• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my 21st trip and I'd say probably half of those, if not more, were in August. I love going in August. It is SOOOOO hot and you sweat like crazy but I actually LOVE the summer (can't stand the cold) so I'm okay with it. It's very easy to cool off at any time during the day. I just remember one day it was so hot, we were literally running from shade to shade around World Showcase.

I don't think the crowds are so bad. Careful use of FP and the crowds don't even enter the equation for me.

I totally agree with you. I love the heat, so much better than the Canadian winters. We just take our breaks in the ac restaurants and even the rides give us a great break from the heat. Love it!

Okay I'll bite.....

QOTD: Do you visit the waterparks while at WDW, if so which one do you prefer and why?

We try to go to them each trip but it seems that my older kids are really taking a better liking in TL that they don't even want to bother to go to BB. This trip though I don't know if we will be able to get to one since we are only going for 9 days. But I shouldn't say it because we always seem to fit everything in.
By the way how do you put multiple quotes in your post? I am new to this and not very good with computers. There are so many great questions and responses.

QOTD:

What is your favorite attraction in each park??:cheer2:

Mine are:

MK- Splash Mtn
EP-Illuminations (yes, fireworks count;))
AK-Safari
DHS-Star Tours

This is fun
MK- space mountain
EP- drinking around the world(yes I vote also that it counts)
Ak-Safari Safari and Safari again
DHS-ToT

Good Morning my fellow teammates!!! Let's see....

MK --- it has to be a tie with PotC and Haunted Mansion
AK --- not too many rides here, but it's definitely Kilimanjaro Safaris
Epcot --- TEST TRACK!!!! :sad2: :sad:
HS --- again, another tie between ToT and RnR!!!!

:goodvibes

im in! Im in!!! This is a last min trip for me. Ill be at bonnet creek Aug 8-9. Best part is that it will just be me in the parks. NO KIDS!!! Then in May the DIS moms return. God I love discovering disney as an adult.

Interesting that you say low crowds since I was told and crowd predictors reflect HIGH CROWDS:eek: Is it later in the month? Is that where the big variance is from? We couldnt go late in Aug with DH schedule so we are going on the 3rd. I am hoping lower crowds but prepared for higher. We are used to may where crowds arent bad.

From what I've read, the lower crowds tend to be the last 2 weeks in August.

By the way how do you put multiple quotes in your post? I am new to this and not very good with computers. There are so many great questions and responses.

On every post next to the quote button there is another button that is a square with quotation marks and a plus sign on it. Click it on each post you want to quote (it will turn orange when you click it) when you have selected all the ones you want to quote click the post reply button and each quote will be in the reply box.

List is half updated. Lots and lots of people going in August!

(note to self: ended update with Stan Solo)

MK- Space Mountain or It's A Small Word
EP- Spaceship earth
AK-Haven't been yet
DHS-Star Tours

QOTD:
Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain
EPCOT: Test Track
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Rock N' Rollercoaster
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

QOTD:

Magic Kingdom.. Haunted Mansion
Epcot.. Test Track
Animal Kingdom.. Safari
Hollywood Studios.. Toy Story Mania

This would be my official answer as currently dictated by my 8 year old son;)

Can I ask the Question of the Day for Friday (even though it's Thursday evening???......

When do you start saving for your next Disney vacation?

* on a weekly or bi-weekly basis once you return

* wait for your income tax return

* put the trip on your credit card and pay for it later

My answer would be I start saving for the next trip when we get back. I put so much away each paycheck and then the tax refund usually pays it off.

Anyone??? :thumbsup2

QOTD:

Me:
Mk- TTA/Haunted Mansion
E- Spaceship Earth
DHS- ToT
AK- Safari

DH:
MK-He can't narrow it down past anything with animatronics. :confused3
E-Norway ride
DHS-Fantasmic!
AK-Safari

Can I ask the Question of the Day for Friday (even though it's Thursday evening???......

My answer would be I start saving for the next trip when we get back. I put so much away each paycheck and then the tax refund usually pays it off.

I'm here now so I will answer early:)

Dh and I have saved several ways over the years but we have a new system that is working out nicely. We designated a certain amount every month that goes into a fund for fun money/vacations etc. If something big comes up (like an appliance needed replacing unexpectedly or something) then it comes out of there but otherwise it's for 2 vacations a year. We also can save other money ("found money" , change, tax refund etc) but this account is the principal amount.
We can take 2 trips with that money. If I want to spend extra on a big vacation, maybe the second will be a long weekend somewhere close to home or maybe it's two equal amount trips. You get the idea.
But when it's gone it's gone.
This really helps because I was always wanting to add "one more thing!" and it would go over budget. This way we know what's there and we don't dip into any other money.
It's actually a fun challenge to see what I can come up with and stay under my goal. It also helps that I am not thinking of it as the one and only trip. Instead I know if I keep it low, we can go away another time in the year.
It's really working well!

ETA) I am thinking next year I will do two really economical trips. One to Disney and maybe a cabin rental another time. That way I can carry it over and do something more extravagant for my 40th birthday the next year!

First off, let me start by saying:

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3:WE ARE UNDER 60 DAYS!!!:dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1:

Now, I save for our yearly trips by putting money from my poker games in a Disney jar... We got one of those McDonalds Disney glasses in our bedroom. Every week i play poker, i try and win a little at a time. They call me, hit and run Dan... I don't get offended, I just think of the great time my family and I will have at Disney world... maybe I should start sending thank you cards from Disney to all the people who fund our trips... We are on year 6 in a row!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter