• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attraction effects Disney installed but doesn't use ( w/pics if possible )

There was also a live CM holding rifle I think on Kilimanjaro Safari during the last scene with Little Red that kind of did a "they went that a way" thing.

Imagine meeting your girlfriend's parents for the first time.

"What do you do for a living, son?"

"I stand in front of a jeep all day holding a rifle, and every 30 seconds I have to say 'Little Red's OK!'"

Imagine meeting your girlfriend's parents for the first time.

"What do you do for a living, son?"

"I stand in front of a jeep all day holding a rifle, and every 30 seconds I have to say 'Little Red's OK!'"

Yes now I remember, it was 1999 when last rode it with the guy there.

Chris had it so much better. He/she was at least inside and only had to move a guitar back and forth.

I really miss the backlot tour the way it was I took husband and kids and was like this is so great and it went in a circle was so sad but at least they still had the ship from flight of the navagator lol

ness0905 said:
I really miss the backlot tour the way it was I took husband and kids and was like this is so great and it went in a circle was so sad but at least they still had the ship from flight of the navagator lol

Yup my exact thoughts as I mentioned in my first pst back in 2009. No golden girls house nothing DH still thinks I made that all up.

How about this one? This is also at the GMR. The first few years that MGM was open, your cars would split into two parts with your own tour guide. The first two would go through the gangster scene where your car was hijacked by the gangster. The last two cars would stay behind and have that experience. The first two would pass through to the wild west scene where the bank was being robbed and that robber would hijack the car. You can see the fire damage to the bank in the corner around the windows are all scorched because someone shoots or blows up the bank and it catches fire. I remember it very well because the heat from the fire was intense.

Maybe they stopped it because of the heat or they only do it when the crowds get really huge.

If anyone out there knows the reason why they stopped the bank robbery part and/or if anyone out there remembers it like me please be sure to answer.

it plays just ask and they will put u on the car that does that scene

My boyfriend told me that he read somewhere that when they built World Showcase they built a "ride" in Japan. The ride still sits there today. Apparently it's under, or in one of the buildings but never opened. It looks like you're aboard some fast Japanese train touring the countryside of Japan. Then it shows some clips of Japanese culture or something... According to "what he read" (and i didn't bother to look this back up or research it, sorry) he said that veterans of wars and Americans were offended by the material and Kodak couldn't afford to re-shoot the footage, so the ride was abandoned! But it's still sitting there!

I can't remember where I read it, but I read something similar. They had plans for a Mount Fugi train ride for Japan. I never read that it was actually built, but I wonder if that is something they would ever finish and use.

I can't remember where I read it, but I read something similar. They had plans for a Mount Fugi train ride for Japan. I never read that it was actually built, but I wonder if that is something they would ever finish and use.

There *is* a large attraction building back there, but no attraction was actually built in it. (The Mt Fuji coaster would have been outdoors - too big to be enclosed, obviously.)

Story is Kodak kept it from happening due to Fugi film.

There *is* a large attraction building back there, but no attraction was actually built in it. (The Mt Fuji coaster would have been outdoors - too big to be enclosed, obviously.)

It makes one wonder what is in the attraction building...

It makes one wonder what is in the attraction building...

Usually unused space gets used for storage, or offices are set up there. Perhaps a break room.

A lot of space at the Studios, for example, that was vacated when the production facilities left is now office space for things unrelated to the Studios. WDW isn't one to waste space.

There's also a smaller attraction building at Germany that was projected as a river cruise, but when the attraction was scuttled, I believe the building itself was not built to its original full size.

Usually unused space gets used for storage, or offices are set up there. Perhaps a break room.

A lot of space at the Studios, for example, that was vacated when the production facilities left is now office space for things unrelated to the Studios. WDW isn't one to waste space.

There's also a smaller attraction building at Germany that was projected as a river cruise, but when the attraction was scuttled, I believe the building itself was not built to its original full size.

I figured it was something boring ;) like that. It's fun to think of what could have been though.

I didn't see it mentioned,
How about the yeti in EE... Everytime I go she is down.. I think it has something to do with the foundation..
I don't have in pics but I'm sure Robo does..

My husband and I debated whether or not the yeti has ever worked when we have gone, so I looked it up. Haha! I proved him wrong! It has not been working for years and our first trip was in 2010! Here is a different link than I originally found with information about the structural issues with the yeti:

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/2012/07/expedition-everest-broken-yeti-and-be.html

On Tower of Terror, i believe i remember when going on the ride, the car took you up a long and winding trail, and you really didn't notice just how high you were, until the "drop"... am i just imagining this?:confused3

Glad thread was revived :thumbsup2

Hunclemarco said:
On Tower of Terror, i believe i remember when going on the ride, the car took you up a long and winding trail, and you really didn't notice just how high you were, until the "drop"... am i just imagining this?:confused3

Glad thread was revived :thumbsup2

I'd like to know this too..

I wanted to add there is a good chance to at the NEW ETWB the wardrobe will be going the way of the yeti...

She has not been working properly, and can be a hit or mis..
Hope she is up and running we we get there in may!

Yes sort of. You load at like the second floor. You then go up a little and your car then winds around to the main elevator shaft. You then drop a little and then go up to the big drop.

Yes sort of. You load at like the second floor. You then go up a little and your car then winds around to the main elevator shaft. You then drop a little and then go up to the big drop.

Thanks. i thought it wound to the top, and then the drop....i must have been thinking of something else. Thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup2

First, anyone remember the old "barker bird" outside the Enchanted Tiki Room? Would love to see him revived...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7uaKSio2U

Second, I distinctly remember 3 different "scenes" before the car moves forward on ToT. Now, it's only 2. Am I remembering wrong, or did they cut a scene?:confused3

Second, I distinctly remember 3 different "scenes" before the car moves forward on ToT. Now, it's only 2. Am I remembering wrong, or did they cut a scene?:confused3

It's funny you ask that because I remember riding ToT in the first month it opened and we stopped twice on the ascent and then the transition room to the drop shaft. This was back when it was just one drop... By the time we made it back they were doing the multiple drops (which was only supposed to be a one-time, event related change and it was going to be changed back to a single drop), there was only one scene on the ascent before the tradition room, though now there are scenes occasionally between drops on the descent before the final closing spiel.

One of the stops on TOT was for a picture (no not during the drop). Then it appeared on the big eyeball you passed on the way to the drops. It was there in the early years, then it was gone for a long time. Last year I saw it again once. When they don't take your picture, it is just random people in the car, otherwise you can see yourself if you look quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter