As parents what do you think of this

If this was a first offense of a family that has proof of being nothing but loving and unfortunately a momentary lapse leads to a terrible life changing accident then I could see not charging them but with 7 previous charges of child neglect spanning the child's short 5 years of life raises so many red flag that you wonder what really happened. Yes accidents happen even to the best parents and sometimes that ends up with a dead child but with a record like that I would be hesitant to say this wasn't warranted.

I don't think we are getting all the details from either story so hesitate to offer an opinion. I'm a mother and was a single mom for a number of years and yes, those little darlings are escape artists and no matter how careful you are, short of tying them to you, they will wander off. Mine only did it once, in the grocery store, scared the crap out of me when I found him sitting on a bench in the front of the store. Trust me, it only happened once for a reason, after the initial OMG you are o.k. shock wore off the mad mommy came out. I took him to WDW many times as a toddler and never once did he wander off. I'm the youngest of 6, only 5 years between me and the oldest, and my mother was a stay at home mom most of my life so she took all 6 of us places without daddy many times. Different times, but trust me, not one of us would have even thought about wandering off and my brother's were the most active little boys on the planet. Think about the old movie "please don't eat the daisies" that was my brother's always into something. If we went places like the grocery store, all 6 would be put in the car with the windows down and told to sit there while mama loaded the car. Of course, back then someone took your groceries out the car and helped so she didn't have to push the buggy back. If we were walking somewhere, the oldest would have to hold the youngest (me) hand, the 2nd oldest the 5th's hand and the two middle one's holding the 5th and 6th's other hand and the oldest two holding Mama's hands.

Of course, back then someone took your groceries out the car and helped so she didn't have to push the buggy back.

That's why I always park next to a cart return, that way I am directly beside the car when I push it back. Takes 30 seconds.

If we were walking somewhere, the oldest would have to hold the youngest (me) hand, the 2nd oldest the 5th's hand and the two middle one's holding the 5th and 6th's other hand and the oldest two holding Mama's hands.

Hey! That's pretty much what I do! Everyone needs to be holding a hand and the youngest needs to hold mine.

I don't think we are getting all the details from either story so hesitate to offer an opinion. I'm a mother and was a single mom for a number of years and yes, those little darlings are escape artists and no matter how careful you are, short of tying them to you, they will wander off. Mine only did it once, in the grocery store, scared the crap out of me when I found him sitting on a bench in the front of the store. Trust me, it only happened once for a reason, after the initial OMG you are o.k. shock wore off the mad mommy came out. I took him to WDW many times as a toddler and never once did he wander off. I'm the youngest of 6, only 5 years between me and the oldest, and my mother was a stay at home mom most of my life so she took all 6 of us places without daddy many times. Different times, but trust me, not one of us would have even thought about wandering off and my brother's were the most active little boys on the planet. Think about the old movie "please don't eat the daisies" that was my brother's always into something. If we went places like the grocery store, all 6 would be put in the car with the windows down and told to sit there while mama loaded the car. Of course, back then someone took your groceries out the car and helped so she didn't have to push the buggy back. If we were walking somewhere, the oldest would have to hold the youngest (me) hand, the 2nd oldest the 5th's hand and the two middle one's holding the 5th and 6th's other hand and the oldest two holding Mama's hands.

Ot but publix still offers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter