Atkins Info

tw1nsmom - Even if the pounds aren't coming off steadily enough for you (and conventional wisdom be d***ed, I know how frustrating that is), you may be losing inches. Bust out your measuring tape! :)

:wave: Hi everyone! Just stopped by and thought I would check in with all of you.

I have been trying to kick start my weight loss - trying to get the next 7 lbs off reasonably soon. That get's me to within 10 lbs of goal and I am content if the last ten pounds take a LONG time to come off.... but I really do want to get to the next bench mark reasonably soon. I have been upping my carbs alot as I am an OWL and have been adding back more things. So, I decided to KISS for a while until I drop the 7 lbs. I have done it before and it really does work... but it is BORING without cheese, nuts, and cream! LOL! Oh well.... it is not forever. :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

OK. Here's a dumb question. What is an OWL, besides a nocturnal bird?

Pat (blushing furiously)

314 days and counting . . . again

OWL (ongoing weight loss) is the process where you begin adding back 5 gram increments of carbs... to determine your critical carb level for losing (CCLL). Once you determine that level you back off by 5 grams and continue to lose (albeit more slowly) until you get to goal... then you move to the premaintenance and maintenance phases. I think I should have stayed at the lower carb levels for a little longer before moving to OWL - because I had so much more to lose yet. Hence, my decision to KISS for a while and thus reduce my carbs. I will go back to the OWL process when I reach my 10 lbs to goal mark.

Thank you, both, for the explanation. I just knew it had to be something simple. Well, a simple explanation, but a little more difficult to actually do, huh?

Pat

314 days and counting . . . again

I just had twin boys and will wean them Jan 31 st and begin Atkins Feb 1 . So I enjoy reading these posts. My DH lost 150lbs on Atkins. He started 3/6/02. He uses the atkins website and never read the book. The most annoying thing is while I was expanding exponantly w/twins he was shrinking(of course it was worth every pound the twins are great). But lets face it men are annoying on diets they think about a diet and lose 10 lbs. Meanwhile we diet our butts off and lose 2 lbs. But I'm excited about trying. Thanks for the posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter