At what age did you start going to the parks by yourself?

Discussion in 'Teen Disney' started by WilliamtheWonderful, Aug 11, 2018.

1. WilliamtheWonderful

WilliamtheWonderful Earning My Ears

Just curious- at what age did your parents start letting you go to the Parks by yourself. For Instance, say your parents wanted to chillax at the resort, but you wanted to go to EPCOT. What age would your parents say "Sure"? Thanks!

2. Newsies

Newsies Headlines don't sell papes.

I was 17 the first time I went to a park by myself, it was our first visit to WDW since I was 13 or 14.

WilliamtheWonderful likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

I was an adult the first time I went to Disney, I think my son started heading off by himself around 12 or so.

5. LittleFishy101

LittleFishy101 Mouseketeer

I went to the parks by myself and with my older brother when I was probably 12 or 13.

6. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.

Never.
    My parents have never wanted to not go to the parks.
    I will say that when my parents wanted to say go on an attraction that my sister and I did not care for we did break away for a little while but for the most part we all enjoyed the attractions together.
    We started doing that when my sister was 14 and I was 12.

7. StacyStrong

StacyStrong DIS Veteran

Pretty young. 10? 11? But usually with older cousins around 16 or so. Maybe 13 with a cousin around my age.

At 17, I roadtripped from Chicago to Disney with a cousin (18) and a friend (18).

8. NYIrunDisney

NYIrunDisney Mouseketeer

First time i ever took with a trip without my parents, I was 16.

9. Riss

Riss Mouseketeer

I went in high school numerous times with the marching band, so I was pretty much alone there with my friends. My parents and siblings did come to every band trip, but we didn't necessarily spend every waking moment with one another. We would meet up for at least one day out of the entire trip or to eat a couple of times, but for the most part, we did things by ourselves. My friends and I were 15 when the band went for the first time when we were in high school, we were freshman.

There were also chaperones on the trip, but their only responsibilities basically included collecting our room keys in the morning and giving them back at night, that way they made sure we were back by the curfew, which was typically around midnight. The rest of the day we didn't see them and were free to go off.