Atlanta Braves to move from WWoS

Oh no!!! I have been a big fan of combining Disney trips with watching my Cardinals every other year at WWoS. Any word on if someone else might be moving in? I've heard that ESPN is a money pit for Disney, is the partnership going to continue?

Oh no!!! I have been a big fan of combining Disney trips with watching my Cardinals every other year at WWoS. Any word on if someone else might be moving in? I've heard that ESPN is a money pit for Disney, is the partnership going to continue?
Doubtful. The braves are going to want to be near everyone else. I can't see another team coming in.

Nooooo!!! This was one of the only reasons I could convince my DH to go to Disney. Looks like we're going Spring 2017 then lol before their contract runs out.

Doubtful. The braves are going to want to be near everyone else. I can't see another team coming in.

Yup after reading up on it, it seems the teams are all trying to move closer to each other, and Orlando is just too far away. Now I'm going to have to do my least favorite thing to do in Florida...leave the bubble.

Yup after reading up on it, it seems the teams are all trying to move closer to each other, and Orlando is just too far away. Now I'm going to have to do my least favorite thing to do in Florida...leave the bubble.
Yes I am interested to see how this effects ticket sales or people going to WWoS. The only reason to go there now is if your kid is in a sporting event at the complex now.

Yes I am interested to see how this effects ticket sales or people going to WWoS. The only reason to go there now is if your kid is in a sporting event at the complex now.

It will still be the site of all the RunDisney expos, which if you haven't been to one you should check them out.
But Atlanta leaving will be a big loss

RunDisney Expos are cool, but there isn't any admission to go to them. I've never seen a reason to go to WWoS and use one of my "waterparks and more" options there.

It will still be the site of all the RunDisney expos, which if you haven't been to one you should check them out.
But Atlanta leaving will be a big loss
Ran marathon weekend last year and am running again this year ;)

For race weekends tho the expo is open to all. My point was referring to having the water park and more option to go to WWoS.

We had planed a trip to disney in the spring a couple of years ago . Being a Yankee fan,instead of a resort day we had a baseball day . My wife and I saw a Yankee and braves spring training game. At the wide world of sports. What a great complex it was. We stayed at pop which was a short bus ride to the fields. It will be sad to see the braves go. Hope another team comes in. What a great way it was to break up going to the parks everyday . Go Yankees !!

Old news. The Braves announced this last March before spring training games even started. Makes sense for a few reasons.

What doesn't make sense is the ATLANTA Braves moving out of ATLANTA. They are moving to a suburban county that has nothing to do with Atlanta, not even part of the public transportation system. Stadium will be located on probably the worst interstate interchange in the entire state with minimal parking at the stadium. Around the stadium is a sketch area that I wouldn't want to walk around at night. Most fans (and we are some) I know say once they move they will be watching the games on tv rather than deal with the logistical nightmare and the inevitable crazy ticket prices to pay for all this. Might as well change their name to Cobb Braves and sound farm league particularly as well as they are playing.

So a move away from Disney is nothing.

Old news. The Braves announced this last March before spring training games even started. Makes sense for a few reasons.

What doesn't make sense is the ATLANTA Braves moving out of ATLANTA. They are moving to a suburban county that has nothing to do with Atlanta, not even part of the public transportation system. Stadium will be located on probably the worst interstate interchange in the entire state with minimal parking at the stadium. Around the stadium is a sketch area that I wouldn't want to walk around at night. Most fans (and we are some) I know say once they move they will be watching the games on tv rather than deal with the logistical nightmare and the inevitable crazy ticket prices to pay for all this. Might as well change their name to Cobb Braves and sound farm league particularly as well as they are playing.

Not a big baseball fan either way, but I'm not sure that anyone can really say that the location of the new stadium is that far removed from Atlanta... Maybe a mile or two from an Atlanta address, if that? Also, the current stadium is in a pretty sketchy area, too.

I'm definitely not an expert on Braves baseball,but I've always followed the team to a degree as when I was a kid before we got the Marlins in 1993 we had TBS playing 100 or more Braves games a year,also I know the current manager who amazingly was a security guard and baseball coach at my high school when I went there.I've heard the majority of the Braves fan base comes from the northern Atlanta metro counties and that's where the new stadium will be.I don't know how good public transportation will be or traffic patterns but it's location looks well inside of what I would consider it the Metro Atlanta area,it's definitely not good for a fan living south of Atlanta but if what they say is true about the fan base it makes sense.As far as spring training,it looks like Disney will end up without a team as these teams want nearby teams to play each other to avoid travel time.With Houston who plays in Kissimmee and Washington who plays in Viera both moving to Palm Beach county the Braves only have Detroit within an hour's drive in lakeland,all the other teams are in the Tampa Bay area,the Fort Myers area,the Mets in Port Saint Lucie and the Marlins and Cardinals in Jupiter,all these locations are 1 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours and a half away.Back in the early 90's Homestead Florida,at the southernmost point of Miami,actually closer to Key largo than Miami wanted to draw the Cleveland Indians and built a stadium that has mostly sat empty since it was built,I don't think Homestead got the memo about being too far away,what team wants to be 2+ hours from the closest team and as far as 5-6 hours from some others,it doesn't make sense to be sitting in buses traveling around the state when they could use this time actually training,the newest thing in Florida and Arizona is for 2 teams to share a stadium like the Marlins and Cardinals do,they play each other a bunch of times which I'm sure those who frequent the games prefer to see more teams but getting more training time is the most important thing.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not an expert on Braves baseball,but I've always followed the team to a degree as when I was a kid before we got the Marlins in 1993 we had TBS playing 100 or more Braves games a year,also I know the current manager who amazingly was a security guard and baseball coach at my high school when I went there.I've heard the majority of the Braves fan base comes from the northern Atlanta metro counties and that's where the new stadium will be.I don't know how good public transportation will be or traffic patterns but it's location looks well inside of what I would consider it the Metro Atlanta area,it's definitely not good for a fan living south of Atlanta but if what they say is true about the fan base it makes sense.As far as spring training,it looks like Disney will end up without a team as these teams want nearby teams to play each other to avoid travel time.With Houston who plays in Kissimmee and Washington who plays in Viera both moving to Palm Beach county the Braves only have Detroit within an hour's drive in lakeland,all the other teams are in the Tampa Bay area,the Fort Myers area,the Mets in Port Saint Lucie and the Marlins and Cardinals in Jupiter,all these locations are 1 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours and a half away.Back in the early 90's Homestead Florida,at the southernmost point of Miami,actually closer to Key largo than Miami wanted to draw the Cleveland Indians and built a stadium that has mostly sat empty since it was built,I don't think Homestead got the memo about being too far away,what team wants to be 2+ hours from the closest team and as far as 5-6 hours from some others,it doesn't make sense to be sitting in buses traveling around the state when they could use this time actually training,the newest thing in Florida and Arizona is for 2 teams to share a stadium like the Marlins and Cardinals do,they play each other a bunch of times which I'm sure those who frequent the games prefer to see more teams but getting more training time is the most important thing.

While their fan base (read: fans with $) may live north of town, the team has played baseball in the city of Atlanta since they moved from Milwaukee. Now they have not only left Atlanta but they have left Fulton County. As for fans south of town there will be no more weekday games unless the first pitch moves back to about 8:30 because with work traffic and game traffic it would probably take anyone south 3 hours to make the 30 mile or so drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter