AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

Hurry! Costco rates are currently down for our trip about $100. Worth checking.

Thanks for posting! I was able to get my rental rate down to $263 for a compact car for Aug 12-20 from MCO using BCD Code: W852802 (Costco) and Coupon Code: MUGZ070 ($25 off).

ETA: This was through Budget

Last edited:
Hi all, we have been watching rates for a while with the rest of you, its been a tough August. I found one deal today that worked for us with Alamo. August 12 - 26th, 14 nights pick up in Tampa and return in Orlando, Standard size car for $ 284, using only the Costco ID 7014627. We aren't actually going to Disney this trip but I use this board for car rental tips for Disney and other trips. Good luck!!

Check out Budget, never rented from them before, but our price from Dollar was 358, Budget is almost $100 less!

I'm currently holding a Budget reservation- intermediate SUV for $168 for August 6-11

I joined Fastbreak
Reservation thru Costco and that wouldn't take Fastbreak number so I called and added thru CSR BUT took two calls as first CSR told me I was modifying reservation and rate would go up to $339! I said no and got a non- outsourced call center and no rate increase

Last night, Dollar dropped to $275, so now I switched back to Dollar! This is like a part time job with these rental rates this year!

Same here, my Dollar rental went down overnight by $90.00. This is for 8/30 to 9/4 - compact @ $140.00 including all taxes...very happy with that....

Not one drop for me..... just going higher and higher- I'm sticking with my 296.00 for 10 days

Check your rates again. My budget rate just dropped another $40 from a couple of hours ago. I now have a full size car from 8/24-9/6 for $311.

Rates are down pretty dramatically from where they have been for me. Alamo for example is down by $500 for a minivan for my dates. However, they are all still higher than the $466 that I have so I'll keep watching. At least there is movement. Now that it has started to fluctuate I would advise you all to check often. It typically jumps around a lot from this point.

Finally I'm seeing some movement in the right direction! Rebooked our car with Budget 8/23-9/6 full size for 335.85 inclusive of all fees. I've never rented through them, we usually use Alamo. Hoping the trend continues!

I have been watching rates also. Booked once for $300 then rebooked for $250. Yesterday I saw a Priceline express deal for $200 and thought about bidding but didn't get around to it. This morning I checked and saw $185 and tonight it's dropped to $165 ($17/day). Can't imagine prices dropping lower than that. My dates are Aug 9-15.

I have been watching rates also. Booked once for $300 then rebooked for $250. Yesterday I saw a Priceline express deal for $200 and thought about bidding but didn't get around to it. This morning I checked and saw $185 and tonight it's dropped to $165 ($17/day). Can't imagine prices dropping lower than that. My dates are Aug 9-15.
Who are you booked with and are you using any coupons?

We were planning on driving to Disney next month but then were able to find a great deal on flights with Spirit Airlines with good flight times. I can't believe how expensive it is to add a car rental to this trip (Aug 12-20). The lowest price I am getting for Alamo at MCO is $388. Pick up/Drop off at the Car Care center brings it down to $277 but I would also return the car on the 19th if I went this route. Contract ID 7015309 Coupon Code AD2823JAZ Standard size car.

I'll just stick to Disney transportation if I can't find a price below $200. I'll also try Priceline name your price closer to our dates. We always take Disney Transportation to the Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs (especially this time as we are staying at Port Orleans) but I prefer driving to the water parks, AK, EP, and HS.

I just checked Alamo again and while the the price of a standard car using the same discount codes has risen to $441, I was able to book a premium car for $300! How crazy is that?

Thanks for posting! I was able to get my rental rate down to $263 for a compact car for Aug 12-20 from MCO using BCD Code: W852802 (Costco) and Coupon Code: MUGZ070 ($25 off).

ETA: This was through Budget

And now it's down to $230 but the full size was the same price so I upgraded to the full size! I love seeing the prices drop!

I didn't notice that the coupon didn't work. Using Coupon Code: MUGZ057 the price is now down to $213

Last edited:
My rental for 8/24-9/6 (13 days) is $252 for a full size with Budget through Costco! Yes!!!!! That's more like it. Weeew. I'll have to admit I was losing faith in the prices dropping. Now c'mon Alamo. Follow their lead! Lol. Maybe once everyone starts dropping their Alamo ressie's they'll start dropping prices!

My rental through costco for a full size 8/23-8/30 has been a trip in itself. So far
6/15 Enterprise $314
6/26 Alamo $268
7/24 Budget $168
7/26 Budget $131.52

So keep checking and cancelling for a better price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter