August 2022 W.I.S.H. - Accountable August

I love the idea of relaxing by learning! There is a youtuber called amusement labs that explains the science and engineering behind theme park rides. New channel so still finding its voice, but so informative and entertaining.
Promised the DSs we would bake today so leaning toward zucchini cookies!
Have a wedding to go to tomorrow so not exactly a relaxing labor day. Plus it's a kid-free wedding so had to ask one of DH's aunt's to babysit. Hopefully the kids don't give her too much trouble once they start getting tired.

Nice list for self-care!

I think today is going to be centered around not painting. I got more done yesterday than expected and just have the bit above the shower left, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. Goals today are to put the rest of the bathroom back together and cleanup/organize the kitchen, and there's a fair sized stack of laundry. Easy peasy.

We had a great weekend. DH and I went to see the orchestra on Saturday. Normally the kids go with us but they didn't want to go. Normally over Labor Day they show a movie and the orchestra plays the music to it. It is really neat wo watch. This time they did the Sound of Music but instead of the movie they had a local college known for their theatre do the play. It was really neat but we didn't know it was a play and sat at the top of the hill (it is an outside theatre) so we couldn't see the play much. It was still fun though.

On Sunday we went to Oktober Fest with friends. It was a lot of fun and great to hang out with them without kids. Mine that are 15 and 16 and their 8 month old twins. Though I did miss the twins so we stopped by on Monday (needed to pick up boxes they were saving for DH's grandma) and got to hang out a bit with the babies. My 2 decided they missed us over the weekend and actually went grocery shopping with us for the first time in ages.

I did have some not so great news last week. Not horrible yet though. I have been having some pain in my lower abdomen. No one knows exactly what it is yet. Since all the female organs, colon and bladder are all in about the same area, they are just checking all the boxes before we do a hysterotomy. So many appointments in my future to figure this out. I finally get DD good and now I am falling apart. I am so over doctor offices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter