks are attained when a member reaches the 150 point 'level'.

Just my .02
:thumbsup2 I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. glad to know I'm not alone.

bravo.gif
Count me in on this as well!

Did it every occur to you that if you stack up the price per point an inital buyer paid back in the day for 150 points (high $60's?) it could easily be far less than a newbie paying $100+ per point for a smaller resale contract?

Better hope they don't use that as a guideline for a caste system.:rolleyes1

Don't forget addonitus, happens alot to those of us who cautiously start slow; but lose our hearts and heads to the mouse.

IMO, DVC extending the DP is fantastic:thumbsup2 . Think it was done to both keep the membership happy and overcome sales objections of prospective members.

Next on my wish list would be to extend a comparable discount that is now being granted on all ticket media (including MYW tix) in the same discount amount = 20%. Of course, the current restrictions for APs would remain the same. Can I throw in a DL tix discount too while I'm at it besides the small one currently offered?:goodvibes

I'm not sure perks are in any way "paid for" by member dues. They are negotiated by DVC with the other WDW divisions. The growing DVC population makes this more attractive for the various divisions to take financial advantage of a fairly large and repeat group of customers. I've never noticed a "perks" line on any of the annual financial/expenses statements.
It depends on what you call perqs. The clubhouse offers free DVD rentals to members; that's a perq, and that is "paid for" by our dues.

Other perqs are negotiated, just like Undercover Tourist negotiates discounts on admission for people buying admission from them. That's really the tenor folks can expect from perqs we don't explicitly pay for: It's no different from whatever other organization they belong to, with as many members, negotiating benefits for its members.

It depends on what you call perqs. The clubhouse offers free DVD rentals to members; that's a perq, and that is "paid for" by our dues.

Other perqs are negotiated, just like Undercover Tourist negotiates discounts on admission for people buying admission from them. That's really the tenor folks can expect from perqs we don't explicitly pay for: It's no different from whatever other organization they belong to, with as many members, negotiating benefits for its members.

while your point is acknowledged, i think what jarestel was referring to was what is published in the "Portable PerKs" booklet that Disney distributes to its DVC members at check-in.
The other is more of a resort amenity and isn't available to every DVC member - only those staying at a particular resort. Whereas, even if i'm staying at POP (or off-site, for that matter), i can whip out my Portable PerKs booklet and remind myself to use my blue card for a DVC discount at Basin.

Such as discounts on park tickets like Florida residents do? It seems to me that Disney is getting greedy with charging an extra fee for park hopping.

Just my humble opinion:mad:

Well, in my book we already get the BEST ticket perk with $100 of the APs, and anything other than that would make US look greedy.

Well, in my book we already get the BEST ticket perk with $100 of the APs, and anything other than that would make US look greedy.

so, why not a flat discount on all media:confused3 would be more inclusive and enable more members to particiate (those who don't necessarily need the APs each year for example)? If you want to visit DL the tix disc is negligible; and since they're pushing DVC out west...would think it would be a great tie in. Especially since you can use the no expir. MYW PH there too.

regardless, assume they have their reasons for designating APs only -- any perc is a big reward.:thumbsup2

Especially since you can use the no expir. MYW PH there too

Are you saying you can use a MYW ticket from WDW in the DL parks?

We go every 18 months or so for 6-8 nights each trip - with 3 or 4 days in the parks on each visit- so we do not get APs- I would LOVE to see a discount on regular park tix. Maybe someday- I will keep hoping.

Are you saying you can use a MYW ticket from WDW in the DL parks?

We go every 18 months or so for 6-8 nights each trip - with 3 or 4 days in the parks on each visit- so we do not get APs- I would LOVE to see a discount on regular park tix. Maybe someday- I will keep hoping.

No you cannot use a ticket from WDW at DL.

It would be nice to have the discounts like we did back in the days of the Magic Kingdom Club but I am very happy just to get the AP discount and have such great accomodations for what I pay in MF each year. All the other things like discounts on dining are just gravy.

No you cannot use a ticket from WDW at DL.

It would be nice to have the discounts like we did back in the days of the Magic Kingdom Club but I am very happy just to get the AP discount and have such great accomodations for what I pay in MF each year. All the other things like discounts on dining are just gravy.
I'm certainly no expert in this area but have been told you can use a ticket (but not a pass) from WDW for DL but not the reverse, that's what the Unofficial guide says as well.

Did it every occur to you that if you stack up the price per point an inital buyer paid back in the day for 150 points (high $60's?) it could easily be far less than a newbie paying $100+ per point for a smaller resale contract?

Better hope they don't use that as a guideline for a caste system.:rolleyes1

You're omitting the devaluation of the dollar due to inflation over the years. 10 years ago, if someone bought at $68/point, for example, that would be the same as paying about $92/point today. There are numerous resale contract that can be purchased for less than $92/point.

I love the AP discount! The only other perk that I would like to see is some sort of FP for DVC owners. Even if it was only for a particular park on a particular day. That would make me hoop and holler and I'm not a hoop and holler type of gal.

Such as discounts on park tickets like Florida residents do? It seems to me that Disney is getting greedy with charging an extra fee for park hopping.

Just my humble opinion:mad:

I do not find that to be greedy in the slightest. If I go to the movies I pay to see one film, not all of them, and I am not allowed to bounce from theater to theater to see other films...doing so would probably get me kicked out and possibly banned from returning.

Thankfully Disney does not operate like a movie theater, understands their patrons may want to visit more than one of their parks per day, and gives them a ticket option to do so.

Not a person that wants to go to various parks in one day? Then you can save money by not purchasing the hopper option.

To me the ability to pay (or not) for a hopper option is hardly greedy and quite the opposite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter