August 15, 2016: Wonder to Alaska!

Awesome! Keep posting then, ask questions, tell us about your plans for excursions, before/after to get your post count up! I'd like to get the list out soon :daisy:

Hi Kuhltiffany,

csel still wants to participate in the FE, but I haven't posted 10 times, so I can't PM you!!

Awesome! Keep posting then, ask questions, tell us about your plans for excursions, before/after to get your post count up! I'd like to get the list out soon :daisy:
Sounds good!

Is anyone staying at the Pan Pacific Downtown the night before the cruise?

We're staying the night before and 4 nights after. The budget has us at the Comfort Inn, but even that was a lot! Apparently there's an event on at that time that has a lot of the reasonable rooms booked already...

We're staying at the St Regis, also downtown. it got rave reviews from the Lonely Planet and was reasonably priced.

Has anyone else NOT booked their flights yet? We haven't. I have been watching the flight prices since last August. I figured I'd book once the price fell below $700, and it has not. I'm hoping there will be a sale in the next couple of months. Maybe that's wishful thinking, given that it's summer?

We're staying the night before and 4 nights after. The budget has us at the Comfort Inn, but even that was a lot! Apparently there's an event on at that time that has a lot of the reasonable rooms booked already...
Let's look at booking.com to check for availability in USD for Friday (Aug 12)check-in and Monday (Aug 15) check-out for 3 nights....

• $1504 ($501 USD each night) Pan Pacific
  • $1355 Westin Bayshore
  • $1301 Fairmont Waterfront
  • $1267 Sheraton Wall Centre
  • $1100 Marriot Pinnacle
  • $1076 Hyatt
  • $1070 Pinnacle Harbourfront
  • $1070 Delta Suites
  • $1050 Sutton Grande Residence
  • $1014 Sutton Place
  • $903 Westin Grande
  • $980 ($326 USD each night) Hampton Inn Vancouver Downtown
  • $780 ($260 USD each night) Blue Horizon
There's savings by the airport
  • $439 ($146 USD each night) Radisson Vancouver Airport, subway across the street and you can be downtown in 25 minutes!
  • $323 ($107 USD each night) Coast Vancouver Airport.... public transit downtown is not the most convenient.... however the savings cover the cab costs big time!
As a budget traveler.... I would be looking at the Radisson Vancouver Airport for savings and convenience if I was on this cruise sailing.

We are from Pennsylvania, so checking into the best way to get to Vancouver. Right now we are planning to fly to Seattle to spend a day then take the train to Vancouver (but that could change). I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

We're from Phoenix. We're flying to Seattle on the 14th? Spending the night at the Cedar Creek Lodge by SeaTac then taking the 7:45a train to Vancouver. We've never been an a train before and thought it would be fun!

This is my first post here. My DH and I will be embarking on our first cruise to Alaska and our 2nd Disney Cruise. Embarkation day will be our first anniversary and we are EXCITED!
On our last cruise we had the opportunity to take a group mixology class at Skyline that was a ton of fun. Does anyone know if that will be available for this departure?

This is my first post here. My DH and I will be embarking on our first cruise to Alaska and our 2nd Disney Cruise. Embarkation day will be our first anniversary and we are EXCITED!
On our last cruise we had the opportunity to take a group mixology class at Skyline that was a ton of fun. Does anyone know if that will be available for this departure?

They normally have them on sea days. You sign up on the ship. There is a Facebook group that is setting up a private one. You might want to join the group.

Welcome aboard! This will also be DH and my first cruise to Alaska... and actually our first Disney cruise/any kind of cruise. I have heard there are tastings & mixology classes available, but unsure which ones & if they will be available on our sailing. I believe you will only be able to sign up for them after embarking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter