Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

At the rate things are moving now, WDW and DL might be closed down tomorrow. What has happened so far today is unprecedented and is going to put an uncomfortable amount of pressure on Disney to shut down.
I agree .. the cancelling of things is a virus itself. And anyone NOT cancelling/closing things at this point will get some bad PR.

Trump is doing a national address tonight at 9pm . Im guessing he will announce a national emergency . I saw rumors yesterday there was a push for ban on international flights
I think it is there is good chance the speech will call for a temporary end to mass gatherings. My guess is phone calls where made from the White House today giving leagues, companies and organizations a heads up about that and what we have seen this afternoon is in response to that. I think other groups are just trying to get their ducks in a row before they make an official announcement.

I think it is there is good chance the speech will call for a temporary end to mass gatherings. My guess is phone calls where made from the White House today giving leagues, companies and organizations a heads up about that and what we have seen this afternoon is in response to that. I think other groups are just trying to get their ducks in a row before they make an official announcement.

Very possible. Also possible the same advise from the CDC to these places to cancel events is the same advice that is leading to whatever Thumps decisions are. I guess in the end it doesn't matter which came first but it's all coming together in some major changes in the US for a while.

The other piece of this is let's look at Kuwait. They are basically shutting the country completely down. No international flights, and all bars, restaurants, movie theaters, sports events, etc. etc all closed. If no fans at NCAA and even a temporary shutdown of WDW avoids that situation we have to do what we have to do. I'd rather short term moderate pain now then what may severe pain later if we don't do anything now,

#canceleverything (some great stuff on Twitter right now if you need comic relief, today's been tough)

I feel like the time has come for some serious, immediate action. Schools across the country need to close right now, for no less than 2 weeks. Companies need to enact work from home directives wherever possible. Restaurants should move to takeout only for the time being. Churches, community centers, etc need to close their doors. All theme parks need to close, nationwide, as do movie theaters. Studios can release movies for On Demand through cable providers or as rentals via the various online portals. We need to just hit pause as a country, for everyone's sake.

It will cause a massive hit to the economy, but that will recover eventually. All these huge corporations will be fine in the end. They all have billions of dollars to work through.

Trump is doing a national address tonight at 9pm . Im guessing he will announce a national emergency . I saw rumors yesterday there was a push for ban on international flights
I doubt he will do anything substantial.

A ban on flights from Italy maybe, the rest will be about money and easing some restrictions on businesses and services

Only 21% of hospitals in this country are owned by for profit companies. The two largest owners of hospitals in this country are governments and religious organizations.
I never said hospitals are for profit I said healthcare there is a big difference

Who needs the media fear mongering when you have posts like this...
I was really hoping that we were past the point where people felt they could still call this “fear-mongering.” I live in a State where the National Guard was just deployed to a suburb and the entire State University System just cancelled classes. It is not fearmongering. This is real and it is happening.

I was really hoping that we were past the point where people felt they could still call this “fear-mongering.” I live in a State where the National Guard was just deployed to a suburb and the entire State University System just cancelled classes. It is not fearmongering. This is real and it is happening.

Something being real doesn't make telling people it's the worst thing since World War II any less of a fear mongering statement. We are all aware that it's a serious issue.

I think at this point to control any major political or heated debates its best we focus on what is happening to the Asian Disney parks. We have a thread on the potential for domestic parks as well.

So, as I said, I just cancelled my trip. I was refunded nearly the entire amount except for the $200 deposit as is normal when cancelling outside the 48 hour period and after the 30 day mark went by.

I called back and asked for confirmation and if I could get my deposit back due to health concerns. The agent had to call Guest Services but they OK'd the return of my deposit.

So if you're cancelling a trip, you'll have to request your deposit to be returned if you're in the 30 window of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter